PSF Thread - Hereford v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

PSF Thread - Hereford v Torquay

Post by Gullscorer »

Hereford United v Torquay United: Saturday 27 July 2013, at Edgar Street, k.o. 1pm - pre-season friendly.

This is the last p.s.f. before the first game of the new 2013-14 season against Wimbledon at Plainmoor on Saturday 3 August, and there is the likelihood of a couple of new faces appearing for the Gulls in this game: former Birmingham City and Notts County centre-half Krystian Pearce, 23 years old, and trialist Jack Deaman, 20, who has been training with United for the last few days.

Manager Alan Knill is also intending to bring in other new players before the Wimbledon game, so the coming week should be an interesting one: http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Torqu ... story.html

Hereford were relegated from League Two at the end of the 2011-12 season. Their manager at the time was Jamie Pitman. Their current manager is Martin Foyle, and naturally they are ambitious to return to the Football League as soon as possible, so today's game should be another good test for both teams. Of interest to Gulls fans will be the fact that Bristol Rovers beat Hereford 1 - 0 in a p.s.f. at Edgar Street on 16 July.

Here is a preview of the game on Hereford's official website: http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/news/ar ... 47495.aspx

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't think we'll see Pearce, but The Demon Headmaster is a sure starter.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Question for Goodluckgull:

Do you have any updates on training sessions? Your post on the Yeovil psf match thread was interesting (even if Brucie didn't think so), and I remember you said you attend them only occasionally, but if you have an update when you next attend a session, it would be interesting to know. :-D
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I can't imagine too many will be wanting to make the trip to the delightful Edgar Street, especially so close to the start of the season. However, I've n looking forward to this and am dragging the kids along for what will be my son's first football match. He'll be a pain in the arse I'm sure.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I just don't want any injuries.

Just turn up play some football, pull out of all bad tackles and get through it , ready for Wimbeldon. To which I will be flying over for.

Pearce is expected to play in the match so that would be interesting.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Is Pearce signing or isn't he?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Feel sorry for Hereford playing in what is now known as the 'Skrill Premiership'. What a dreadful name for a division - more reason than ever to avoid relegation.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

hector wrote:Feel sorry for Hereford playing in what is now known as the 'Skrill Premiership'. What a dreadful name for a division - more reason than ever to avoid relegation.
As if we're going to have to worry about trying to avoid relegation. Shame on you.. :slap:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Starting line up

Rice

Tonge deamon Downes nicho

Thompson Harding mansell Chappell

Bodin

Benyon

Subs
Cruise
Mackenzie
Hutchings
Craig
Lathrope
Sullivan
Yeoman
C. Thompson
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thanks "Gullscorer". I might go to Seale Hayne on Monday, but Knilly has stated that the team are training at Plainmoor whilst the ground is too hard at Seale Hayne. It depends on how much rain we get over the weekend. It would be good to catch sight of the "mystery striker". Hopefully fans at todays game maybe able to report on some new faces.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

So there's no sign of Krystian Pearce at Hereford today?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I haven't seen him whether he makes an appearance and gets added to the team sheet I'm unaware but I was told this was the starting lineup
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thanks for the info. supergulls. Please can you keep your eyes peeled for Pearce !
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

goodluckgull wrote:Thanks for the info. supergulls. Please can you keep your eyes peeled for Pearce !
If he has piercing eyes, he will.. =D