Benyon - Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

scottbrehaut wrote:He wanted to move on anyway so would rather get money now, as opposed to waiting for the tribunal and getting less!! Besides, if we can get a better player with the money, or somebody who can play in the current system Bucks seems to prefer, then it's good with me.

Lets wait till the dust settles before panicing about who is going.
Where has it been suggested he wanted to leave? He was understandably keeping his options open until the summer, and nobody could blame him for that. He didn't appear to be in any rush to get away though?

If he'd scored more than 20 goals this season (as was very likely), we'd have got more for him at tribunal than the figures being mooted here. It's yet another short-sighted decision.

I'll be interested to see who this 'better' player is we have waiting in the wings. Because 20-goal a season strikers (and that is what Benners is) do not generally go on loan to Torquay mid-way through a season.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He isn't a 20 goals a season striker yet Shane. Could be, but not yet.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:He isn't a 20 goals a season striker yet Shane. Could be, but not yet.

That's quite pedantic Dave. With 14 already, it'd be very surprising for him not to have got there.
Last edited by Fonda on 31 Jan 2011, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

He could have scored 20 goals this season, or he could have broken his leg in the next round and been out for the season, not signed a contract and we would have been stuffed.

It's a fair wack of money, Bucks and the scouts will have planned for his departure, of that I am sure, and therefore will have an excellent idea of the replacement.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

scottbrehaut wrote:He could have scored 20 goals this season, or he could have broken his leg in the next round and been out for the season, not signed a contract and we would have been stuffed.

It's a fair wack of money, Bucks and the scouts will have planned for his departure, of that I am sure, and therefore will have an excellent idea of the replacement.
'Stuffed'? How so? If he broke his leg, and nobody wanted him in the summer, we could just have offered him a new deal and kept him?
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

The deal is still subject to the final completion of all paperwork. I'll pay someone a tenner to creep into the club and break the fax machine.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Shane apologies, I meant to quote your post but somehow edited it

It isn't pedantic, it's a fact. On his current form and with our system who could guarantee him getting another 6 goals?
Dave

loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

scottbrehaut wrote: http://x.com/#!/TUFC

No, it doesn't say that at all.

I suggest re-reading it before whipping up hysteria!!
That's what it said...!
Attachments
tufc twitter.JPG
tufc twitter.JPG (29.62 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:Shane apologies, I meant to quote your post but somehow edited it

It isn't pedantic, it's a fact. On his current form and with our system who could guarantee him getting another 6 goals?
If he didn't, it would be the fault of the system, not the player. He's clearly capable of scoring 20 goals in a season - if used correctly.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Fonda wrote: If he didn't, it would be the fault of the system, not the player. He's clearly capable of scoring 20 goals in a season - if used correctly.

But the fact remains he ISN'T a 20 goals a season player........................yet.
Dave

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'd rather we'd kept him until the end of the season and assessed it then.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

All the best Elliot. Top player for us.

Replacement please!!!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

gullsflyinghigh wrote:All the best Elliot. Top player for us.

Replacement please!!!
Jake Robinson?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

Anyone seen Elliot's wikipedia profile?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Benyon

"...in the 2006–07 season caught the eye of Sheena Easton who was in the process of rebuilding a Torquay United side recently relegated to the Football Conference."

I thought she was re-building her singing career at the time...lol
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

highweekgull wrote:Anyone seen Elliot's wikipedia profile?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Benyon

"...in the 2006–07 season caught the eye of Sheena Easton who was in the process of rebuilding a Torquay United side recently relegated to the Football Conference."

I thought she was re-building her singing career at the time...lol
That wiki page is very amusing.

Benyon is quoted as saying "The chance to play with ex Juventus star Vincent Pericard was a too good an opportunity to turn down" "I wont stand next to him in the showers though, it's like a baby's arm clutching an apple" he added.