The ideal squad situation

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Yeah he needs another left back! Due to a possible infection:- Tongue Pearce Downes Nicho
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

If we get in financial trouble, it will be the people who allow knill to spend that will be responsible. Managers are always going to ask for money, it's weak chairman who allow them to have it that get their clubs into trouble.

If a manager asks for another few k a week to sign a player, and the board agrees, surely the manager will presume it is affordable?
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Kit_robin wrote:If we get in financial trouble, it will be the people who allow knill to spend that will be responsible. Managers are always going to ask for money, it's weak chairman who allow them to have it that get their clubs into trouble.

If a manager asks for another few k a week to sign a player, and the board agrees, surely the manager will presume it is affordable?

:clap: :goodpost:

i was thinking just the same point as that, the manager can ask for the money, but its the board who have to say yes and spend it. i cant see our board taking those sort of stupid risks and over-doing it somehow.

especially after the state we were in when they took over.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Kit_robin wrote:If we get in financial trouble, it will be the people who allow knill to spend that will be responsible. Managers are always going to ask for money, it's weak chairman who allow them to have it that get their clubs into trouble.

That's always the way I've seen it too, but I just have a small concern about it really. The claim for 'new blood' (money) didn't really fill me with a lot of confidence either!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Nick wrote:So it seems like Knill is still in the market for another player, if the right player comes available. Now is it just me who is a little concerned by this? In my opinion we have quite a big squad now, and some of the signings can't have come cheap. Obviously we have lost some high earners - I'd hazard a guess that Rene Howe, Ian Morris and probably Brian Saah were all earning around the £1k/week mark, so that has clearly made some space. Then we have the others. Stevens, Oastler, Leadbitter, Macklin and Easton wouldn't have been among the highest earners in the squad.
Yeah I think you need re evaluate your guess work at wages Renne Howe was our highest earner last year and he was on £2250 a week.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

£2250 a week?!!?

:O
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

That is over a 1/4 of the budget for 1 player???
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

That was last year, when I was at the training ground at the end of the season Renne and Brian were having shall we say a disagreement. In the argument Renne was taunting Brian and telling him how much he earned and that was the figure he said.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

could the new player be mozika?
The gulls are going up
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

supergulls wrote:That was last year, when I was at the training ground at the end of the season Renne and Brian were having shall we say a disagreement. In the argument Renne was taunting Brian and telling him how much he earned and that was the figure he said.
Was ths a jokey disagreement or a real one??
TUST member 328
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

supergulls wrote:That was last year, when I was at the training ground at the end of the season Renne and Brian were having shall we say a disagreement. In the argument Renne was taunting Brian and telling him how much he earned and that was the figure he said.

I would be incredibly shocked if any player at the club was on more than £1500 including Rene. Sounds like he was talking crap!
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

No Brian was getting quite upset and told Renne exactly what he thought of him, but Renne was just laughing and saying I'm off down the bank to count my money and he said the above figure to Brian replied take your suitcase and don't come back.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

That is a ridiculous amount of money. Just over £115k a year for one player!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

supergulls wrote:No Brian was getting quite upset and told Renne exactly what he thought of him, but Renne was just laughing and saying I'm off down the bank to count my money and he said the above figure to Brian replied take your suitcase and don't come back.
Why was he getting upset? he was also preparing to pack his suitcase was he not?

Sounds like Rene carried a bit of an ego and how he ended up on that amount of money rings alarm bells with me as when he came to us he had a fairly failed career behind him and was given a two year deal on that money??

super - you seem to be at training a lot and have close connection to the youth team. Can I ask - do you work for the club in some capacity?
TUST member 328
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Richinns wrote: Why was he getting upset? he was also preparing to pack his suitcase was he not?

Sounds like Rene carried a bit of an ego and how he ended up on that amount of money rings alarm bells with me as when he came to us he had a fairly failed career behind him and was given a two year deal on that money??

super - you seem to be at training a lot and have close connection to the youth team. Can I ask - do you work for the club in some capacity?
Not at all rich I'm just a fan like yourself that has too much time on my hands so I tend to go to the youth team games as well as the first team matches. It beats going shopping with the wife mate.