New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Mine are on the yellow stripe like most of the team players in the photo. Having got the shirt, I really do like it and the white shorts and socks with it has grown on me as well. A certain sleekness to it.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Something to do with it being a kids shirt, perhaps? Obviously a lot smaller and therefore, I presume, there are potentially less stripes on the front?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

At 1:02 on this Dale Tonge interview:

Blue shorts.

Fingers crossed!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Richinns wrote:At 1:02 on this Dale Tonge interview:

Blue shorts.

Fingers crossed!
warming towards tonge, comes across very well in that interview, great attitude!
The gulls are going up
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

gullno4 wrote: warming towards tonge, comes across very well in that interview, great attitude!
Ditto. Perhaps our most underrated signing? I guess time will tell!

I first started watching the gulls in the 98/99 season, and my first shirt was a lovely white and yellow kit with 'Westward Developments' on it. It's been my favourite kit ever for so long because of it being my 'first' and the childhood connection. I think I speak for a lot of people my age and indeed older when I say that the return to a vaguely iconic kit from the past is a welcome one, although what is deemed iconic is of course different for everyone. As for the shorts, I'm unsure. I think I'd have to see a match with either before I commit to preferring one or the other.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

yellowforever = I first started watching the gulls in the 98/99 season, and my first shirt was a lovely white and yellow kit with 'Westward Developments' on it. It's been my favourite kit ever for so long because of it being my 'first' and the childhood connection. I think I speak for a lot of people my age and indeed older when I say that the return to a vaguely iconic kit from the past is a welcome one, although what is deemed iconic is of course different for everyone. As for the shorts, I'm unsure. I think I'd have to see a match with either before I commit to preferring one or the other.
is it this one below, if so i have this one also (thats not mine). and before anyone says, oh but you dont like yellow and white. no, i dont think yellow with white bits/trim or half and half works, but the white away kits with a bit of yellow trim etc were fine (little bit leeds, but there ya go).

do what you want and experiment with away kits all you like, that doesnt really matter too much.

what i have a problem with (a big one) is yellow and blue is our first colours, it is our identity, it should not be tampered with as much as it has. the new home shirt is actually ok and looks quite smart in the pictures i have seen, it has grown on me a bit. its probably the best of the 3 incarnations of it, definitely better than the second one.

however i do not acknowledge it because it is not a torquay united home shirt. it is not our colours.

as for the bloody socks and shorts, somebody wants their arse kicking for okaying that. it wouldnt be so bad if the shorts were blue. like i said mess with away kits all you like but that is not a torquay united home/first colours kit.

i got this picture from http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/tea ... s-t90.html quite a few old torquay shirts here. we've had some well dodgy ones, i've got a few of them.
Attachments
football_shirt_6479_1_600x560x0.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

I.m wondering if the blue shorts that appeared in the video were just training shorts as they appeared to be the same that the players were wearing, just seconds before, in the video. I'm rather hoping they stay with white now.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Certain posters clearly offended by us 'deserting' our 'historic' yellow and blue colours. I wonder if they'd have been equalling offended when we ditched black and white in favour of yellow and blue, just because the tourist board thought it matched the sand and sky of the Riviera?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Fonda wrote:Certain posters clearly offended by us 'deserting' our 'historic' yellow and blue colours. I wonder if they'd have been equalling offended when we ditched black and white in favour of yellow and blue, just because the tourist board thought it matched the sand and sky of the Riviera?
Jane wins the internets today. No need to post anything else.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

happytorq wrote:
Jane wins the internets today. No need to post anything else.
Is there a prize? :~D
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Fonda wrote:Certain posters clearly offended by us 'deserting' our 'historic' yellow and blue colours. I wonder if they'd have been equalling offended when we ditched black and white in favour of yellow and blue, just because the tourist board thought it matched the sand and sky of the Riviera?
Indeed. Also, they may have been upset during the 70s and early 80s when we wore white.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

hector wrote:I.m wondering if the blue shorts that appeared in the video were just training shorts as they appeared to be the same that the players were wearing, just seconds before, in the video. I'm rather hoping they stay with white now.
New kit has now been added to the Historical Football Kits site, they obviously expect white shorts and socks.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Torquay ... United.htm
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

As long as green or red never appears I am happy !!
Gourock Gulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ?????

Post by Gourock Gulls »

Agree with many on here saying it should be navy shorts & socks... but only after viewing HFK is it obvious to me that this would be a clash with the change kit.

There could (and maybe even should) be a bit of mix & match between H & A kits this season.
Gourock Gulls
est. 2010
C'mon the Gulls! C'mon the Ton

TUFC/GMFC/BFC/WUFC/BTAFC

Avatar by kind permission of Historical Football Shirts.com
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

hector wrote: Indeed. Also, they may have been upset during the 70s and early 80s when we wore white.
It has nothing to do with being yellow/blue or yellow/white, it`s not the combo that I don`t like, it`s the fact that it looks sh1te and washed out! I couldn`t give a monkeys about the collar or where the badges are located it looks bl00dy aweful!