Players Respect?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Players Respect?

Post by Richinns »

Now it seems Mr Ling has lost the trust of probably more than half the fan-base and has a lot to do to win them back. My personal opinion is I would choose Knill and Brass over Ling and Taylor but that very much looks like it will not happen.

A couple more things worry me (other than the fan-base not really wanting it) with Ling returning. Firstly - are the board backing Ling because they feel he is the right man to take the club forward or is it purely the financial repercussions that would come with replacing him? We have known for some time that things are on a tight budget and the fact that it seems neither Knill or Brass were actually being paid clearly indicates we have not got a pot to p1ss in!

More worryingly for me is will Ling have lost the players respect? If the rumours are true regarding his dependency then I know if I was a player I would be far more questionable of him after this whole escapade. This the biggest worry as if we start badly and the players do not respect authority then the club could be torn apart and by the time appropriate measure are put in place we could be facing another dogfight.

I will (for one) give Martin another chance and (as some say on here) he has found some very useful additions in recent years on a tight budget but I really hope the players adopt the same attitude and the fans are not too quick to get the knives out otherwise it could be a very depressing 2013/14 season.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
RN Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by RN Gull »

Knill was'nt paid? Really?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

RN Gull wrote:Knill was'nt paid? Really?
Only expenses such as travel costs and accommodation etc. No actual wage according to Mr Baker.Only expences such as travel costs and accomadation etc. No actual wage according to Mr Baker.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It would be wrong Rich, to suggest that Knill/Brass were not being paid a wage because the club could not afford to do so. I would imagine that a wage was, would have been offered.

You are right about respect, as posted many times worked in youth football for a while, even at 13/16 year old level you hear players talking about coachs and managers they have played for and not liked there trainning methods or style of play, if a player/players do not repect the manager and it happens at all levels, the manager can preach all day and all night, it just will not work.

As for whether our players would lose respect for Lingy if some rumours are true, think to be honest that subject would be best left alone.
Formerly known as forevertufc
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Neither of them were getting a wage and they were on expenses only, but they were fortunate enough to stay in Helen chamberlains house which is palatial to say the least which overlooks the Carey arms .
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

This is unbelievable. If Alan Knill really did the job for no pay except expenses then shouldn't we having praised him to the hilt for the wonderful job he has done at least make some sort of collection for him. It would indeed be a little hypocritical to say what a sterling job he has done and then turn away from offering something. At least the fans would then be seen as truly grateful.
It's the very least we could do.
We should include Chris Brass as well.
If we can't then thanks for once would sound very hollow
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843