Apology needed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Apology needed

Post by lucy6lucy »

Never watched such a woeful display of football watching Torquay. The magnitude of today's game deserves an apology as it was not acceptable.
Lucy
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I hope the travelling fans do get an apology, because that was rubbish today.
Anybody that travelled today should at least get free entry to the next home game!!
I will be watching my son play for Marldon u8's tomorrow and they will display a better performance. They can certainly defend a bloody corner.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SBP wrote:I hope the travelling fans do get an apology, because that was rubbish today.
Anybody that travelled today should at least get free entry to the next home game!!
I will be watching my son play for Marldon u8's tomorrow and they will display a better performance. They can certainly defend a bloody corner.

and take one too I bet! :)

I don't want an apology. Today has gone, it's dead and buried and there's nothing anyone can do about it. A reactionary display at Rochdale next week will make up for it i'm sure but if not I may not be so understanding after that one.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Agree with both Lucy and Andy. Lucy insofar that the performance was unacceptable, Andy insofar that an apology isn't needed because tonkings happen from time to time (especially against the best teams), you just have to take them on the chin. Its when they become a regular occurrence that if becomes a problem that needs addressing and apologising for.

Disagree with SBP, the money I spend is of little relevance to me personally when in support of TUFC, but the effort it requires can be cumbersome, especially with trips to Rochdale, Bury, Scunny and Accrington coming up on the horizon, a little gesture to make all that travelling a little bit less laborious for the die-hards would be more appropriate.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Apology? To whom? It is a game of football. Men the same age are being killed in Afghanistan. Perspective please. I am sure they did their best which on the day was not good enough. Shit happens in life, which makes the good days feel even better!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I witnessed the Dave Webb years ! Now that WAS CRAP !

I have been to Darlington in a mini-bus from Kingsteignton and saw us lose 2-1 to a last minute goal. Life's a bitch thats why we are insane and support Torquay United !
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

bengull wrote:Agree with both Lucy and Andy. Lucy insofar that the performance was unacceptable, Andy insofar that an apology isn't needed because tonkings happen from time to time (especially against the best teams), you just have to take them on the chin. Its when they become a regular occurrence that if becomes a problem that needs addressing and apologising for.

Disagree with SBP, the money I spend is of little relevance to me personally when in support of TUFC, but the effort it requires can be cumbersome, especially with trips to Rochdale, Bury, Scunny and Accrington coming up on the horizon, a little gesture to make all that travelling a little bit less laborious for the die-hards would be more appropriate.

The money may not be of relevance to you but for some it could well be.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

stefano wrote:Apology? To whom? It is a game of football. Men the same age are being killed in Afghanistan. Perspective please. I am sure they did their best which on the day was not good enough. sh*t happens in life, which makes the good days feel even better!

Stefano, I am just trying to count the good days over the past 12 months :lol:
thegreedygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by thegreedygull »

awarwickgull wrote:Not an apology (after all it is only a game) but the way Mr Knill and the majority of the team hot footed it straight down the tunnel after the game was mighty disrespectful to those of us who made the journey!!
they we're pissed off, it is always good to be acknowledged but I wouldn't get too upset about it
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

SBP wrote:
The money may not be of relevance to you but for some it could well be.
If you can't afford it when they play poorly, you can't afford it full stop, and therefore shouldn't have made the trip.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

thegreedygull wrote: they we're pissed off, it is always good to be acknowledged but I wouldn't get too upset about it
Would you feel worthy of applause if you'd had a day like that? Especially knowing you're about to get a roasting in the changing room from your boss. I'd want to get that over and done with to be honest.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

It doesn't matter what the result is, who the team are or what the support is, you should always show your gratitude to the travelling support at the end of the game. It's just good manners.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

Yea that kinda irked me a bit with knilly pegging it down tunnel - hey ho he was most likely fuming with the performance and i bet the lads just wanted to get the hell outta fleetwood, i'll forgive knilly when we win on saturday!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Robiberto22 wrote:Yea that kinda irked me a bit with knilly pegging it down tunnel - hey ho he was most likely fuming with the performance and i bet the lads just wanted to get the hell outta fleetwood, i'll forgive knilly when we win on saturday!
They weren't the only ones! :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

well we all got out alive! fleetwood wasn't THAT bad andy? me mates used to live there and showed me around its just kinda a sad place really, to think once those docks would of been all hustle and bustle and now they are all deserted. at least they had a kfc and a mc donalds - which is more than what ive got in burnham! and a nice ground and decent team that really is the only reason any one knows of fleetwood these days - friendly folks too
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...