Fifa 11

General chat about anything else goes here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Fifa 11

Post by stevegull »

Not sure how many other people on here play the Fifa series as much as I do, but i thought i would start a post on what you think they will make of Torquay on it. In my opinion they got us completely wrong last year and failed to completely look into any of our players strengths and weaknesses. However, i wouldn't want to be trusted with the job of doing player ratings on fifa!!! So, who do you all think will be made with the best overall rating for Torquay?? :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

For me FIFA will put out a Starting line up of
Starting Line-Up
Goalkeeper
Scott Bevan - 59
Defence
Chris Robertson - 57
Guy Branston - 60
Mark Ellis - 63
Kevin Nicholson - 62
Midfield
Danny Stevens - 60
Nicky Wroe (c) - 63
Lee Mansell - 60
Chris Zebroski - 63
Forwards
Billy Kee - 60
Elliot Benyon - 64

So Benyon the Best rated Player for Torquay
Substitutes
Wayne Carlisle - 59
Eunan o'Kane - 57
Lloyd Macklin - 58
Martin Gritton - 56
Keiran Charnock - 55
Danny Potter - 58
Saul Halpin - 52
Ashley Yeoman - 46
Damien Lathrope - 47
Lathaniel Rowe-Turner - 49
Ed Palmer - 43

Thats my view but may end up being underrated AGAIN! But much looking forward to FIFA 11, if the demo is anything to go by, its going to be the best game yet!
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Yeah the demo is okay, penalties are hard.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Olie, I think you're expecting a bit much there. Those ratings are what you'd expect for an established League 1 side, not League 2.

Most players will be 55-60 with the odd one or two over 60 (Wroe, Benyon etc)

Can see players like Kee, Lathrope, Macklin all being 48/50.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

stevegull wrote:Not sure how many other people on here play the Fifa series as much as I do, but i thought i would start a post on what you think they will make of Torquay on it. In my opinion they got us completely wrong last year and failed to completely look into any of our players strengths and weaknesses. However, i wouldn't want to be trusted with the job of doing player ratings on fifa!!! So, who do you all think will be made with the best overall rating for Torquay?? :)

Thats because they do a half hearted job on the lower league sides. Last year they had Nicky Wroe with long blonde hair!!?! They just do whatever on the lower sides. Which is really crap! But the kits that Fifa make is really good!

I will be buying this, love taking us to the Premier League :lol: :lol: :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

The game play for FIFA 2010 was totally different across consoles, I had it on the wii, but struggled to play it on Playstation, which as we know is much more advanced with memory and graphics. Although the other night I played someone called Gull online, so I pressumed they were Torquay and chose to play as TUFC, the other person played as Exter and lost all 5 games LOL. I sort of hoped they were doing it on purpose.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I really dislike football games. I'd rather go and actually play football. The last game I really enjoyed was Sensible Soccer, which was awesome.

I also have a bit of a problem with how these games are remade every year with very few improvements but they still want to charge you the full price.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Definitely looking forward to it this year. I was a PES fan until last year when I was disappointed with PES 2010 (the new demo seems a lot better), and tried out FIFA 10 at a friends house and liked it, and then bought the game myself.

Playing the demo, it seems pretty similar to last years but the tweaks they have made do make a diiference to the way you have to play (the new passing system in particular). The penalties were quite odd at first, especially as I haven't played the World Cup game, but after spending a while in practice mode in the arena I definitely like the new system over last years. It also helps in penalty shootouts that the cpu has problems scoring penalties as well.

The new be a keeper mode should be good, I actually played a couple seasons on PES 5 & 6 fixed as a goalkeeper and that was quite fun. I imagine it'll be a laugh online as well.

I'd like to see our ratings that high, but won't hold out much hope. They'll probably be fairly unchanged from Fifa 10. I hope they've improved since then though as Bevan was a 51 and Poke was a 48! Worse than that, Camara was our top player!

Hopefully the supermarkets will be selling it for ~£25 on Friday like they supposedly did last year.
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

TUFCfan wrote:Bevan was a 51 and Poke was a 48! Worse than that, Camara was our top player!
Reminds me back in the day of FIFA 06, Mamadow Sow was by far our top rated player, so I always played him! :) Carl Priso was also highly scored :?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Fifa 04 was the best. David Graham & Fowler etc!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

My view...
Starting Line-Up
Goalkeeper
Scott Bevan - 57
Defence
Chris Robertson - 56
Guy Branston - 57
Mark Ellis - 63(highly rated)
Kevin Nicholson - 61
Midfield
Danny Stevens - 58
Nicky Wroe (c) - 62
Lee Mansell - 55
Chris Zebroski - 61
Forwards
Billy Kee - 59
Elliot Benyon - 63(BEST)
Substitutes
Wayne Carlisle - 58
Eunan o'Kane - 60
Lloyd Macklin - 52
Martin Gritton - 55
Keiran Charnock - 54
Danny Potter - 53
Saul Halpin - 50
Ashley Yeoman - 49
Damien Lathrope - 48
Lathaniel Rowe-Turner - 49
Ed Palmer - 44
Youth's:
Taylor- 41
Lang- 40
Spear-40
Kudi- 42
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Having got this today I really quite like it. It definitely feels different, even from the demo, in a good way. I like the way they've improved the tussle between defenders and forwards, as it actually feels you are controlling someone like Branston when you're muscling strikers off the ball. Being able to put your own music in the game is also a really good new addition.

I was pleased to see that they have changed some of the stats from last year's game. There are some odd ratings/positions though. Also, Wroe does still have bright blonde hair, and Robertson is fully ginger.

The ratings are below. Don't know if there is a form of spoiler tag on here, but I've coloured them white so you can highlight it if you want to see them or not if you want to find out when you play the game.
  • Bevan: 59
    Robertson (RB): 54 (58 as a CB)
    Ellis: 62
    Branston: 58 + the strength special skill
    Nicholson: 57
    Zebroski (RM): 62 (63 as a ST)
    Mansell: 58
    Wroe: 63
    Stevens: 60
    Benyon: 62
    Kee: 60

Subs

Potter: 43(!)
    Rowe-Turner (CB!): 54
    Macklin (RW): 57
    Charnock: 58
    O'Kane (LM): 53
    Halpin (LM): 43
    Palmer (CB): 47

Reserves

Yeoman: 45
    Lathrope: 53
    Gritton: 53
    Carlisle: 59
Also saw a couple of former player's ratings. Rendell is a 61, and Poke (last year 48) is a 60.
Last edited by TUFCfan on 03 Oct 2010, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I too got it on Friday, and love it.

Already started my TUFC career, not making any signings, just to see how it goes. Won all 3 friendlies, before drawing my opening league game 0-0 at home to Stockport. I followed that up with a 1-0 win over Scunthorpe in the Carling Cup, a Martin Gritton header proving to be the winner.

It's much better than Fifa 10, and I like the way that you can't ping the ball all over the pitch constantly with it always going to the person you wanted - the control of the players in L2 is less than in the Premiership, which just adds realism in my mind. :)
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

NickGull wrote: It's much better than Fifa 10, and I like the way that you can't ping the ball all over the pitch constantly with it always going to the person you wanted - the control of the players in L2 is less than in the Premiership, which just adds realism in my mind. :)
The extra realism is really good this year.

If you haven't downloaded it already, you may want to hold off continuing too far in to your season as they've released a squad update already. All of our ratings have gone up by a minimum of one, with some getting significant stat increases. I've updated the squad list in the post above yours.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Already? Might try downloading that then :)

Cheers