Plainmoor is my Mecca

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Surely Barnet have a travel club? Might be worth asking them if they don't mind.
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

WestLondonYellow,

I am driving from Kingston-upon-Thames to Torquay but I am leaving tomorrow (Thursday) morning. If you are able to get to Kingston tomorrow morning you are welcome to a lift.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Popside Joe wrote:I'd gladly jump in with Barnet fans, or any other for that matter. Might even stretch to Man Utd fans - on this occasion. Nothing sorted for me yet, any other ideas would be hugely appreciated. Cheers again for the contact Matt.
If you leave now, you can be here by kick off by bicycle, rickshaw, horse or foot. You could get a cab and do a runner when you arrive? Invent a rudimentary jet pack (James Bond had one in the 60s)* Hitchhike. Get a train and hide in the bog? Go to a local police station and tell them you know the location of two buried bodies. Tell them they're in Torquay but you'll only show them if they take you there right now. This is a one time only offer. Do a runner upon arrival.

Happy to help.

Matt.

*It may not have been the 60s, I haven't looked it up.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Loads of viable options there Matt, the jet pack one being a safer one than the hitch-hiking one though, if i've said it once on here i've said it a thousand times. If you're going to hitch-hike anywhere near London then expect to find yourself dismembered and weeks later stuffed into tins of ASDA value corned beef. It's a non-starter and all for the sake of seeing us lose at home to Barnet.

Done the train / bog thing a million times to Sheffield and back but not sure how it would work down there. Telling the police that there are buried bodies is a no go as there aren't any outside of London and doing a runner from the cabbie is unfair as he's got mouths to feed, his own which is the size of 6 people's. A bike ride is a possibility but whilst trying to flee London some gang of hoodies who say, INNIT and cannot communicate properly will push you off, shout at you which you have no hope of understanding what they're saying so they'll get angry and kick your face in, steal your mobile, wallet and trainers and leave you in a ditch. Don't go by horse or it will crossbowed near Hounslow and sold on housing estates for sunday roast and going by foot is certain suicide.

All in all i'd rob a bank and just buy a car and drive there.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Asa Hall

Post by Popside Joe »

Haha, those are all very sensible suggestions, worth exploring. I'm on the case ;-)
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Popside Joe »

Please help if anyone else can suggest how to contact the legendary Paul Bastard. Or throw any light on whether he's trekking down from Manchester for Saturday's game. Otherwise, I'm setting off on the bike tonight :-D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Popside Joe wrote:Please help if anyone else can suggest how to contact the legendary Paul Bastard. Or throw any light on whether he's trekking down from Manchester for Saturday's game. Otherwise, I'm setting off on the bike tonight :-D
Joe, Paul is a very well known fan around the club, prehaps you could ring the club and see if they have his contact details or would put you in touch some how, he will be at the match Saturday, he allways is.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Popside Joe »

Nice idea. You never know Andy Candy might even be lurking on these here boards. I'm sure Paul will be there, yes.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Paul has been on the pitch and done the 50/50 draw, think he maybe a S/T holder aswell so the club should have his contact details, whether they will pass them to you I do not know, can't see how they would not want to contact him on your behalf though, after all, it will add 1 to the attendance.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Popside Joe »

Useful thoughts again Matt, nice one. I've just sent AC a PM. So, we'll see. Vocally, it will add more than 1 to the attendance... :-D
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

WestLondonYellow wrote:Hi All,

I'm in the same boat, i need a lift from the London area, i can get to reading, swindon or bristol if that helps. Really want to be there but can't afford the train fare. can anyone help, i'fd be able to contribute a littel to petrol.

Sorry to hijack your plight OP.
Hi Guys.
SAme here too. I need a lift from Bristol. If Paul can be contacted he could pick all three of us up and we can all contribute and he can save his petrol money. and give Torquay United a help in staving off relegation. oH PAUL. Paul . Please look at this forum for the first time.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I've already offered WLG a lift from Exeter Services if he could get there (possibly by National Express, cheaper than the train).Haven't heard from him, but if that's useful to anybody else, I shall be there about 1.30 on Saturday & can take up to 4 passengers, & return to there after the game. This cabby doesn't have a big mouth, so I shan't need anyone to do a runner! (AustrianAndy's comments, I believe!)But good luck with finding Paul.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

taxilady wrote:I've already offered WLG a lift from Exeter Services if he could get there (possibly by National Express, cheaper than the train).Haven't heard from him, but if that's useful to anybody else, I shall be there about 1.30 on Saturday & can take up to 4 passengers, & return to there after the game. This cabby doesn't have a big mouth, so I shan't need anyone to do a runner! (AustrianAndy's comments, I believe!)But good luck with finding Paul.

Just a light hearted joke taxilady, a stereotypical view of taxi drivers especially up here in the north. A significant proportion need to use deodorant, learn some manners and lose weight but i apologise if i have inadvertently offended any taxi drivers with this quip.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Goodness me Andy...you don't offend everybody! lol ! Looking forward to meeting you one day, but I'm not a stereotype!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

taxilady wrote:Goodness me Andy...you don't offend everybody! lol ! Looking forward to meeting you one day, but I'm not a stereotype!

:-D