Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

CP Gull wrote:Krystian Pearce?
Yes please!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Yes please!!
Good player but wouldn't call that a coup, would you?
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

usagullmichigan wrote: Good player but wouldn't call that a coup, would you?
What!!?? He was Notts County best player 2 seasons previous and had a 500k transfer on his head for anyone who wanted to sign him. County fans want him to stay!, and say that he has undoubted potential.

I would be over the moon with this signing, and would be a real coup for us,however I cannot see this one happening at all! He went on loan to Barnet and there fans were all saying he was the best centre half in the division.

I think we have more chance of Trotman.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Good player but wouldn't call that a coup, would you?[/quote]

What!!?? He was Notts County best player 2 seasons previous and had a 500k transfer on his head for anyone who wanted to sign him. County fans want him to stay!, and say that he has undoubted potential.

I would be over the moon with this signing, and would be a real coup for us,however I cannot see this one happening at all! He went on loan to Barnet and there fans were all saying he was the best centre half in the division.

I think we have more chance of Trotman.[/quote]

On loan to Barnet doesn't shout out coup to me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Looking at his past, Martin Allen really rated him. He and Alan Judge were the next big things at Meadow Lane, but then Allen left and Curle came in, and froze him out. As mentioned he made 20 odd appearances for Barnet and the general consensus was that he was too good for L2.
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Krystian Pearce would be ok but I'm expecting a far more exciting signing based on the hype tee boo and matt have put on this subject.

I am assured Trotman is not happening......and hasn't been for a while now. He was an option but said no early on.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Not sure how 'exciting' people expect the signing to be? As I suggested earlier, if we were to sign a 39 year old with his best days far behind him, I'd be less than enthused. But anyone from the division above, who is highly thought of and has their best years ahead of them is about as much as we could ask for - and probably more than we're entitled to expect!

Chances are we'll actually get someone far less impressive even than this. But if he's of a good size, good age and decent ability, I don't care who he is or where he comes. Just so long as someone arrives in the next week or so!
Last edited by Fonda on 25 Jul 2013, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Would be an excellent addition in my opinion, if it is Pearce (random guess on my part).

As others have stated he was considered one of the best prospects in the lower leagues a couple of years back and represented England at junior levels. He has had a few injuries which have stalled his career and a change of Manager who didn't seem to rate him quite so highly, but whichever way you look at it at 23 he still has bags of potential and could still play at a much higher level if we can get him fit, free from injury and confident .... playing for a Manager who rates him.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

very good post fonda what exactly would be a exciting signing for torquay anyway your all wrong cos here goes torquay are signing ME the need a 6.2 brute and thats what i am with size 12 bloody feet ime mite of lost some pace but i kick people with the best of em so there you all go wink wink
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Teeboo - create some more interest, to liven the afternoon up, with a couple of clues about the striker please.
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

This is getting quite tedious now... there are hundreds of us sat here waiting for news of this 'coup'.... just put us out of our collective misery and tell us who it is.... please!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Lighten up yeah? :)

What will be will be.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Can you sign an exciting centre half? is it even possible?

someone who can head it and kick it and in emergencies pass it will be suffice.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:Can you sign an exciting centre half? is it even possible?

someone who can head it and kick it and in emergencies pass it will be suffice.
David Luiz??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

People wouldn't class Pearce as a coup? What is a coup for us Rooney?