A turnstile at Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

A turnstile at Plainmoor

Post by wivelgull »

The photograph of a turnstile at Plainmoor on the official site ('Turnstile tactics') is astonishing. It shows an ancient, decrepit relic of the fifties or earlier still in use. Personally I find this antique charming but it hardly gives a good impression (rusty, moss-covered and displaying umpteen coats of paint) of a modern football ground.
Entering Plainmoor every fortnight through the popular side turnstiles it's clear that these are of a similar age (one could hardly say vintage). Shoving with all one's strength amid creaks, groans and squeals of protesting rusty metal I'm not sure whether to cheer (thank God nothing has changed!) or weep (can't the club do better than this?)
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Pretty sure that is a picture of a turnstile from the old grandstand that was sold off as a souvenir after demolition.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

It's quite obviously not in use, considering it's sat on a pallet around the back of the Bench. I like it though, it reminds me of the days when I could fit through them fairly easily. Turnstiles really aren't designed for fat people, and I ain't even that big!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: Entering Plainmoor every fortnight through the popular side turnstiles it's clear that these are of a similar age (one could hardly say vintage). Shoving with all one's strength amid creaks, groans and squeals of protesting rusty metal I'm not sure whether to cheer (thank God nothing has changed!) or weep (can't the club do better than this?)
If it aint broke, don't fix it is my philosophy. They may squeak or groan (are you sure it's the turnstiles and not the blokes manning them?) but they get me into the ground each match. I'm sure if there's money to spare (very doubtful), there are more urgent needs. A set of blue shorts for a start.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

wivelgull wrote:The photograph of a turnstile at Plainmoor on the official site ('Turnstile tactics') is astonishing. It shows an ancient, decrepit relic of the fifties or earlier still in use. Personally I find this antique charming but it hardly gives a good impression (rusty, moss-covered and displaying umpteen coats of paint) of a modern football ground.
Entering Plainmoor every fortnight through the popular side turnstiles it's clear that these are of a similar age (one could hardly say vintage). Shoving with all one's strength amid creaks, groans and squeals of protesting rusty metal I'm not sure whether to cheer (thank God nothing has changed!) or weep (can't the club do better than this?)
You sure it's not Brucie you can hear over in the Bench protesting he can't get his allocated seat?
TUST number 080
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If they rotate then we're in business. They're fine. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I get it Wivel, this is one of those joke, wee wee poking threads to see how many would bite, right ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

well, if you've just had your first League win, you can't belittle the team too much , can you? :keepie:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066