Steve Tully

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I think there have been some harsh remarks made about Joe Oastler. Yes - he had a poor season last season (along with several other players) but there was little wrong with his play the season before. I feel he has potential and think a change of club could be good for him - good Luck, Joe. It will be interesting to see if it is a league club ...... As for Steve Tully - well, he played in Exeter's promotion team so it's not all negative. And his dad used to add a turkey to the 50/50 Draw at Christmas so that's a positive .......
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I don't expect to see Joe, or any of the others we released, to be playing league football next season.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Has now officially been released by Exeter after turning down a new contract offer which was for substantially less money.

He would clearly jump at the chance of a deal with us, but now that we have signed Tonge, like others have said I would personally prefer to sign someone who is more adaptable, like a centre half who can cover right back or a midfielder who can play there. I know someone mentioned Jamie Lowry (released by Argyle) might be trialling with us and he is someone who can play right side of midfield and right back - although it appears he is also of interest to Exeter and now that Tully has moved on you would imagine he would fit the bill nicely for them as his replacement.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:Has now officially been released by Exeter after turning down a new contract offer which was for substantially less money.

He would clearly jump at the chance of a deal with us, but now that we have signed Tonge, like others have said I would personally prefer to sign someone who is more adaptable, like a centre half who can cover right back or a midfielder who can play there.
Wow - some real financial problems at Exeter if they cannot even afford to keep Tully!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23150452

Tully has played in midfield and (on occasions) up front for Exeter, so may be the versatility as cover for right-back and right-midfield (say behind Tonge and hopefully Chappell) would be the adaptability needed to make a signing like this worth while?

I know we have Thompson as back-up for right wing but he would give more options than just a right full back squad player.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

why would we want to sign someone we released 11 years ago because he wasnt good enough.

i didnt mind him too much at the time, he was a grafter, but very much a boot the ball, head down, leg it after it type. i didnt see anything different in him when i saw him playing against us for excretia.

he is now 33 and past his best, our local rivals obviously felt he isnt as good as he was by offering him much less money.

why would we want him now?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Out of work,lives in the area and wouldn't cost too much.worth a go purely as cover
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

northyorkshiregull wrote:Out of work,lives in the area and wouldn't cost too much.worth a go purely as cover
Certainly no harm in inviting him along to train and maybe play in the PSFs if we have no one else in by then. As I said before, could be another Chris McPhee type useful body but I have a feeling he will be wanting too much money for that role.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

will be ok as back up to tonge, never a favourite of mine but ideal on a 12 month deal
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:will be ok as back up to tonge, never a favourite of mine but ideal on a 12 month deal
what do you know?!
The gulls are going up
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

He's not very good at all. Lets get a centre back who can cover right back.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

he has been stiffing around the club for a couple of weeks, the story goes that he was having to take a hefty pay cut at city, personally i think he will be another leadbitter if he signs, as tonge will be no1 choice. thats all i know.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

an expensive leadbitter I imagine! I'd rather leadbitter than him to be honest!
The gulls are going up
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

..... given that he also doubles up as Manager of ECFC Ladies team, perhaps the club is lining him up for a "dual" role as we now have a TUFC Ladies team! :)
Last edited by CP Gull on 02 Jul 2013, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

its only rumours at the moment gull, like someone else said ak may go for a centre half who can play at RB, Im more intrested now in who the others are going to be, striker, winger, centre half, and a french midfielder maybe ?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by gullno4 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:its only rumours at the moment gull, like someone else said ak may go for a centre half who can play at RB, Im more intrested now in who the others are going to be, striker, winger, centre half, and a french midfielder maybe ?
I'm more interested in the French striker we were rumoured to be after!
The gulls are going up