Tickets please

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

cambgull wrote: We are still a small club, dont worry, we've never really had ideas above our station. We just don't believe we're a big club like many of your compatriots seem to believe about Crawley.
I think you'll find we're refered to as a 'big club' in the context of non-league football, and rightly so.

I'd love you to point me to the Crawley fan who regards us a big club compared to anyone at League One level or above.

Go on then...
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

SLC Crawley wrote: I think you'll find we're refered to as a 'big club' in the context of non-league football, and rightly so.

I'd love you to point me to the Crawley fan who regards us a big club compared to anyone at League One level or above.

Go on then...
and there is only one reason .. money. :rofl:
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Have you got any intelligent arguments? big club , little club who cares its all relative.

Wont matter a jot at 4.45 next saturday as the losers skulk away. Hopefully you. :)
TUST #324
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

tufcgull wrote: and there is only one reason .. money. :rofl:
That's rubbish as well. There are thousands of non-league clubs. Any club even in the top 100 should be counted as 'big' in comparison to the total number.

Next...

Amen to Numpte's argument. All we've had all season are bitter, sniping, snide, jealous opposition fans keen on picking holes in attendances, the town, the type of beer we serve. People need to get over it, accept without prejudice a financial situation that any club in their right mind would welcome (if they know the truth about where the money comes from and the securities that are in place) and realise that football is all about 90 minutes on the pitch. As, indeed, will be proven next Sat.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I might be from Devon but I can count to 250!

even your own website says you had under 700 for a couple of conference matches just 2/3 years ago

The point I was making is a valied one, the vast majority of your supporters on Saturday week would have watched Crawley for less than 3 years, most less than a year.

Once again I would like to point out that breathing in too much avaiation fuel can tarnish your memory!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Crawley have 1 year where their gate goes above 1000 and they give it the big un.

i went to crawley in the Conference, about 400 Gulls there in a crowd of 800 odd. Then in the home game, There were more people in the Crawley town dug out than there were in the away end.

Absolute joke club living well beyond their means and will be bust within 3-4 years once their owners realise they can't get further than League 2.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

MidDevon wrote:I might be from Devon but I can count to 250!

even your own website says you had under 700 for a couple of conference matches just 2/3 years ago

The point I was making is a valied one, the vast majority of your supporters on Saturday week would have watched Crawley for less than 3 years, most less than a year.

Once again I would like to point out that breathing in too much avaiation fuel can tarnish your memory!
How do you explain then the fact that our average attendance in 04/05 season was 2,017? Did we tell all of those fans to clear off and recruit new ones?

Idiot.

And you accuse us of arrogance? Be delighted to alleviate you of all that smugness in eight days' time.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

royalgull wrote:Crawley have 1 year where their gate goes above 1000 and they give it the big un.

i went to crawley in the Conference, about 400 Gulls there in a crowd of 800 odd. Then in the home game, There were more people in the Crawley town dug out than there were in the away end.

Absolute joke club living well beyond their means and will be bust within 3-4 years once their owners realise they can't get further than League 2.
Another idiot - a royal idiot.

The last year our ave attendance was below 1,000 I doubt you were even born... if your mental age is anything to go by.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

SLC Crawley wrote: How do you explain then the fact that our average attendance in 04/05 season was 2,017? Did we tell all of those fans to clear off and recruit new ones?

Idiot.

And you accuse us of arrogance? Be delighted to alleviate you of all that smugness in eight days' time.

I am sure we saw you on the telly last night on "Come fly with me"
I won't say which one you are, it would blow your cover
....too much aviation fuel!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

See, there you go again, your being hooked every time, i'd give up.

I think the reason why we don't like Crawley is simply your manager is an ...............
TUST #324
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

There is that numpte, I just don't like the fact Crawley are a complete nothing club that have come into some money and now act billy big time. Their average gate last season 1004. Nice. This year another 1500 or so people have turned up, funny that since they've come into some money.

900 tickets sold for Torquay, thanks for the money chaps appreciated. Again peculiar when on last season's evidence you didn't get that through the home turnstiles. Got to take away crowds into consideration there. And whilst altrincham may have brought 30, Luton, Oxford, Cambridge etc would have swelled those numbers.

I genuinely wish you absolutely no luck whatsoever, and when you are bust in 4 years, nobody in the footballing circle will give a toss, none more so than the folk of Crawley who'll all be travelling down the motorway to help fill Falmer for Brighton.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

royalgull wrote:There is that numpte, I just don't like the fact Crawley are a complete nothing club that have come into some money and now act billy big time. Their average gate last season 1004. Nice. This year another 1500 or so people have turned up, funny that since they've come into some money.

900 tickets sold for Torquay, thanks for the money chaps appreciated. Again peculiar when on last season's evidence you didn't get that through the home turnstiles. Got to take away crowds into consideration there. And whilst altrincham may have brought 30, Luton, Oxford, Cambridge etc would have swelled those numbers.

I genuinely wish you absolutely no luck whatsoever, and when you are bust in 4 years, nobody in the footballing circle will give a toss, none more so than the folk of Crawley who'll all be travelling down the motorway to help fill Falmer for Brighton.
That's more like it. Someone's grown some bollocks instead of quoting (incorrect) stats.

Bravo.

See you Sat.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Crawley v Salisbury attendance 603.

Big club.
jackospinking
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by jackospinking »

anyway back on track!! do you gulls see you selling out or would you think that the club would give us another 3/400 tickets?? i have to say i was amazed this morning at Crawley at 720 am the hardy sould queing for tickets, its a massive game for both sides just hope sense prevails and we do get some more tickets! see you next week!! COYR
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

I reckon the club MAY give you 500 more tickets. They would be on the popular side with segregation between

But it is possible that they will wait until after the Gillingham match to see how many they sell to season ticket holders and voucher holders and then make a decision.

Incidentally someone in the dircetors box at the Crewe match said the club was told by Crawley that they would take around 600 to Torquay, so that is great news for the clubs financies.

There is an obvious advantage to Torquay to not sell any more tickets to Crawley fans as we would then outnumber you 4 to 1. That may well be considered.