Banning Orders

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Banning Orders

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

http://tinyurl.com/oqv5cf7
Latest banning order stats show 17 banning orders currently in place on Gulls' "supporters"-disappointed and amazed at these figures.
Makes us 5th joint highest in League Two-same as Pompey and one more than Plymouth,and higher than many League One clubs;even some Championship teams!How did this happen? Always thought of us as one of friendliest set of supporters in Football League.
Is club over zealous in giving these out or something? :@
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

Surprised it's that high but we do have a high mong contingent who I've noticed travelling in a pack on matchdays; I'd imagine they account for most of the bans.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Behind-the-Gulls
Is club over zealous in giving these out or something?
Aren't these Government figures detailing Football Banning Orders imposed by the Courts ? I'm not sure it's anything the club has given out.
BFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BFC »

Ours (Bury) is quite good at 8 I think.
When you are as close to a major city as we are you tend to get a few extra Danny Dire types for games where it might 'go off'

I wouldn't worry about your numbers, 15 of them could have been caught on a mini-bus with beers for all we know.

Still going to board up the windows at ours before you 'orrible lot crop up at weekend though, can't be too careful can you?!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Is it any coincidence that in the table that follows, Scunthorpe United have 27, compared to our 1. Who was their manager at the time? A certain Alan Knill. Their's then drops and ours rises, as Alan Knill takes us over. Could supporters of clubs he manages be so up in arms that they revolt?

This is tongue in cheek btw but I cannot be bothered to look for smileys.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

hector wrote:Is it any coincidence that in the table that follows, scunthorpe United have 27, compared to our 1. Who was their manager at the time? A certain Alan Knill. Their's then drops and ours rises, as Alan Knill takes us over. Could supporters of clubs he manages be so up in arms that they revolt?

This is tongue in cheek btw but I cannot be bothered to look for smileys.
or could it be that we just have a revolting crop.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Considering the size of our support, we do have an unusually large idiot element. Small-town syndrome - kids who are bored, so find their only entertainment behaving like fools at the footy.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not to concerned about this, these figures do not tell us, what the banning orders are for, and who the people banned are.

Don't think we are going to see boots and laces taken over by a G,S,E style gang any time soon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

It's the SpottyMob!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Most of them are harmless, more likely to be your gang of o.a.p.s, pretty nasty bunch.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

BFC wrote:Ours (Bury) is quite good at 8 I think.
I wouldn't worry about your numbers, 15 of them could have been caught on a mini-bus with beers for all we know.

Still going to board up the windows at ours before you 'orrible lot crop up at weekend though, can't be too careful can you?!!
Nah - most of ours have been banned for using threatening behaviour with their walking sticks. Didn't expect either of our teams to be in the mire this season. As long as you Shakers are at least one place below us come next May, good luck for the rest of the season. :goal:
TUFC4EVER
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TUFC4EVER »

Alpine Joe wrote:Behind-the-Gulls Aren't these Government figures detailing Football Banning Orders imposed by the Courts ? I'm not sure it's anything the club has given out.
The club chuck the fan out and get the police to deal with them, then the police are the one's who give the banning order. The police take into account what the individual done plus what the club feel is a relevant punishment. E.G. Callum, who threw a brick at the Wimbledon coach, was given a fine and a 1 year banning order from the police thank's to the club telling them what they think the punishment should be.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I've never seen such an inaccurate post in all my life.

Absolute poppycock.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Expresso
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Expresso »

Didn't a load get chucked out at Southend last year?
Keep the faith
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

The Bristol News today is full of and operation to arrest loads of City and Rovers fans after the violence at the local derby cup match a few weeks ago. 28 Have been arrested in dawn raids and another 5 have voluntarily given themselves up. That's in addition to 56 arrested around the time of a match. I wonder how many of them will get banning orders.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843