Tickets please

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Tickets please

Post by SLC Crawley »

Err, got any more tickets as we appeared to have sold out our 900 allocation in 2 1/2 hours this morning...

:-|
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I think the club needs to get a general idea of how many tickets we'd sell. What we've done in the past is open up part of the grandstand for away fans. It all depends on whether we'll fill the rest of the ground really.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

5500 capacity. Easily a sell out.

think the club will make the remainder of our capacity all ticket.
TUST #324
CreepyCrawley
New Signing
New Signing

Post by CreepyCrawley »

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/newsdetails.php?ID=1826

Is there any chance that our fans could turn up and buy them on the door?
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

I reckon for that reason they'll make it all ticket.
TUST #324
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I can't seem them making it all ticket now, far too late notice. I think they'd rather just offer more tickets for Crawley. It's also over 6,000 capacity numpte....
Luke.

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

cambgull, sorry to disappoint you but numpte is correct, you should see other threads on here, parts of the pop side and the grandstand have been restricted so the capacity is 5500
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

Who's a numpte now?
TUST #324
CreepyCrawley
New Signing
New Signing

Post by CreepyCrawley »

Just another 500-1000 tickets would be brilliant! They will definitely sell looking at how many have already gone

If they do make it all ticket then Crawley support will be nearly as strong as Torquay support. That would be a bad move to make, great for us though :lol:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SLC Crawley wrote:Err, got any more tickets as we appeared to have sold out our 900 allocation in 2 1/2 hours this morning...

:-|
Amazing for a team which average just 100 more than that for home games last season.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I visited Crawley's old ground just before they moved whilst working away. The crowd that night was barely 250 poor souls.
I was also at Tiverton Town v Crawley Town in the FA CUP about 6 years ago. They bought 350 to Devon that day!

The point I am making is that Crawley fans should remember that the VAST majoriy of them never bothered going before. Being a Crawley fan is a new thing, some may even say they are jumping on the band wagon, and the massive majority of their fans have no idea what supporting a football team is about.

They are still a very small club in a very massive catchment area. The sprawl of Crawley and Horsham is certainly bigger than little Torbay.

They should in theory be getting the same sort of support as Yeovil used to get in non league...they don't because they have no foundations, and if they build their house too high, it could come tumbling down.

I hope that does not happen as those 250 fans wo have supported them in the past will still be there asking where did their footy club go.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

MidDevon wrote:I visited Crawley's old ground just before they moved whilst working away. The crowd that night was barely 250 poor souls.
I was also at Tiverton Town v Crawley Town in the FA CUP about 6 years ago. They bought 350 to Devon that day!

The point I am making is that Crawley fans should remember that the VAST majoriy of them never bothered going before. Being a Crawley fan is a new thing, some may even say they are jumping on the band wagon, and the massive majority of their fans have no idea what supporting a football team is about.

They are still a very small club in a very massive catchment area. The sprawl of Crawley and Horsham is certainly bigger than little Torbay.

They should in theory be getting the same sort of support as Yeovil used to get in non league...they don't because they have no foundations, and if they build their house too high, it could come tumbling down.

I hope that does not happen as those 250 fans wo have supported them in the past will still be there asking where did their footy club go.
Not sure about your abacus there. We haven't had an average home attendance of 250 since before the 1950s when Crawley was little more than a large village. The old ground you refer to always had crowds of around 500-600, rain, sleet or shine, up until our departure in 1997. Maybe you were one of the nerds to take in a Dr Martens Cup game?

I'd be interested to see what the ave attendance is over 15 years at Broadfield and would guess it's about 1,200. And yes, it's a large catchment area, but one that's already full up with Chelsea, Palace, Tottenham and Arsenal fans. Do you really think that Chelsea fans live in Chelsea?

You evidently need to read up on the new town movement to know why a large proportion of the Crawley public support other teams and only come out for the big games. That said, times are changing.

We'll just let the players do the talking on the pitch if it's all the same with you...
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

Crawley average attendance this season: 1,700
Torquay average attendance this season: 2,500

If we're a "very small club", what are you? A 'rather small club', a 'pretty small club'...?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SLC Crawley wrote:Crawley average attendance this season: 1,700

If we're a "very small club", what are you? A 'rather small club', a 'pretty small club'...?
Yes.

But we know what we are and we have no illusions of grandeur.

We also have a sustainable structure which will be in place for years to come.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

SLC Crawley wrote:Crawley average attendance this season: 1,700

We are still a small club, dont worry, we've never really had ideas above our station. We just don't believe we're a big club like many of your compatriots seem to believe about Crawley.
Luke.