Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Probably put them off coming if truth be told; all they furriners leaping about, raping & pillaging.......
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Not sure where to put this question so I guess it'll go here because Mr/ Candy probably knows the answer better than anybody.

How long does the club shop keep older (out-of-date) shirts? I'm going to be back in the bay towards the end of July and I'd like to stock up on the shirts I've missed in the past years. Would I need to email or phone them to keep hold of one in case the new ones come in?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Happytorg
I have spoken to Julia in the Shop ( which as you know is franchised) and she tells me that they only have a very limited number from this/last season and some odd ones from the season before.
Regards,
Andrew
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

A Candy wrote:Hi Happytorg
I have spoken to Julia in the Shop ( which as you know is franchised) and she tells me that they only have a very limited number from this/last season and some odd ones from the season before.
Regards,
Andrew
Thanks for the reply - do you know if there's an email address I can use to get a hold of her to see what they have and if they keep anything back for me? (I actually didn't know shop was franchised, either). I know what postage costs from the UK to here, so since I'm going to be in Torquay *anyway* (fingers crossed for a friendly to see on July 27th, hint hint :) )I might as well just pick them up.

I could probably look on the website but you know..I'm supposed to be working :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

happytorq wrote:
Thanks for the reply - do you know if there's an email address I can use to get a hold of her to see what they have and if they keep anything back for me?
You should be able to reach her on this address: [email protected]

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

rickl wrote:You should be able to reach her on this address: [email protected]

-Eirik-
Thanks Eirik - I've emailed her to find out.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm not sure either who to pitch my question to so i'll plump for Mr Candy :)

Andrew, i aim to get to a lot more home games next season (probably about 6 or 7 possibly i could squeeze a few more depending ). As you know i live in Derbyshire so it is difficult for me to make it Plainmoor on a regular basis but i actually wouldn't mind purchasing a season ticket for the very first time if i were permitted to spread the cost. Obviously there will be lots of games i won't be able to get to but i'll still not have to fork out for a match ticket when i DO make the journeys down and also the club make a bit of extra cash. If i could spread the cost i will buy one as i can't take the hit in one go so it will really help.

Is paying by instalments an option or would i need to pay it all upfront do you know? Also how much is an adult season ticket for the pop? I would appreciate your answers or if you point me in the direction of someone who can help. Thanks Andrew.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

£295 for the early bird price, Andy.

I think they're working on the ability to pay in instalments aswell.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok cheers Nick. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The club uses the money it gets from season ticket sales to set it's budgets for the season (as well as paying the bills in the months without games), they can't use general gate money for this as this isn't guaranteed. This is the problem with paying for a season ticket in instalments, they don't have the money upfront.

Even with a direct debit there is nothing stopping you from cancelling it half way through the season if we are crap again! (not saying you would do this Andy).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I see what you mean Jerry although i meant in terms of maybe paying it in 3 or 4 monthly instalments or something even. That would be great for me and if the 4th payment isn't made on time then the club can cancel your tickets or something and they still have had 3 payments. I don't know what to suggest really that will suit both parties but i'll definately buy one if something can be worked out.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Jerry is correct in that the "early bird" discount is one way that the club can get money in to help cover its running costs over the summer . This is why it has to be paid in full but as an incentive fans do benefit from the discounted price. We can offer installment payments over a period of 6 months but this can only be at full price because it does not give the club the benefit of the full amount upfront. As an alternative, which might be more appropriate for Andy, we will be releasing soon details of the Membership Scheme which includes an "exile " membership ( if you live more than 100 miles from Plainmoor) where you make a one-off payment of £75 plus £12 per game for any stand.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Andrew
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thanks for the reply Andrew, the membership thing sounds good but i'd prefer to own my first EVER season ticket instead. :scarf:

If i am allowed to pay in 6 monthly instalments at full whack then i'm happy to do that. How much is the full price, what payment methods are available and how do i go about getting signed up?

A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Andy,
Full adult prices are:
Bristows Bench-£415
Family Stand-£380
Popside-£340

It is a maximum of 6 monthly payments by post- dated cheque. Peter Legge will help you with the detail if you contact him either on 01803 328666 or [email protected] Any problems let me know.
Regards,
Andrew
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That's great Andrew and thanks, your information is most appreciated. Finally one more question if i may although it may be best to ask Peter but i don't have a cheque book so are postal orders ok made payable to the club?