Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Really? They were going to put a a 23 year old on YTS wages? I think someone's pulling your leg mate!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I wish i was, its definitely true, dont see any reason why he should lie. He's currently working in the security industry . Will be seeing him again tomorrow so will have another chat.
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

PhilGull wrote:Really? They were going to put a a 23 year old on YTS wages? I think someone's pulling your leg mate!
Would that not be illegal? :rules:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

To be honest, I'd rather we kept the 200 quid to be able to offer a bit more to get in a quality player.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

royalgull wrote:LOL all round. Farkin(s) hell we can't even get a bloke from Bideford.
Quoted for posterity. It'll look hilarious 24-72 hours from now...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/ ... ey-5270088

From this article and what has been said on local radio up here today, seems the Coventry boss is not too confident on the capture of Manset. The club at the moment wont come out of admin for another 5 weeks at the earliest leaving them unable to sign or give any assurances to new players/trialists.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Someone is pulling your wire. I have seen Farkins play and believe me he is Farkin useless. He actually played against Argyles YOUTH team last night at Bideford. There is absolutely no way he would get near Torquays first team. You are talking nonsense.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Ok Brucie, so you were here with me talking to the lad were you? I was merely informing the forum what he told me. I have no idea what kind of player he is or could be and neither have you.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

This is probably wires crossed. Friendly at Weston-super-Mare was cancelled and thus Farkin's trial.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Just spoke to Rob again. What i have previously posted is entirely correct. Mark Yates was interested in him at Cheltenham and had him on trial until he got injured. He also had a brief spell with Aldershot.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I think you'll probably find that either Brassy was telling porkies to spare the kid's feelings or that we really can't afford him, but only because of the quality (and consequent cost) of the preferred candidate.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Indeed, Matt!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

That could be the case Matt, just a shame, local lad probably deserves a trial
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Believe me having seen Farkins play for Bideford last season there are better players in the north devon league. He is seriously that bad - honestly. Sounds like this bloke is dellusional - the notion that Cheltenham would be sniffing around him beggars belief.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I asked my source at TUFC and he said is complete nonsense, and that he wasn't ever mentioned as a likely candidate for a trial.