New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

^^^^^ FFS stop moaning..................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

CharlieWTS
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CharlieWTS »

Glad to hear the fans have got the new shirt and are giving great feedback

All of us at Western Training Services (WTS) are looking forward to seeing our company logo on 1000's of Torquay kits over the next coming years.

Myself and one other from WTS will be going down to the Gulls open day tomorrow, We are looking forward to meeting some of the fans

Would love to see some pictures on here if anyone has any ?
Charlie
WTS |Group Operations Manager

Tel 0845 241 6288 Fax 0845 299 2223
Head Office: Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Hoping to pick one up tomorrow. Also hoping they have a couple of older ones around that I can get, since I've not had any shirt since the blue away in about 2006
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Also, i'm a bit odd !

You don't say.............. :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

whereas you Dave are not a bit odd but a bit old. :na: :rofl: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seen it in the flesh today. Awful.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I know, someone best go and tell Dave then to invest in some anti-ageing cream. :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Back on the shirt though, it is really thin and I know shirts cost £40 - £50 nowadays, it is really poor value, it feels cheap and thin. On the design, I like it, the sponsors name on the front is 'WTS' when if you actually look at it it is way off from being central and it looks a bit obvious. I think this is to accommodate the orange swirly thing to fit below the SONDICO badge but when you have big blocks of lettering / text on the front of the shirt they have to be central surely otherwise they look stupid.

I hate the way the sponsor is not printed / embroidered on , it's just part of the fabric and looks really cheap. Same as the Sondico badges.

I love the design but the badges and sponsor issues are poor.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

I bought one today
I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Sponsor thing looks fine to me - better this than have the letters come off in the wash (again)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I'm one of the people who like the new shirt, however having just looked at the photo site I see we have WHITE shorts! Who thought of that?! This yellow and white stripes needs navy shorts to look good, otherwise the yellow starts to get lost.

Whoever is responsible for the white shorts: shame on you.
james707
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by james707 »

This was mentioned at the fans forum today about the white shorts. Dean Edwards said it was the players who decided to pick white. Got to say think blue ones would look pretty smart!
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

White shorts a woeful idea.

http://torquayunited.newsprints.co.uk/v ... auk003_jpg

Now looks like an away kit - insipid, designed without much thought.

Blue shorts were a must.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

'The players' didn't want a collar. 'The players' wanted white shorts. 'The players' want their collective eyes testing.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

just seen the pictures-

no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

what the hell are they thinking, unbef**kinlievable. the b@stard shirt with all that white is bad enough, now the shorts and socks as well.

cant they get anything right.

the least obvious and likely, the worst possible combo and they bloody pick it.

the players picked it! the bloody players picked it! half the tw@ts arent even here anymore.

it looks sh!t! end of!

there goes our identity almost completely then. what are they gonna do now spray paint 3 quarters of the seating areas and the rest of the yellow or blue bits of the ground bloody white.

what the hell was wrong with yellow and blue?

just goes to show nobody gives a toss what the fans think they changed the winning design so much and even though there was disagreement on the shirt many felt the shorts and socks should have been blue and yellow.

words cannot describe it! :red: :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I am surprised to see the kit with white shorts and whilst I am not wholly against that idea (blue or yellow would have perhaps have been better), the white socks in addition to shorts and the white on the short, really mean we are more white than yellow next season.

However, last seasons team photo had us with blue socks and I think we only ever wore them once, so who knows what goes on in the mind of the bloke putting out kit.

The one thing that annoys me about the new shirt is the thick white band that goes along the shoulders. We had the same in 1991 and exactly the same in 2000. Perhaps someone should suggest that you can have a yellow and white striped shirt without actually having to have the exact same design (albeit a different neck).

With the white shorts and socks and essentially a majority white shirt with a bit of yellow on, it is the most white we have been since 1988/89 and the coastline kit with the yellow 'bib'