Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Jeff wrote:Cooper is a central midfielder who can at centre half, Deaman is a Centre half/right back (not sure if he is more accomplished at one more than the other). At the moment we don't have any cover for Tonge unless Hutchings can play there, so if Deaman can play Right back then maybe that is why he is in with a shot?
Hutchings has played in all the pre season games at right back. I don't see the point in paying another wage just to sit on the bench. Hutchings can already do that and in the instance that we get an injury to tonge or a long suspension pull someone in on loan and Hutchings sits on the bench again. Otherwise we get into the scenario of paying wages for nothing. I would rather the extra money it frees up gets spent on a decent forward. I have been to every pre season game and I think young Hutchings has done enough to warrant a place on the bench. Is deaman going to be any better, he's yet to make his debut either.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

supergulls wrote: Hutchings has played in all the pre season games at right back. I don't see the point in paying another wage just to sit on the bench. Hutchings can already do that and in the instance that we get an injury to tonge or a long suspension pull someone in on loan and Hutchings sits on the bench again. Otherwise we get into the scenario of paying wages for nothing. I would rather the extra money it frees up gets spent on a decent forward. I have been to every pre season game and I think young Hutchings has done enough to warrant a place on the bench. Is deaman going to be any better, he's yet to make his debut either.
That's cool - I've not seen any of pre season so wasn't aware of that. If Hutchings can play right back then for me there is no room for Deaman
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not sure Hutch is ready for first team football. I'm better at strikers than defenders, but, as adequate as he is, I'm not sure he's quite good enough for a sustained period. I know nothing of Deamon, but if he's a professional player already, I think he'd be worth a year.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Matt deaman hasn't played a league game either I don't see the difference if the lad was coming in with 20 games under his belt I would agree and say your right, but he's just as untried as young hutch and me being loyal would rather see one of our own given the opportunity to progress. Obviously he's a talented lad otherwise he wouldn't have got a pro deal so early.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I think this all comes down to money, and how much Deaman will want.

If we presume Deaman is better/more ready for league football than Hutchings, I would still only want to sign Deaman if he was asking for low wages as we have potentially good young players in the squad. As Supergulls says, any ling term injury can e covered by loan if knill doesn't think they are up to it.

Also we have to consider that Mansell could fill in at RB for a game or two if really necessary.

I suppose knill could see massive potential in Deaman and may believe that if we get him we would more than likely sell him for money in 3 years. I will trust his judgment, as I believe for whatever faults he has, he seems to be able to spot a decent player when one is put in front of him.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Someone help me here, been away for a week, who is Matt Deaman and who is Jack Deamon catching up through the site thought the player on trial is Jack Deaman gawd I am confused.

Oh b,t,w according to the write up on Pearce I read earlier it says he can also play at Right Back.
Formerly known as forevertufc
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

forevertufc wrote:Someone help me here, been away for a week, who is Matt Deaman and who is Jack Deamon catching up through the site thought the player on trial is Jack Deaman gawd I am confused.

Oh b,t,w according to the write up on Pearce I read earlier it says he can also play at Right Back.
Jack deaman is a young player that we have on trial at the moment who was released by Birmingham city. He played 45 mins today and has been training with us for the last few days. He can either play at center back or right back. But he is yet to make his league debut. I hope this helps you out lol
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

forevertufc wrote:Someone help me here, been away for a week, who is Matt Deaman and who is Jack Deamon catching up through the site thought the player on trial is Jack Deaman gawd I am confused.

Wasn't he Jason Bourne? =D
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

All the talk recently has understandably been about the new signings, but from the match reports thus far it seems Martin Rice has been the man of pre season. Nice to see him stepping up, keep it up Martin!
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

All the talk recently has understandably been about the new signings, but from the match reports thus far it seems Martin Rice has been the man of pre season. Nice to see him stepping up, keep it up Martin! :clap:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Warwick wrote:All the talk recently has understandably been about the new signings, but from the match reports thus far it seems Martin Rice has been the man of pre season. Nice to see him stepping up, keep it up Martin!
he hasn't conceded!
The gulls are going up
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Hear hear,never like to see or heat a Torquay player critiszised.He's our no 2 and good luck to him in the coming season.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I am delighted to hear Ricey has a very good pre-season, the lad only needed a run of games, it's much harder for a keeper to come out of the cold than any other position.

However one thing I will say, if it is the honest opinion of a supporter or supporters that a Tufc player is unperforming, whether they be right or wrong, they have the right to post their criticsm.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Ok, so it appears that we are struggling to bring in a striker on our budget. So would be interested to see what other members would do with our current squad.
My first thoughts are to use Bodin in a more central position? We could start with Yeoman up there with Benners. We could play 5 in midfield???
With the wide men we have i cant help but think we really need to get players into the box.

So, what does AK do if we cant add to the squad??
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

For one week we could go with 4231, a formation we were told Knill likes when he came.

Mansell - Harding

Cameron - Bodin - Chappell

Benyon

It has width, a solid base in the middle, and gets three players close to Benyon to stop him getting isolated as happened with Howe last season. We couldn't hoof it up to him, but can play it into the channels for him to fight for. The sooner another striker arrives the better, though.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats