2 more tomorrow??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Was his mate Tommy Cannon there?
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: ... just having a happy day ...
:O
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:clap:

:lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

If they both come off I think they will be very positive signings.

The fact that Derby seem to have trusted Ball in the Championship is promising and he fits the mould of a striker who will be strong, powerful and good in the air. For a 20 year old lad he has actually made a fair few appearances.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Clough- ... story.html

This article seems to indicate that perhaps things didn't go to plan at Coventry last season but a year older and playing in league two with good service from the wings, who knows...

As for Hawley, hopefully he can score more goals at this level. I remember him scoring a hattrick against us in the year they went up (although fortunately he didn't mange to score when we beat them in our great escape at the end of the same season)
He certainly knows where the net is and should be a more confident player following last season.

Benyon, Yeoman, Ball, Hawley, Bodin, Chappell, Cameron and Thompson certainly looks like a team which may be exciting going forward!
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Fast-forward to 3:49 to see Callum Ball score against Arsenal. I like his movement to get into the box, and the intent in attacking the cross. It's all well and good doing it at the Emirates, but can he do it on cold winter nights in Accrington and Dagenham?! ;-)

OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Big positive for me is the exciting and good options that will come from the bench. Too often last season we had a decent 11 but looked at the bench and wondered where the positive change would come from.

I'm going from what I would think would be my starting eleven but the likes of Cameron, Craig, Thompson, Yeoman, they all give exciting pacey creative options, should we need to freshen it up or change our tack.

And I love the fact that the youngsters are going to make the bench and are going to be given a chance, rather than sitting in the stands while some average Joe pointless 30 something lays about in the dugout hoping he avoids the managers gaze
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

OhJimmyJimmy wrote:Big positive for me is the exciting and good options that will come from the bench. Too often last season we had a decent 11 but looked at the bench and wondered where the positive change would come from.

I'm going from what I would think would be my starting eleven but the likes of Cameron, Craig, Thompson, Yeoman, they all give exciting pacey creative options, should we need to freshen it up or change our tack.

And I love the fact that the youngsters are going to make the bench and are going to be given a chance, rather than sitting in the stands while some average Joe pointless 30 something lays about in the dugout hoping he avoids the managers gaze
Sounds like how i get through my days. Substitute 'dugout' for 'office chair' and it's there.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Fonda wrote: Sounds like how i get through my days. Substitute 'dugout' for 'office chair' and it's there.
And, of course, "30 something" for "40 something"....

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Might look it Scott, but I'm not there yet (not long to go mind).
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Well it certainly looks like both our clubs could be doing better this season than last and it is interesting how Knill is building your team in a similr way to John Ward is building ours.
We both have solid defences and a experienced keeper. Our centre midfield will be better than when we played you as John Jo OToole had left us by then and is now signed permanently (once he left last season our form dropped off completely) and you have signed Harding which will make your centre midfield stronger
We both have gone for young wingers and if you sign the two strikers then will have one young striker and an experienced one. You may have the same problem as us in not being sure of your best team with Jarvis and Bodin being pushed and us with Dave Clarkson and Matt Harrold being pushed.
We still have five players to return by December Kenneth, Gill, Clarke, Clucas and Patterson all who would consider themselves as pushing for a regular spot so I see us having an interesting season.
We both really should be at least in the top half of the table but of course football is not played on paper so we will just have to wait and see. The waiting will soon be over.
Good luck for Saturday.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

friendlygas wrote:Well it certainly looks like both our clubs could be doing better this season than last and it is interesting how Knill is building your team in a similr way to John Ward is building ours.
We both have solid defences and a experienced keeper. Our centre midfield will be better than when we played you as John Jo OToole had left us by then and is now signed permanently (once he left last season our form dropped off completely) and you have signed Harding which will make your centre midfield stronger
We both have gone for young wingers and if you sign the two strikers then will have one young striker and an experienced one. You may have the same problem as us in not being sure of your best team with Jarvisand Bodin being pushed and us with Dave Clarkson and Matt Harrold being pushed.
We still have five players to return by December Kenneth, Gill, Clarke, Clucas and Patterson all who would consider themselves as pushing for a regular spot so I see us having an interesting season.
We both really should be at least in the top half of the table but of course football is not played on paper so we will just have to wait and see. The waiting will soon be over.
Good luck for Saturday.
even better than that - we've got Benyon!
The gulls are going up
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

i reckon its gonna be a wonderful day welcome fellas
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Yes meant Benyon!!
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

What a great day (hopefully). I don't know how the hell AK keeps doing this! He seems to be very good at getting players down here who on paper at least, are a class above what we have previously been able to attract. Karl Hawley is obviously a familiar name and would be a good signing, however the major coup which I cannot believe is that Callum Ball is willing to play for us. I have seen him play a couple of times and remember the Coventry fans at the time being very excited about having the kid on loan. Haven't got time to check it all out etc but I'm sure he had a bad foot injury which limited his appearances for Cov. I remember him being big and strong, probably not as good in the air as he should be for his height,(only slight criticism), but far better and quicker on the deck than you would first imagine. I will go as far to say in my opinion if he does sign and he is match fit, we will not only have the best target man in league 2 by some distance, but also one of the classiest players. No pi@@ing about here we are getting a lad who would start in the majority of league one sides on loan and probably some of the smaller championship clubs.

If Cov fans had a choice between a fit Callum Ball coming back to them or Mr Mansett I would think 90%
Would vote Callum.

I will believe it when it's on dot con, I am staggered, #bloody amazed :scarf:
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Derby County OS announces that Callum Ball has joined the Gulls on a two-month youth loan until 7 Oct. Sorry chaps, no link as I don't know how. Maybe someone could PM me with instructions as to how this is done!