Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

coley wrote:....Positive people please keep quiet, it ain't going to happen !!!
No, I will not keep quiet and I'm sure others won't either.
Until it is mathematically impossible for us to stay up I will keep believing.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I suppose if the results were to go against us, rather today than at the end of the season. Bradford made it to a major cup final for a reason as they simply outplayed us today.

Forget Gillingham, if we get anything out of that other than a pasting then ill be happy. Barnet, Morecambe and Rovers. 3 (I say) winnable games.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I know it's April Fools' Day, but Brian Saah Man of the Match...?? Must have been watching a different game. I would have given it to Tom Cruise.

Cruise, Labadie, and the subs Rice, Chappell and Macklin all did OK, but the others were rubbish. Bradford were a very good team, if only because they got the basics right. We didn't. Rene did his best to get another booking, but couldn't even manage that. I agree, Downes should have played.

We've been playing well, with the right attitude, up to now, so I'm hoping it's just a blip. We must score goals, otherwise we're down; we need two speedy players on the wings, to be given the service to put crosses in.

Gillingham, Barnet, Morecambe, Bristol Rovers: on today's performance, we're going to lose them all. A week ago, I was optimistic. But unless Knill puts the fighting spirit and determination back into the team, we're doomed. He's already worked one miracle. Now he needs to come up with another.. :(
Last edited by Gullscorer on 01 Apr 2013, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Scott, obviously each to their own, too many false highs on here recently going to cause a hell of a low when 'the 'fat lady' does start singing ....
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Need to produce a Carlisle type of performance back in 2006 at Gillingham if we want any hope of a least a point.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

I said that 52 points should do it and I stand by that...2 wins....but it's not going to happen. Nothing at gills and possible 3 points from others , good as it gets, love to be wrong.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

That was bloomin awful today! We never beat Bradford, right in this relegation battle again! Everyone was below average today and when Ricey is in goal, you know we're not going to win, let's be fair.

Gillingham (A)
Barnet (H)
Morecambe (A)
Bristol Rovers (H)

Last four games, I have no idea if we'll stay up or not!? If Pokey's out then we're pretty stuffed, likewise if we play like today. Gillingham will be a very very very difficult game, we need the mentality, passion and skill from the Southend and York game back! Come on Torquay!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

It is funny how we win a few games and everyone says we will stay up. Them lose a game and everyone says how rubbish we are and were going down. we can't win every game and we will lose games.

I would rather be where we are than York or Aldershot. Apart from aldershots game in hand, its still in our own hands. Yes they both got wins today doesn't mean there win again the rest of the season.

I wasn't there today and can't comment on the performance and yes it may have been awful. with games left and points still available were do it. Bradford ain't a bad side, Christ they made it to the Carling cup final people forget that.

Gillingham are beatable and if we turn up no reason why we can win. People seriously need to take a step back and stop all this were going down rubbish because we lost a game.

Until we are officially relegated then yes Ok we deserve it. But i still don't think we will and still positive. A point lead is better than being a point behind. We all no it's going down to the last game.

Chims up people and support the team
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:@ The luck has deserted us. What confidence Shots will get from that result. York have stopped the rot. I'm f*cked off right now!!

In the words of a Grimsby legend:

The teams at the bottom can f*ck off, they couldn't win a their money back on a 1 pound scratchcard a few weeks ago and now they're winning every f*cking week!!!! :@

Howe can f*ck off, he's going anyway and he's been worse than useless since Christmas!! Labadie has outscored him from open play this year and he's a midfielder and not even on a contract!!! Thanks for the service Rene now just go. :@

Bodin can f*ck off, i could put a collection of seahorses on the pitch and they would score more goals than him and they don't even have any f*cking legs!!! Disgrace for most of the season and just leave Bodin. You've had nearly 40 games and all you've done is win us a penalty against Exeter and done a few flicks here and there!!!!! :@

The board can f*ck off!! Bloody Mark from THE HOTEL on telly is more decisive than you and his business failed!! Yours is about to do the f*cking same as you've had your Frank Sidebottom heads shoved so far up your arses that you've failed to see the light at the end of the tunnel and failed to see the team needed help. Thanks for the new stand and all that but next season there will be nobody to sit in the f*cking thing!! Hope your pleased for NEEDLESSLY putting us through the mill again and risking our future just for the sake of a few quid. Christ, you've only spend a few grand on Bodin and that transfer was made up of a large donation from a very kind lady. It was also a complete waste. :@

Gillingham can f*ck off, another dump and a loss. :@

Plymouth can f*ck off, those bunch of losers shouldn't exist any more the cheating tw*ts!!! :@

Referees can f*ck off, i've seen one , ONE ref that has had a good game this season from about 14 games. How is it possible to be THAT sh*t?!! The football league need to mug 'em off and start again as they are an absolute disgrace!! Why should we have the complete arseholes who are not good enough to be higher up? If they're sh*t they're sh*t and shouldn't be allowed to ref full stop !! :@

Ling can not f*ck off as i respect his illness difficulties but just cancel your contract and leave us alone. Taylor and yourselves are heavily responsible for this and you aren't wanted nor needed next season. :@

My illness can f*ck off!! Third month in and i feel like sh*t. My doctor is giving me some answers this week or i'm up for some!!! Get paid a fortune and it takes them about 12 years to diagnose a serious virus. Jokers. :@

Bank holidays can f*ck off!! Why them and not the rest of us? They've already helped fleece us of all we have and now they've got a few extra days off to spend it the w*nkers!!! :@

Easter can f*ck off!! Eggs in the shops in January, can't go anywhere Easter weekend as everything is clogged up with hordes of people, travel experts on telly talking about the great Easter getaway and if you fancy jetting off to Dubai for a few days to recharge and get away from it all in blighty. I'd f*cking love to mate but like millions of others i live in the real world where i haven't got a pot to p*ss in and my Easter weekend consisted of being ill and a trip to McDonalds and Blockbusters. I could have stretched to a day out at Bridlington but decided against it because IT'S F*CKING FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, i'm stuck in the house listening to absolute vaginas like you rubbing it in and making me need axtra medication!! You f*ck off to Dubai and don't come back!! Jesus!! :@ :@ :@

The BSP can f*ck off!! Going to small villages again and fighting for 1 automatic spot. Can't wait. :@

Gas can f*ck off! I'm 100% sure i've got a leak as i'm on a card meter and it's costing me a bloody arm and a leg. I'm topping up every few days! :@

Council Tax and benefit reforms can f*ck off! I have to pay short of a hundred quid for my council tax each month, lazy tw*ts who can't get off their drug addled backsides use the same services as me so they should be forced to f*cking pay for it job or no job!! Let's all go on the dole and get everything free, makes me puke. These aren't humans. :@

Positivity AND Negativity can both f*ck off!! 11 men can keep us up, nothing else. :@

Fish can f*ck off!! Try pan-frying a piece of white fish and see what happens. It burns, sticks to the bottom of the pan and become flakes. Another meal for the cats whilst i get a tin of beans from the cupboard. I'd order a takeaway but it would take me a month to decide as there are about 473 in our village alone. That's all our village is now, a couple of pubs full of absolute bellends, 473 takeaways and a chippy, a bookies, a tattoist, a petrol station selling at 3 grand a litre and a park which has been closed for 6 months for 'refurbishment'. :@

Torquay can f*ck off if they think they're going to up ticket prices next season. :@

I've been negative for months and months and been incredibly positive for the last few weeks but Knill has won 2 in 9 and now he has to win probably 2 in 4 including one at Gillingham whilst we get zero luck and other teams are pulling out results. If we don't beat Barnet we will be going down and i can't see past that at the moment.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Awful, awful, awful day. No fight, passion or teamwork in sight from yellow shirts. Gifted a lead, but boy did we roll over for the League Cup finalists.

I genuinely think we will drop now, that performance lacked every ingredient you need in a dogfight, and couple that with another defeat on Saturday (which could see us bottom of the pile) then my god is it looking bleak.

Still, already booked a train ticket to Gills so I'll be there, hoping for something reminiscent of Carlisle in 2006.

Not happy tonight though.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

I can't remember a more lethargic performance than that. We were bloody awful. Brian Saah man of the match? Seriously? F*ck off. He played like a bloody donkey. He should have been taken off, quite frankly.
TUST member 203
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

If Poke is out for any length of time it's all over now. Anyone know what happened?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

tktufc91 wrote:bottom two by saturday evening? Let's not forget Aldershot have an extra game to play as well.

I had! Sh*t!! We're down.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Just got back. Wow that was poor. Totally abject, pathetic, woeful, gutless rubbish.

Never looked like winning, even when we scored, second to every ball and totally outclassed. We looked like the away team, such was Bradford's domination.

Our goal was a fluke, but well taken. Free kick was chipped in from the left, and after a bit of a frantic scramble, Labadie drilled it into the bottom corner from about 15 yards. Good start, but we never pushed on.

Bradford were straight back on us, and equalised with a free header from a free kick. They were then in front not long after, Wells (I think) getting through on goal. Poke saved at his feet, injuring himself in the process, before the rebound was smashed home.

Then, almost immediately after half time, a cross came in from the left which Hanson seemed to head straight through sub keeper Rice and in. Game over. Can't remember us having a meaningful chance afterwards, apart from man of the match (!) Saah volleying over an open goal.

It was really easy for Bradford who, although they weren't really tested, were a pretty impressive unit. We, on the other hand, were absolutely terrible in every department. Rice was his usual flappy self when he came on, Saah and McDonald were playing too high a line and consequently beaten by every long ball and then outpaced by Wells, we appeared to have no central midfield presence whatsoever, and Bodin put in one of the worst performances from him that I've seen. Cruise was really the only positive.

Hard to believe it's the same team I watched push Northampton all the way on Friday night. May as well write next Saturday's game off - Barnet has suddenly become a massive game. Worrying that we appear to have gone backwards again, but I still believe we can do it.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

I have to say, I actually felt sorry for Knill and Brass. They were trying so hard to get the team pushing forward and attacking and...........well........it just looked like the players didn't want to know. Howe was shocking, as was Saah. I would have taken both of them off. Howe, quite frankly, appears to not care any more. Unless the ball's plonked at his feet right in front of the goal, he doesn't want to know.
TUST member 203