The Cornish Question?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

DTG, on the one hand you're disgusted with PAFC, and on the other hand you're quite happy to ride their coat tails. Some might say that smacks of hypocrisy, though I'm sure that's not your real intention. I presume you were merely being rhetorical.

Dissipating resources in the direction of a rival club with uncertain, perhaps even nebulous, outcomes, is not my idea of collaboration. Shouldn't we just be looking after our own house, and let Argyle do the same with theirs? And doesn't the FA have rules about collaboration between clubs (otherwise there would be far more of it going on)?
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Jerry wrote: As any good Devonian will tell you, the Cornish are the enemy of all that is good in this world and must be contained at all costs! :na:
That's why the Tamar was created :~D
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Gullscorer wrote:DTG, on the one hand you're disgusted with PAFC, and on the other hand you're quite happy to ride their coat tails. Some might say that smacks of hypocrisy, though I'm sure that's not your real intention. I presume you were merely being rhetorical.

Dissipating resources in the direction of a rival club with uncertain, perhaps even nebulous, outcomes, is not my idea of collaboration. Shouldn't we just be looking after our own house, and let Argyle do the same with theirs? And doesn't the FA have rules about collaboration between clubs (otherwise there would be far more of it going on)?
You make a fair point GS. But you're right, it's not my intention. It strikes me that the Pro Football Clubs in Devon all have the same problem........they are having trouble getting fans thro the turnstiles. If ever there was a reason for the Devon clubs to collaborate, this would be it. A joint approach to Live Football in Devon, creative offers and marketing campaigns TARGETTED at the population most likely to buy the product. Bring back the excitement of the Live experience rather than the strerile couch potato one. Target the Prem supporting fans in Devon. Reach out to the Gulls/GAWS/Greek fans that don't go anymore. A Devon/W Country wide approach has benefits for all the clubs. Not least spreading the cost and creating a Devon Brand identity.

We are at the arse end of nowhere. Yet the West Country is one of the more affluent areas in the UK, a great place to live and with modern infrastructure removing the arse end pereception. Having said that, it means we have a captive audience on our doorstep who if they want to watch Prem football Live the nearest team is probably Southampton. This to me is a huge marketing benefit, if used creatively. Really, I see little downside to this other than the funding. But even this can be got around.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

DTG wrote: You make a fair point GS. But you're right, it's not my intention. It strikes me that the Pro Football Clubs in Devon all have the same problem........they are having trouble getting fans thro the turnstiles. If ever there was a reason for the Devon clubs to collaborate, this would be it. A joint approach to Live Football in Devon, creative offers and marketing campaigns TARGETTED at the population most likely to buy the product. Bring back the excitement of the Live experience rather than the strerile couch potato one. Target the Prem supporting fans in Devon. Reach out to the Gulls/GAWS/Greek fans that don't go anymore. A Devon/W Country wide approach has benefits for all the clubs. Not least spreading the cost and creating a Devon Brand identity.

We are at the arse end of nowhere. Yet the West Country is one of the more affluent areas in the UK, a great place to live and with modern infrastructure removing the arse end pereception. Having said that, it means we have a captive audience on our doorstep who if they want to watch Prem football Live the nearest team is probably Southampton. This to me is a huge marketing benefit, if used creatively. Really, I see little downside to this other than the funding. But even this can be got around.
totally agree, the clubs in the south west have to be more proactive