Torquay v Guiseley 24/04 (PP on 24/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

THIS IS WHAT **** ME OFF ABOUT FOOTBALLERS!!

HATE THE MANAGER BECAUSE HE'S BEING A KNOB? FINE.

PLAY FOR THE FANS WHO COME TO SUPPORT YOU!!! PLAY FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU HAVE SELF RESPECT!!

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET MARDY'S ON BECAUSE THE MANAGER IS BEING AN ARSE BECAUSE IT'S NOT HIM WHO YOU SHOULD BE WORKING YOUR BALLS OFF FOR! IT'S YOURSELF AND THOSE WHO PAY GOOD MONEY TO COME AND CHEER YOU ON!!

I'D HAVE GIVEN ANYTHING TO BE IN THAT POSITION 20 YEARS AGO AND YOU LOT DESERVE THE DOLE QUEUE!!

BELLENDS.

(TYPED ALL IN CAPITALS FOR EFFECT. )
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jacks post on "The Gaffer" thread has taken me back too...

I posted (I think it was in 2015) that I'd take "20yrs of finishing 22nd in League 2" - and I got slated to f**k for having "no ambition"....

well.......

If only.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 18:05 Jacks post on "The Gaffer" thread has taken me back too...

I posted (I think it was in 2015) that I'd take "20yrs of finishing 22nd in League 2" - and I got slated to f**k for having "no ambition"....

well.......

If only.
Feckin hell SNW, 22nd in lge 2 = "no ambition" , whaaaaaat ever do they mean, Christ, it'd be like winning the lottery
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Unable to attend on Tuesday and just watched the Official footage of the match.
Good penalty by Romain but fantastic save by keeper because he correctly guessed which side Romain had selected.
First Guiseley goal Gowling is easily outpaced and Balatoni fails to make contact with the ball at the crucial moment.
2nd goal is horrendous mistake by McGinty who waits for Dorel when McGinty should have just cleared the ball.
Third goal from a corner free header. Where were Gowling and McGinty and Balatoni? No wonder we have conceded over 70 goals this season and that is just in League games.
4th goal Liburd gets the ball on the half way line and outpaces Young and McGinty to score.Where were the rest of the defence? Invisable.
When did an away team with 10 men for 87 minutes score 4 goals? Never?
I imagine the retained list tomorrow will be very very short at least I hope so.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:50 It's usually the good guys that get cancer i've found.

Those who ride roughshod over everyone usually live until they are a hundred and eighty for some odd reason.

As much as i hate Osborne i cannot wish cancer on anyone although i know why you feel you need to post that Burnham.

Very powerful emotion anger. It's difficult to deal with.
Read this Brucie and **** off yourself.

I'm not the one who wished cancer on anybody in the first place nor have i if you (et al) read my other recent post properly. I don't see anyone telling Burnham to **** off. Tossers.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 18:05 Jacks post on "The Gaffer" thread has taken me back too...

well.......

If only.
I can see why people disagreed with you. Knowing exactly where you're going to finish for 20 years in advance sounds horrific, especially 22nd each year. You can't get emotionally invested in a great escape because you already know the outcome, so you're just watching a side that loses most weeks with the occasional win, finishing 22nd each year with no emotion. Hoping that better things are around the corner, turning up with fresh hope every August... that's part of the fun of football, and I'd genuinely far rather take the 'unknown' 20 years, good and bad, rather than 22nd in League Two for 20 years straight. I'd expect quite a lot of others would feel that way too.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gulliball wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 16:08 I can see why people disagreed with you. Knowing exactly where you're going to finish for 20 years in advance sounds horrific, especially 22nd each year. You can't get emotionally invested in a great escape because you already know the outcome, so you're just watching a side that loses most weeks with the occasional win, finishing 22nd each year with no emotion. Hoping that better things are around the corner, turning up with fresh hope every August... that's part of the fun of football, and I'd genuinely far rather take the 'unknown' 20 years, good and bad, rather than 22nd in League Two for 20 years straight. I'd expect quite a lot of others would feel that way too.
I'm not sure many would agree with you Chris especially where we are today.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think they would. In 20 years time, maybe 22nd in League Two would be a nice finishing position, but you'd want a few great escapes, relegations and promotion battles in there to keep it interesting year on year. Knowing 20 years in advance exactly what will happen each year would suck every bit of excitement out of it, meaning you'd be watching losing football each week with no hope for the future. I get where you are coming from (in terms of finishing position) but the way you've phrased it sounds horrific, and probably not what you intended to suggest.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats