FA Cup v Crawley Tickete'd

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Crawley fans warned not to travel without a ticket.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 60,00.html
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I agree that i'd rather they came to some games than none at all. Just as long as i can squeeze in too. :-D

It'd be nice to think a decent performance might inspire a few to stick around, but historically it hasn't happened that way.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by cosmic74 »

I would imagine that many will take their chances of travelling down and getting in, considering you can turn up and pay on the turnstiles!!!!!

Fonda - I reckon there will be a few gaps around the ground come 3 p.m. So we can both squeeze in!!! :)
I live for matchdays!!!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:I am not now making the journey as I have no guarantee of getting in.
Thought about this for a moment and came up with a solution.

You with the ticket turn up early and pay to go in. Your mate turns up late to a lockout at pay at the gate so you hand him the ticket through a knot hole in the fence (the big exit gate).

Stewards will say what ? Fa huck all, all is above board.

That's the solution. Now the problem : does brucie have at least one friend ? :)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:The real problem lies in the amount of fair-weather supporters we have, that only want to be involved in the 'glamour' of the FA Cup. If all the people that are so desperate to see this game, had got themselves to the Crewe game, got a voucher and had subsequently used it to purchase a ticket, there wouldn't be a problem would there?

I've actually got a voucher in my wallet - that i failed to turn into a ticket for this cup game. If i turn up on Saturday and fail to get in it'll be my own fault. Won't stop me cursing all those inside that can't be arsed to get there for any other game though.

I came down for the Carlisle tie, was there for the Crewe game, got my voucher, but had to work all last weekend, so now I have two vouchers (one is my sons) and had no way of using them. Totally ridiculous state of affairs when you think about how many fans were in the same position as myself.

Brucie, I think you should make the effort to get down there, if the ground is a 1000 shy of capacity you know you'll regret it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I will probably go but its going to be an early start as I reckon that I will need to be at the ground by 1330 at the latest.
I just don't want to risk travelling and not getting in.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I personally don't think it will sell out. If you get in at 2.30 I think you'll be pretty safe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

It will near enough sell out I reckon. When you get to this stage of the FA Cup you usually get higher attendances regardless of who your playing because there could be a bigger prize in the next round (IF We get through) and history could be made.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I reckon there'll be somewhere around the 4,500 mark. I'd be very surprised if there's more than 5,000 in attendance. We always tend to overestimate these things. Those discussed earlier, that don't come out very often, won't be concerned about offering their support to see us through this round. They'll be hoping we progress, and saving their pennies for the next round.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There will be more than that there - the game is being hyped like thers no tomorrow. Radio Devon keep running trailers for the game. Believe me this will be nigh on a sell out.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Are you going to come down for it Brucie?
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Sneapy »

yeah i must say it is quite stupid, that they havent made it all ticket'd,
because i have no idea how busy the game will be and im not sure whether i should go there early before and get in the que - if there is one-
im gonna drive past at 1 and see how busy it is?

what is everyone else doin! :)
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

When the first person start the queue ?

I reckon it will be about Midday!

I hope I see the first person with a tent and flask when I get to the ground tommorow!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Arrive at the turnstyle at about 1445 to avoid queueing, & walk straight into the ground. Everyone is over estimating the "pulling power" of Crawley. If there was that much interest in the game then it would have been on TV. At the moment the cold weather will put a lot of people off, & some people as we all know, are suffering from the recession.
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Sneapy »

wodger of awabia wrote:Arrive at the turnstyle at about 1445 to avoid queueing, & walk straight into the ground. Everyone is over estimating the "pulling power" of Crawley. If there was that much interest in the game then it would have been on TV. At the moment the cold weather will put a lot of people off, & some people as we all know, are suffering from the recession.
yeah but most people go for the atmosphere, also i recon it will be busy because we have an even chance to get through, and if we do get throught people want to be apart of it, i have asked alot of people at college and alot more people are going that usual

so u never really know