World Football thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

NickGull wrote:Andy, there is a San Marino club team that plays in the lower reaches of the Italian leagues. Also, I loved hearing the England fans sing 'F*** off Rio Ferdinand'. He's a tool.
just been talked about on sky sports news. apparently roy hodgson heard it but declined to comment. england supporters federation spokesman said he can understand the fans frustration.
is it just me but has rio always been a bit of a pretentious tw*t.

one of those modern over-hyped footballers who have been their own best publicist. i remember when he was touting himself about in the press as the best defender in the world.
then theres the wage demands. getting involved in far too many things outside of football.

creating a record label, rio's world cup wind ups, producing sh!t films, saying to a dj he will help with his charity if he will "big him up on the radio",being involved in a couple of sex scandals involving other footballers (commited no offence though), banned from the 2004 euro for skipping out of his drug test (genuinely forgot,but typical), calling chris moyles a faggot during a radio interview (only banter but he should have known better). all the business with ahley cole after john terrys trial. there is more as well.....

intricate training regime (pretentious tw*t). basically he has just said, look at me im special and he and his club dont trust englands training or medical staff, and man utds staff is better than englands.

rio's recent england career shows he played once in 2011 and hasnt played since. time to forget him and move on.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well done chunky, i despise Ferdinand. Another one of these who says one thing and does another. If he had the passion for England like he said he does then he would have been out on the pitch last night. Just another brainless footballer. Total c*ck. His music is sh*t, his record label is sh*t, his elvis mouth is sh*t ahuh hu but he's spot on about Chris Moyles though. I went for my haircut once at my local barbers and i was sat waiting and they had radio 1 on in there and Moyles was on. His voice grated, his vacuous banter annoyed, his whole show had me heading for the exit door. I just couldn't sit there and listen to such an annoying c*nt. He's got the face for radio but he sure hasn't got the f*cking voice or brain for it!! My WORD!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Come on the Montenegrans tonight! Lets have a win for them and a handsome win for the Austrians in Dublin!! Happy days all round!

Anyone know if i can get a stream for Ireland v Austria ( even if you did i reckon you wouldn't tell me now after what i said above :'( :-D ). :goal:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ireland have got Connor Sammon up top tonight, if he scores against us then i'm giving up and supporting England.

AS I SAY THAT THE MIGHTY AUSTRIANS TAKE THE LEAD!!!!!! HAHA!! MARTIN HARNIK YOU BEAUTY!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

England score and Ireland score a penalty the backwards oiks!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

F*CK OFF JONATHAN WALTERS!! I've had enough of International football now, the whole format is tired, boring and we never get anywhere anyway so it can f*ck off, i'm not interested anymore. I should have been there this evening in Dublin but so glad i'm not now. I hate Austria for being so crap but i hate Ireland even more for not hardly having any Irishmen in their team. I hope their fans of proud of players who only wanted to play for them because they weren't good enough for the country they WANTED to play for. Jokers.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wrong thread? :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

austrianandygull wrote:F*CK OFF JONATHAN WALTERS!! I've had enough of International football now, the whole format is tired, boring and we never get anywhere anyway so it can f*ck off, i'm not interested anymore. I should have been there this evening in Dublin but so glad i'm not now. I hate Austria for being so crap but i hate Ireland even more for not hardly having any Irishmen in their team. I hope their fans of proud of players who only wanted to play for them because they weren't good enough for the country they WANTED to play for. Jokers.
i TAKE IT YOU'RE NOT HAPPY ! :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

Alaba got us a deserved injury time leveller which still leaves us with it all to do but i've calmed down a bit now. At least i can laugh about how bad England are and what a continued struggle it is for a nation of 60 million people to find more than 1 footballer of world class ability. :rofl:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We could still field half a dozen different teams that would kick Austrian ass ;-)
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Err last time we met in qualifying a few years back we came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in Vienna and at Wembley you needed a Lampard penalty to win 1-0. Kicking ass eh? ;-) :rofl:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Last I heard a 1-0 win was still classed as a victory ;-)
Dave

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok then ,i went to Elland Road a few years back and our u21's came from a goal down to beat England u21's 2-1. A victory! :bow:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Brazil v England:

England's first-half performance could/should have been better, but we scored two good goals in the second half:

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/international-football (highlights available until 1 July 2013).

Still a year to go before the World Cup (which eventually will no doubt get its own thread) and obviously it's too early to make any World Cup predictions, but could we now expect to see signs of a gradual progression towards the making of a decent England team over the coming twelve months? Which new/young players do you expect to see coming through into the England team?
Last edited by Gullscorer on 03 Jun 2013, 14:30, edited 4 times in total.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Gullscorer wrote:Brazil v England:

England's first-half performance could/should have been better, but we scored two good goals in the second half:

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/international-football

Still a year to go before the World Cup (which eventually will no doubt get its own thread) and I guess it's too early to make any World Cup predictions from this game, but could we now expect to see signs of a gradual progression towards the making of a decent England team over the coming twelve months?
I think it was Hodgson experimenting with tactics last night, it was clear that England went 4-5-1 off the ball and then went upto 4-3-3 whilst attacking. Whereas when we beat Brazil 2-1 back in February, we played more of a 4-2-3-1 and it resulted in a lot better and enjoyable football to watch. So hopefully Roy gets his tactics right for the World Cup!