TUFC.V.BRFC boxing/new years day match thread.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Brucie,
As usual you are talking out of your rear end but there again most of your own supporters know that!! As regards your opinion on teh number of chances we created being wrong you only need to check YOUR OWN CLUBS REPORT OF THE MATCH.
Friendlygas - as I said piss off to your own board. We were rank average yesterday but you are in denial if you think you have a good team because you havn't. - How many other teams have come to you and played you off the park? The League Table does not lie and in the same way although we totally outplayed Barnet at the Mem they are obviously a better team than us at the present time because they are top and deserve to be there. If you turn us over at the Mem next week then I will be man enough to come on here and offer congratulations.

You were not denied a certain penalty that is absolute nonsense for starters. - Not according to various match reports and many of your own supporters.

We lost the game because we made mistakes in the first half.- No you didn't, you lost the game because you were crap from start to finish and the better team by a mile irrespective of the conditions. yes they worsened but were not good first half either but we played football on the ground and had the pace and running to go at you. That beat the conditions. If the two goials we scored hadn't gone in we would have scored from some of the other chances we missed. That is how football goes- it is ridiculous to blame every goal you concede on mistakes and bad refereeing decisions. The referee is human.

But anyone but the clinically insane would concede that the conditions worsened in the second half to such an extent it made it nigh on impossible for us to mount an attack.- This absolute rubbish Brucie- have you played football because if you have you will know that you can play against these conditions and we have played against far worse weather conditions.
Why do you think that you were able to defend free kicks about five yards from the centre circle? don't you actually think that was due to the atrocious conditions we were playing against.- Excuses,excuses,excuses you will play in far worse conditions than yesterday.

Your strikers were indeed of comedic value because they managed to cock up a whole host of chances in the second half.- Yes i agree they did and not only the strikers but rather have those than yours who neither created a chance or squandered one!!

I didn't really see whether our "goal" was offside or not to be honest but it doesn't alter the fact the you ultimately won the game because of some key decisions by the officials ie the offside decision on the goal and the plainly ludicrous decision of the referee to award a corner for your second goal. - Giving a corner is not a key decision Brucie as during a game many corners are given and you don't analyse each one and then you say you don't know if the "goal" was offside and yet it was a key decision. Perhaps the decision was correct but in any way if you look at the game you didn't deserve a point and it would have been daylight robbery.
If you had scored a couple more goals in the second half then these decisions wouldn't have made any difference but continually hoiking shots over the bar for forty five minutes don't actually count.- Even somebody like you should know that if you don't buy tickets for a raffle then you don't win a prize and that would sum up yesterdays match perfectly. If you keep creating chances some will go in and that is what happened yesterday.

You are not taken seriously because you are basically as blinded as every other Bristol Rovers fan.- You, Brucie are not taken seriously by even your own fans because you rattle on match after match blaming referees and Martin Rice and most of these are made when you are not even at the match!! As regards being blinded "like every other rovers fan" -we are no different from you other than there are a lot more of us than you-,there are good fans and bad fans of all clubs. Thankfully most of your fans are pleasant fans which even you might be (although you come across as a "Football Hooligan" and it is for this reason I write on your forum and I will come on and give an honest opinion- I have praised your team on many occasions after our matches but my opinion on your team yesterday was it was the worst Torquay team I have seen other than Young who is probably an average League 1 or 2 player same as a few of ours. Football is a funny old game and it is always possible that next week I could come on here and say that your performance was that of a good team. only time will tell.

You came on here a couple of weeks ago and said that because of your squad you would out perform Exeter in League 2. They have players like Matt Grimes and what he would do to your midfield pairing of Mansell and Sinclair doesn't bear thinking about.Its comments such as this which show you up for the fool you really are. - You think you can bully and insult people at will Brucie but some will not put up with your insults. I gave an opinion on Exeter based on what i saw on TV and the players that they have. Matt Grimes is the exception BUT only time will tell if he is ultimately that good. I am sure that most of our defenders have handled a player like him before and I have seen many better players than him before "handled" by players such as Mansell and Sinclair. How you can mention them when you had nobody to compete with them yesterday is beyond me.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

When brucie met friendlygas......
Upthegas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee mansell lol

Post by Upthegas »

We lost because of some wrong decisions haha don't make me laugh. We should of had a stonewall pen without being biased it was more like a rugby tackle... You lost the game because you didn't have a shot on target and had your first corner in the 70th odd minute. If we performed like that I'd just admit we was shit but for some reason you can't do that... Maybe it was a slight improvement from your game at Braintree but I expected a lot more and would have been more then happy with a draw. Your left back got tore a new un and was one of the worst defenders I have ever seen and I'm not the only one that has said that either.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

On another note; bringing nearly 1,200 and singing "Goodnight Irene" four times is dire. The worst vocal away support I have ever witnessed in comparison to the size of the following.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not sure what first half you lot were watching.

When the weather was not ruining any chance of actual sport being acted out, we were playing all the football. After the break, once any chance of that was gone due to the conditions, Rovers "physical style" won out. Yeah, they created a shed load of chances, but they also managed to miss them all. If the boot had been on the other foot, dearest Hector (where is he?) would be telling us all that we're sh*t because it's no good creating chances if you can't finish them off. Points aren't awarded for having most shots off target.

Can anyone remember a genuinely worse keeper then their bloke today? Add him to their comedy strikers and you have to wonder whether this football lark might be as embarrassing as rugby fans seem to think it is.

Matt.
You're right, Matt, that chances have to be taken but just how bad were we that we gifted the opposition so many opportunities to score? They should have been out of sight by half-time and it is only the fact that they are not very good that prevented them from doing so.

Bristol Rovers - like most teams in this division - are poor. They would struggle badly in League 2. Sadly, we are even worse.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

:goodpost: :goodpost:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:Friendly gas - piss off you didn't create 10 good chances at all. What a load of tosh. You are the best supported team by a mile in this division yets you havn't got a hope in hell of getting automatic promotion because you won't catch Barnet who are light years a better team than you are on alot smaller crowds than you have.
Lets be fair you should be ashamed of yourselves for getting relegated last season. When you get into the play offs I hope to god you are beaten by Eastleigh or some equally crap team - that will shut your trap right up, a bit like what happened last season when you made a fool of yourself on here.
Plain fact is that you scraped homne today courtesy of some yet more shite officials.
In the second half the conditions worsened so much that it was damn near impossible for us to mount an attack - yet we still nearly managed an equaliser.
Despite having the conditions so much in your favour you managed a total of precisely no goals in the second half - fantastic
Oh yes and your winning goal? - the corner that was an obvious goal kick. The ref was stood two yards from it when our player watched it over the line. It was a disgraceful decision to award a corner from a fat prick of a referee who seemed to spend must of the second half having a running joke with Trottman - and where was the ref from - yes you have guessed it Plymouth.
Brucie - Rovers created endless chances. A group - on the Pop - near me were counting what the score should/could have been. They got up to 15. If we had lost that 8-1, we could have had no complaints. As for their 2nd goal - they tried that tactic on every corner preceding the goal but our team were too naive to cotton on.

We just have too many players in our squad who are not good enough and blaming referees, the weather, just masks the inadequate, mediocre, non-league shambles we have become. It is a sad end to the year to watch what this club has become.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Hector,
The good thing about football is that there is always the next game and at this level you never know what the next offering is going to be like!! I was only giving my opinion on as I saw your team yesterday- on the other hand when I watched you against Barnet on TV you were excellent and to be honest you must have played well earlier in the season to have got some of the results you have.
I was expecting a really tough game yesterday and felt we had a very difficult run of games Gateshead Home, you Away, Macclesfield Home and yourselves again. I really wonder what sort of performance we will both see on Sunday due to the Conditions yesterday which must have taken a lot out of the players.
I have little doubt that your team will give a lot better account of themselves at the Mem and fully expect and very much hope the players are expecting a much tougher game. Our problem has been all season that we don't take enough of our chances and this makes EVERY game a tough affair whether our opponents are top or bottom and I can tell you that when your goal at the end went in I thought,there we go again...our failure to take chances has cost us two points.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year and a safe journey to Bristol...even Brucie!!!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Don't piss off to your own board friendly gas I for one enjoy reading your posts. Some people just can't handle defeat, and think the officials have got it in for TUFC, which of course they haven't.
TUST MEMBER
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Neal,
Have to say that the main thing that has shocked me about the Conference has been the poor standard of refereeing and early on in the season I did think myself that they had it in for us because we had come down from the Football League but i have learnt that they are just genuinely poor. What has most impressed me has been the welcome we ,as supporters have received from the teams we have played. it is good to be treated like humans and not the plague of the earth (although every club has supporters who give them a bad name and unfortunately the more fans you have,the more numbskulls.) I did think yesterday that the referee took the conditions into account well and tried to keep the game flowing. Good luck in every game other than next week!!!
surreygas
New Signing
New Signing

Post by surreygas »

I've had a good read of the posts on this thread and thought I'd add my comments. I thought Torquay started off playing the ball around well - better than us - but no penetration. We dug in and got a well taken breakaway goal. After that we started to control the game in atrocious conditions which I think we handled better than Torquay.
In the seond half we dominated as conditions deteriorated and we missed countless chances - this is the reason we have dropped so many points this season.
It is interesting to read the Torquay fans dont rate us - many opposing fans have said the same (not all of them sour grapes). But one key ingredient in the Rovers team that convinces me that we have a good chance of promotion is that we are a fit hardworking team that is well organised. And that may be enough to get us out of this league.

As for Torquay, yes they were poor after the opening period when they played some decent football. Or first goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of them. But, Torquay are on the edge of the playoffs and have beaten some decent teams (inlcuding Barnet) so they must be better than yesterday's performance. I dont think we will get things so easy on New Year's Day and expect Torquay to be a different proposition.

If we can catch Barnet (unlikely I know) I really hope Torquay can get up through the playoffs - friendly club and a nice trip for us Gasheads - as long s its not in the p*ssing rain on Boxing day! Two seasons ago I couldnt get a ticket in the Rovers end and so I went into the Popular Side with three other Gashead mates - although we werent particularly vocal the fans around us new we were Gasheads but welcomed us in their end - its not often you can do that these days.

There have been several comments about the referee yeaterday - I thought he was typical of the conference - plenty of bad decisions but for both teams - Taylor was bundled over in the penalty box which looked like a penalty but Blissett jumped into a Torquay player with his arms up and I feared the worst - I've seen penalties given for less and players sent off for similar offences. We've had some shocking decisions given in our games this season but after the earlier games in the season when we had some very dubious decisions given against us, we have had some very dodgy decisions given in our favour lately. I guess we just have to accept that the referees are officiating in the Conference for a reason - they arent good enough to be in charge of league games!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I thought the Gas were worthy of a win even if it does worry me when we miss so many chances - this could cost us promotion.

Happy New Year to my fellow football fans from Torquay and good luck for the rest of the season after Jan 1! It would be a cracking day out to meet you again at Wembley in May!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

surreygas wrote:I've had a good read of the posts on this thread and thought I'd add my comments. I thought Torquay started off playing the ball around well - better than us - but no penetration. We dug in and got a well taken breakaway goal. After that we started to control the game in atrocious conditions which I think we handled better than Torquay.
In the seond half we dominated as conditions deteriorated and we missed countless chances - this is the reason we have dropped so many points this season.
It is interesting to read the Torquay fans dont rate us - many opposing fans have said the same (not all of them sour grapes). But one key ingredient in the Rovers team that convinces me that we have a good chance of promotion is that we are a fit hardworking team that is well organised. And that may be enough to get us out of this league.

As for Torquay, yes they were poor after the opening period when they played some decent football. Or first goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of them. But, Torquay are on the edge of the playoffs and have beaten some decent teams (inlcuding Barnet) so they must be better than yesterday's performance. I dont think we will get things so easy on New Year's Day and expect Torquay to be a different proposition.

If we can catch Barnet (unlikely I know) I really hope Torquay can get up through the playoffs - friendly club and a nice trip for us Gasheads - as long s its not in the p*ssing rain on Boxing day! Two seasons ago I couldnt get a ticket in the Rovers end and so I went into the Popular Side with three other Gashead mates - although we werent particularly vocal the fans around us new we were Gasheads but welcomed us in their end - its not often you can do that these days.

There have been several comments about the referee yeaterday - I thought he was typical of the conference - plenty of bad decisions but for both teams - Taylor was bundled over in the penalty box which looked like a penalty but Blissett jumped into a Torquay player with his arms up and I feared the worst - I've seen penalties given for less and players sent off for similar offences. We've had some shocking decisions given in our games this season but after the earlier games in the season when we had some very dubious decisions given against us, we have had some very dodgy decisions given in our favour lately. I guess we just have to accept that the referees are officiating in the Conference for a reason - they arent good enough to be in charge of league games!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I thought the Gas were worthy of a win even if it does worry me when we miss so many chances - this could cost us promotion.

Happy New Year to my fellow football fans from Torquay and good luck for the rest of the season after Jan 1! It would be a cracking day out to meet you again at Wembley in May!
I think you are right that Rovers have a good chance of promotion. But the league is so poor this year that poor teams can have a chance of going up - look at us - lost 10 games, only one less than we have won, yet still have a sniff of the play-offs. Look at Barnet, even - running away with the division, yet they aren't that good. It is a much weaker league than when we were previously in it and anyone who can put a reasonable run together has a chance of sneaking a play-off place.

I still think the best team I have seen this season, at Plainmoor, were Woking, even though we beat them.
surreygas
New Signing
New Signing

Post by surreygas »

hector wrote: I think you are right that Rovers have a good chance of promotion. But the league is so poor this year that poor teams can have a chance of going up - look at us - lost 10 games, only one less than we have won, yet still have a sniff of the play-offs. Look at Barnet, even - running away with the division, yet they aren't that good. It is a much weaker league than when we were previously in it and anyone who can put a reasonable run together has a chance of sneaking a play-off place.

I still think the best team I have seen this season, at Plainmoor, were Woking, even though we beat them.
Interesting you say that - the best two teams to have played at our place this season are Woking and Gateshead - and we beat them both. Which probably backs up my contention that as a well organised, hard working, fit team, we have a chances of getting back up at the first attempt. We've played Barnet twice this season and they were no where near the best team I have seen this season.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: are you still p155ed?

sorry to point this out, but they only scored two goals.........

and they cant finish?

we have benyon......... who cant stay onside....

well welcome to TUFC.

if you're a realist, god help us.
Wtf are you on about? Torquay have scored 13 more goals than them over the season and even most of their own fans admit they are struggling up front. One of their goals yesterday was totally down to rank rotten defending and they missed a hatful of good chances as they seem to do every week. That is the reality and not very difficult to work out. :-/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

:) :goodpost: Surreygas - a much more balanced view of the game than that turd Friendly Gas.

Barnet must be the best team in the league because they are nine points clear of anybody else. Clearly what they have (and what you or we don't) is a far better striker (Akinde who got another hat trick yesterday)

Friendly Gas - I cannot debate any further with a total moron, so if you wouldn't mind as I have said before please piss off to another board because you have clearly been on the cooking sherry celebrating yesterdays victory.

Noone is arguing that on chances you should have won yesterdays game more easily than you did - however it is obvious to anyone other than a complete buffoon such as you that the monsoon conditions in the second half contributed to your territorial advantage. You may have handled conditions better in the first half but clearly conditions deteriorated considerably after the break.

Given that the score ended 2-1 it must be fairly obvious that the offside goal at the end and the ludicrous decision of the referee not to award a rightful goal kick (your second goal) were key moments in the match. You say that had you not scored from the corner you would have scored from somewhere else. How do you actually work that out though? presumably you missed all your chances on purpose because you were winning 2-1.

So we were crap from start to finish - weil thanks for your humility so now just **** off :lol: Any team would have struggled to do anything in the second half yesterday. :O :scarf: :clap: