Talking Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I see Danny Racchi got sent off for FC United today, good to see him back playing though, the sort of character
we could do with next season if he is over .his injury problems, still only 29, not sure he would move as he is
a northern lad or whether Owers would be interested
On another subject , note the pampered Premier players only play once over Easter , remember when we used to
play 3 games in 4 days at Easter ! Remember 2 seasons in particular, lost 2-1 to Crewe Good Friday, lost 1-0
at home to Colchester next day , beat Crewe home 2-0 on the monday and we still went up
Then a couple of years later, lost 1-0 at Bristol Rovers Good Friday, Stuart Taylor header, Robin blazed over
from 3 yards, he said it hit a bobble, we took 24 coaches to that game, I expect Merse and a few other oldies were there that day , remember the flower beds with roses
behind the goals at Eastville, lost 2-0 home to Mansfield, our bogey team, next day , then beat Rovers 2-0 on the
monday , gate 14,000 ? Trevor Shepherd knocked over the ref in his goal celebration. Great days.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yes I remember that Easter vividly!
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Better late than never, this week's podcast is here.

There's a review of both the games over Easter as well as a look at the run-ins after 10 points from 12, points targets to stay up and a look ahead to Dover away.

Enjoy.

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

A difficult podcast this week. Our fate is almost sealed after a 3-1 home defeat against Fylde on Tuesday night. In Ep.34 we address the reality of our situation, hear from fans about where and how the season spiralled out of control and look ahead of Saturday's game.

A lot of talking points in this week's show. Would love to hear your thoughts. We've tried to give both sides of the story and you're more than welcome to agree or disagree.

ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Good afternoon all. Just a quick note to say there is no podcast from us this week (don't all sigh at once!). Stephen is feeling rather under the weather and I lost my voice over the weekend so there will be no podcast from us this week. Normal service will resume next week. Our fate may even be sealed by that point, which will give us plenty to talk about. Episode 34, which threw up some interesting debates, is above if you feel the need to hear our lovely voices in the meantime.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Don't miss us too much! :)
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Good morning all!

A tricky podcast this week but we got there in the end. With relegation confirmed we look back at Saturday's game at Hartlepool, reflect on the season as a whole. We also hear from Michel Thomas, the chairman of TUST, who provides an insight into what they're doing behind the scenes. Let us know what you think. Obviously, there's going to be lots of opinions floating around at the moment.

midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Another excellent podcast. Keep up the good work next season.
Also, try to get a sponsor next year...I suggest Boots and Laces (new ownership) but surely Cowlick's Creamery are already handing over money considering the number of times you mentioned them.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I was there at both Bristol Rovers games, Mr. desperado. We hitch-hiked up to Bristol (as we did to Bournemouth once, maybe the same season).
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

midtable wrote: 02 May 2018, 02:19 Another excellent podcast. Keep up the good work next season.
Also, try to get a sponsor next year...I suggest Boots and Laces (new ownership) but surely Cowlick's Creamery are already handing over money considering the number of times you mentioned them.
:} I wish! Fallon will come good one day.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We're by no means professionals but do think the podcast had found a nice little audience, if nothing else!

Thanks for listening!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

The last pod of the season (and maybe the last ever!)

This week we talk over Owers' retained list, my own resignation to Owers being in charge next season and look back over a season of misery...

Thanks to anyone who has listened, contributed and commented on the podcast this season. It has been a blast interacting with fans this season, even if we don't always agree!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Never listened to this podcast before - very impressed, great to hear the views of real fans rather than journos! Hope it isn't the last podcast. Agree about Sam Chaney - I would have kept him on and he would certainly know his way round the NLS next season. Contrary to what you guys were saying he did play a lot of games for Whitehawk and apparently did vey well, scoring a goal recently. He's still to reach his potential, really hope he does when he finds a new club.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

budegull1954 wrote: 02 May 2018, 13:26 Never listened to this podcast before - very impressed, great to hear the views of real fans rather than journos! Hope it isn't the last podcast. Agree about Sam Chaney - I would have kept him on and he would certainly know his way round the NLS next season. Contrary to what you guys were saying he did play a lot of games for Whitehawk and apparently did vey well, scoring a goal recently. He's still to reach his potential, really hope he does when he finds a new club.
Just because Chaney played in NLS doesn't mean he would be any good, the team he played was rooted in the relegation zone all season and the only goal he scored was a friendly against Farleigh Rovers.
It's like saying Owers is a nailed on success for next season because he has experience of managing in the NLS.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

budegull1954 wrote: 02 May 2018, 13:26 Never listened to this podcast before - very impressed, great to hear the views of real fans rather than journos! Hope it isn't the last podcast. Agree about Sam Chaney - I would have kept him on and he would certainly know his way round the NLS next season. Contrary to what you guys were saying he did play a lot of games for Whitehawk and apparently did vey well, scoring a goal recently. He's still to reach his potential, really hope he does when he finds a new club.
Have to admit when Ryan said he hadn't played much I disagreed with him - but wasn't confident enough to verbalise it! 😂

This Summer is certainly going to be busy...