Contracts

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Jerry wrote: Poke and Downes weren't here in 2011/12 so not sure how you imagine we could have offered them extensions to their non-existent contracts. And Poke isn't out of contract anyway!

Howe was offered an extension but didn't want to sign it, not a lot we could do about that.

If Ling wasn't off sick we may well have offered Saah one before the end of the season as well, it's a bit difficult when you don't have a manager.

Seems like you're criticising the club for a situation that doesn't actually exist.

Yeah, but no need to let the facts get in the way of a good whinge or rant!
TUST number 080
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

It's not bad business at all, it's football. Especially at our level. The fact is our entire squad bar one exception has been signed via the bosman ruling, and you can have it both ways. We have seen many a fine player grace he turf of plainmoor via a free transfer some of those like Bobby and Eunen recently have given the club a tidy profit but that certainly isn't the norm. The majority will move on and be replaced which is what is happening.

Are they good players at this level? yes. Are they the best players in TUFC history to decide their future lies elsewhere? No, not by a long way
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Anyone from the club fancy letting us know what the hell is going on with the players whose contracts are up?

Please
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not from the club, but "a source" (Aaron Downes, who I saw briefly walking his dog earlier this evening) said he's committed to signing and it's a case of waiting for the club (or, I suspect, the club's solicitor) to draft the papers.

Rippa!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Fantastic news Matt!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

told you that a fortnight ago matt,i saw him out while surfing in cornwall.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ROADRUNNER wrote:told you that a fortnight ago matt,i saw him out while surfing in cornwall.
How? Was he on a boat then or having a swim? :) :lol:

BOOM BOOM!! :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

building sandcastles, :)

boom boom! :lol:

ps, then i saw brassy on his wind surfer lo! and he said he was signing this week aswell

boom boom :lol: :na:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:bow:

Hope we can get them both signed up pronto. :-D :scarf:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

it will be done this week andy :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

ROADRUNNER wrote:told you that a fortnight ago matt,i saw him out while surfing in cornwall.
You also told us 6 weeks ago that Brassy was signing "within 48 hours". You'll forgive my scepticism :)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:
You also told us 6 weeks ago that Brassy was signing "within 48 hours". You'll forgive my scepticism :)

Matt.
You told us Jake Robinson was signing for us in January 2012 so you are both about as reliable as each other...

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i said he was coming to sign for us matt which he is and i told you downes was and he is, period! ps, not my fault he hasnt signed the paperwork. :)
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

has he been given the paperwork to sign though?!
The gulls are going up
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

as i said i dont know that gull, but i think all will be revealed this week. its a busy couple of days coming up with players letting the club know of there intentions.