Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
higgipr
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by higgipr »

And as I said earlier in the week, Stevens left Aldershot on Sunday having failed to be offered a contract.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Ah right, missed that.

It seems Oastler must be doing ok though as he played a second game for them on Tuesday ... didn't score this time though!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Danny Leadbitter appears to be the first of the guys we released to get fixed up with another club - signed a deal with Hereford. Best of luck to him.

On a slightly more surprising note, I also see that young trainee centre half James Washburn has got himself a 6 month deal with Dunfermline Athletic, which surely represents a great opportunity for him after not being offered a pro deal by us!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

CP Gull wrote:Danny Leadbitter appears to be the first of the guys we released to get fixed up with another club - signed a deal with Hereford. Best of luck to him.

On a slightly more surprising note, I also see that young trainee centre half James Washburn has got himself a 6 month deal with Dunfermline Athletic, which surely represents a great opportunity for him after not being offered a pro deal by us!
Yes, although not quite the club they were, after some serious financial problems. They are now in the 3rd tier of Scottish football but at least he may get the chance to play at Ibrox but effectively, that league is probably Conference South or lower standard.
Rivo_7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rivo_7 »

I think this was touched on somewhere else but I remember someone saying that the transfer of Prynn to Villa had not gone through for whatever reason. Interestingly he is still listed as a signing on sky sports news.

Anybody have any confirmation on whether he is staying or going?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Liam prynne is back with us 100% it was spoken about at the managers forum. The money was going to be used for seal hayne so it's a bit of a setback.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

For any of you who might be interested Tim Sills has moved from Basingstoke Town to Calor Southern League Premier side Bashley.
Jake Robinson released by Northampton has moved to Skrill Conference South side Whitehawk, I think to be renamed Brighton Town next season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Bashley eh, where do they rank in terms of us and Basingstoke?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Bashley eh, where do they rank in terms of us and Basingstoke?

Matt.
If Bashley are Southern Premier, then that would be a level below Basingstoke and three levels below us.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Cheers Hector.

Matt.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Joe Oastler has signed for Aldershot following his trial.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Any news on Stevens et al?

Matt.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Any news on Stevens et al?

Matt.
yeah, he a trial for the Smurfs 2 movie but his blue paint started to come off.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Not only has Oastler signed for Aldershot, he SCORED today !!! Good on yer, Joe !!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

tomogull wrote:Not only has Oastler signed for Aldershot, he SCORED today !!! Good on yer, Joe !!
yep, fair play to the lad.i was critical of him when he played for us, but i did say i wished him all the best for the future and hope he proved me wrong and did well. good on ya joe, well done, keep it up and play your way back to league football. :)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).