2013/14 Away Kit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: downes

Post by sam »

I know I am old school but still think away kits should only be used when the colours clash. As we are distinctive,not a ubiquitous blue or red shirt, it would not be that often. I don't know how much we make on the sale of away shirts but the shirt with our proper colours may sell more if it can represent the Torquay team thats playing in the same design in 45 games out of 46. We should be standing on the terraces at Accrington et al resplendent in our lovely blue and yellow colours, wearing our blue and yellow scarves and bobble hats the same colour of the team we are actually supporting out there on the pitch. These are our tribal colours and when we go away, we should unite as one yellow and blue army and that includes the players.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

My thinking is, if you have a light colour home shirt, then you need a dark colour away strip. If the colours dont clash then I see no reason to change. I would much prefer, if possible, to see TUFC play in yellow, yellow/white. The strips should not be classed as "Home or "Away" but a 1st and 2nd kit. 2nd kit only to be used away if there is a clash. To be honest, what you DON'T need is stripped/quartered/halved shirts. That makes is difficult for the away team.

Who remembers the Burton away game last season? We played in our "away" strip of navy blue.Completley clashed with Burtons home kit.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I dont mind the new logo. Looks much better than the "world" on the Sparkworld ones. Big, blue plastic "blob" was never very attractive.

Having said that, would like to thank Sparkworld for their support over the years. :clap: :bow:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

sam wrote:I know I am old school but still think away kits should only be used when the colours clash. As we are distinctive,not a ubiquitous blue or red shirt, it would not be that often. I don't know how much we make on the sale of away shirts but the shirt with our proper colours may sell more if it can represent the Torquay team thats playing in the same design in 45 games out of 46. We should be standing on the terraces at Accrington et al resplendent in our lovely blue and yellow colours, wearing our blue and yellow scarves and bobble hats the same colour of the team we are actually supporting out there on the pitch. These are our tribal colours and when we go away, we should unite as one yellow and blue army and that includes the players.

I agree with that. Last season Exeter wore pale blue against us, whereas their red and white would probably have contrasted more. It used to be that the 'away' kit was simply a 'change' kit but it does almost seem that they are now worn away even where no clash occurs.

The worst I ever saw, was many years ago when Middlesbrough didn't wear their red kit in an away match at Man City and instead wore dark blue.