Manse on Twitter

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't dissagree with your senitment WestLondon, however the was the bloke called James who rang LBC told to say what he saw by the BBC, or the countless other people who witnessed those events.

Taken from elsewhere, this is something our goverment needs to buy into and quick.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

... Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies
monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese,

Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Formerly known as forevertufc
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

divingbboy wrote:Just because you retweet something doesn't mean you agree with it. Indeed, quite often people retweet odious stuff that they're appalled by, just to show their followers what some people are spouting.
This is very true. Can see why people might find it difficult to judge between the two though if they don't know the person. Twitter and Facebook have a lot to answer for in terms of making communication more difficult if I'm honest. That's the great irony of social media, if relied on too much.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Lovely sentiment, but she never said that. Nor, in fact did the previous PM in Australia say it either.

http://www.hoaxorfact.com/Politics/aust ... lysis.html

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well it's difficult to know who has said what, however it does say the article is a mixture of hoax and fact.

I accept it was not said word for word, but the sentiment of it is something that many people no doubt in Austrailia, U.S.A and this country and certainly France Believe.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

forevertufc wrote:Well it's difficult to know who has said what, however it does say the article is a mixture of hoax and fact.

I accept it was not said word for word, but the sentiment of it is something that many people no doubt in Austrailia, U.S.A and this country and certainly France Believe.
Yeh .. like the Aborigines and the American Indians, ... those white christians coming over here .....
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Ah the bloke james, well if he witnessed it then it must be true.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Islamic extremists are no more representative of all Muslims, than the IRA are representative of all Catholics. I was christened as Catholic and as a child very much believed and went to church. Some of the things my English, Protestant, grandparents would say upset me greatly, and only served to push me towards identifying myself more closely with my Irish family. As I grew older and beliefs changed so did feelings towards my family. Thankfully.

What I'm getting at is that this tarring of all Muslims with the same brush, spying on them, attacking them, suspecting them will only cause greater division. The attacks on mosques by the EDL only further the agenda of extremists. A new generation of young, British, Muslims will grow up under a cloud of fear and suspicion. Young, Christian, Britons will grow up the same. All that will achieve is to provide terrorist organisations with a large pool of disaffected youth from which to recruit and corrupt.

As for spying. How long before neighbours start informing on each other because of a grudge? Or perhaps we could just hold denunciation meetings, Chairman Mao style? We're supposed to be free, but if some people get their way, we'll have mass deportations, a return to hanging, constant surveillance and restricted freedom of speech. But only for one section of society. Because that won't fail at all.

Oh, how I wish we could all just get along.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

He quite clearly did, and the events were caught on camara by many who were not from the BBC.

Look please do not get me wrong, I have no problem living and in return to let live. I have no problem with anyone who wishs to practise their faith whether it be islamic or another after all St George was born in palistine.

Just do not tell me in return that I can not practise my own because others find it offensive, do not tell me I can't fly the English flag, do not tell me that Islam will one day dominate the world and justify the mass murder of innocent people in the name of religon, after all I beieve the translation of Taliban is religous student.

What ever parts of that article is hoax or fact, one part of it is spot on, if you don't like it here regardless of whether you were born here or not, you have the freedom to leave. I have the same freedom, I happen to be very proud of this country and I am going no where.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Whether she said it or didn't, I completely agree with the statement and the sentiment. I look at the thread above with some anger that people have seen fit to criticise Manse for daring to have an opinion. Just because it may not be in synch with the happy clappy, liberal, PC, yuman rights tosh that we have been fed by successive governments doesn't stop Manse or anybody else from having the right to free speech. The evil Anjem Choudary has said the most outrageous things about what he likes to call "non believers", what is good for the goose etc.

My opinion is that there is a section of the Muslim population in the UK (I won't use the word "community", more liberal tosh) that wishes harm on non-Muslims. Before you get all self-righteous, I said a "SECTION" of the Muslim population. This section is more than 10s, more than 100s and is probably in the 1000s. They consist of people whose opinions have been shaped by "preachers" such as Abu Qatada and Hookie. These people are a cancer in the UK that should be cut out before it is too late. The vermin that killed that poor soldier yesterday are part of this group, and there are others.Those murderers should, in my view, be hanged.

For me, demonstrating on our streets with placards calling for harm to be done to UK troops, for death to anybody who dares to criticise Islam etc. etc., should result in removal of passports and deportation. I don't care if they are UK nationals, demonstrating your hatred of the country that gives you its passport should result in the removal of that passport.

Rant over.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

What? Who is that comment aimed at?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

How do you determine who is "uneducated"? Are you talking about people who hold opinions different from yours?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Agreed that social media has power, it is used to powerful effect by terrorists and extremists. I reckon people have the right to respond when they feel threatened, and you don't get more threatening than killing innocent people on the streets, setting off bombs to kill and maim and promulgating hatred.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

EddUK12 wrote:people that do not understand the power of social media and the need to use it responsibly.

or is this to intelligent?
How ironic you education argument is!

Manse has done nothing wrong - a lot of people need to grow up. He is entitled to an opinion and entitled to air this however he wishes.

First point - It is very unclear that what he has retweeted is even his opinion so I am not sure why issues are even being raised assuming that it is.

Secondly - (say that it is his opinion) If you do not wish to receive his opinion then don't read it. If you do not agree with his opinion then tell him and discuss it with him. If you agree with him and wish to discuss it then do so. That is the whole point of social media and twitter.

My personal viewpoint is that there is a certain (very minute) percentage of individuals in societies across the globe who justify such monstrous action (as seen in this recent example). These few sick and evil people can been seen across all race, genders and religions. Whether it be these two individuals, Jimmy Saville or Josef Fritzl - they all somehow reason their behaviour using outside influences as justification. Their behaviour cannot and should not attached to things such as their religion. They are just evil and disturbed and not fit to represent any society, race or religion. Yes education is key to reducing this percentage of people who become extremists but unfortunately it can and will never be eradicated.

As for the opinion that the BBC and other media outlets control and shape our versions of events – sorry but no dice. This as a conspiracy theory holds very little validity and to me is laughable – but hey, this is just my opinion on a social media site which is set-up for that very reason!!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Lol, so the media don't form social opinion? Lolololol. Next you'll tell tv advertising is ineffective.

"No dice" and "conspiracy theory" oh well how can I retort such a reasoned argument.

Oh, I just did
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Added to that, the media is the source of ALL our perceived versions of events of this nature.