Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Departures

Post by Bloggy »

Can anyone reliably add to where our summer departures have gone (or are on trial)?

I know Jarvis (York) and Morris (Northampton) are done deals and that Halpin (Truro) and Easton (Exeter) are rumoured to be having trials.
We've been guessing that Howe has been linked to at least half a dozen clubs but what of the others? Oastler, Leadbitter, Macklin, Stevens, Baker or Saah?

Anyone know?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Leadbitter is currently at Hereford, no idea about the others. Would be surprised to see many stay in the league.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
higgipr
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by higgipr »

Stevens is def on trial at Orient, has been there nearly a week now
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Both of the above are spot on leadbitter has been offered a contract at Hereford and has been told he will be first choice right back. And it isn't a rumour Easton is definitely at the mob up the road.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

It seems Brian Saah may be struggling, rumours of Cheltenham diminished as they signed Troy Brown.

Offer him reduced terms? Or do we move on and sign better?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

higgipr wrote:Stevens is def on trial at Orient, has been there nearly a week now
Seems legit...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Stevens at Orient!? What use will they possibly find for him? Chimney sweep at the Chairman's gaff? As I've said previously, I'll be very surprised if any of those we released are playing league football next season.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

exiledgull wrote:It seems Brian Saah may be struggling, rumours of Cheltenham diminished as they signed Troy Brown.

IMO he had the opportunity to stay as a regular first team mainstay with us but then decided he didn't want to play for us anymore. His choice and I've no problem with Brian doing that but he gets no second chances. If it goes t*ts up for him then thems the breaks i'm afraid. Why would we re-sign someone who has told us he doesn't want to play for us anymore?

We move on exilegull most definitely, whether we will get someone better in is open to debate but i'd rather take that chance than TUFC being someone's second choice.

Also Stevens at Orient, good luck to the lad but it's a massive shock to me. :O
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

exiledgull wrote:It seems Brian Saah may be struggling, rumours of Cheltenham diminished as they signed Troy Brown.

To be fair if he would come back I'd still give him a contract you know what your getting and in my opinion he's a decent pro and is pretty decent for league 2
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

higgipr wrote:Stevens is def on trial at Orient, has been there nearly a week now
I think that's very believable. Clearly Leyton Orient Manager Russell Slade hasn't forgotten how lil' Danny destroyed his Yeovil team in the televised FA Cup game from a few years back. Surely one of Danny's finest ever moments in a Torquay shirt.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=icoBDaCS ... coBDaCS_qo
Last edited by CP Gull on 02 Jul 2013, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Fair points supergulls and if we re-signed him then i'd be happy with it and Knill just wants to get a decent team together and like you say, with Bri he knows what he's getting. I personally, being stubborn would probably do myself no favours if I was manager by rebuffing any overtures from Saah to return but that is the way I feel about the situation. I'm not saying other people are wrong to want to give Saah another chance just that I wouldn't feel comfortable with it firstly knowing he wanted to leave in the first place and then trying to save his skin if you like by asking to come back if he couldn't get fixed up elsewhere.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Saah wouldn't get re-signed by me if I was manager. His head is clearly elsewhere, so there is a danger that you won't get the same player who we have seen for the past two years.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
IMO he had the opportunity to stay as a regular first team mainstay with us but then decided he didn't want to play for us anymore. His choice and I've no problem with Brian doing that but he gets no second chances. If it goes t*ts up for him then thems the breaks i'm afraid. Why would we re-sign someone who has told us he doesn't want to play for us anymore?

We move on exilegull most definitely, whether we will get someone better in is open to debate but i'd rather take that chance than TUFC being someone's second choice.
Also Stevens at Orient, good luck to the lad but it's a massive shock to me. :O
I fear you'd be disappointed if you thought TUFC is anyone's first choice Andy!

Saah is currently looking for a move that better suits his personal circumstances, he's very entitled to do that. But if he can't find that opportunity, I'd be very happy to welcome him back. He gave his all for us previously, and would do again.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Apparently he's looked quite good in training he is very similar to dean cox who they have already but from what I'm hearing he is doing ok.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

CP Gull wrote: I think that's very believable. Clearly Leyton Orient Manager Russell Slade hasn't forgotten how lil' Danny destroyed his Yeovil team in the televised FA Cup game from a few years back. Surely one of Danny's finest ever moments in a Torquay shirt.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=icoBDaCS ... coBDaCS_qo
Memorable, for being so rare.