Knill out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

Ps warnock with Greavies as apprenticeship would be perfect
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

HeavenAndHele wrote: Funny thing is, if you go back far enough you start seeing tweets from just over a year ago by scunthorpe fans using the same hashtag!

#TrueDat ;-)
We'll be back...
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

If you look at our side..we have two great centre backs, a left back from Arsenal who has minutes in CL, a club legend like Mansell, a winger who played half a season in a team promoted to L1 last season (Cameron), another winger whose quality in not under any doubt (Chapell), a proven L2 goalscorer like Benyon, a welsh u-21 international, and some other good players who can always be thrown in and have proven their ability in L2 - Nico, Lathrope, Craig. We have good young talent in Sully, Thommo and Kirtys, players who would not look out of place if played in a L2 game and it should also be mentioned that our BACK-UP keeper is our player of the season so far. With such a squad, we should never be in that situation. How come it is not all AK's fault? Some would say injuries but he may have brought a loan centre back instead of the useless Callum Ball with the same amount of money and that would have allowed him to use Yeoman more. Why do we have a youth system when we never use it...look at Exeter.. Why sign Cameron on a permanent deal when you will put him on the bench and get a loanee to play on the wing? I for one believe he has bags of potential. Why would you sign Yeoman and not even put him on the bench and get several loanees to play on his position? If your main centre back is injured, and you don't have a back up at all...you play your left back in the centre. That is all fine. But why is not Hutch at the bench then? What would have happened in Pearce/Cruise got injured in any of these games... I generally don't like to be critical over the manager's decisions, as whoever is in charge, then he knows more about football than any fan you pick on the stadium and knows better the abilities of the footballers than anyone on the stands. However, what we are seeing on Plainmoor now, is beyond that. I doubt that our manager has any idea of what is going on and I think he is lacking any sort of decision making abilities. As things stay now, we are in a relegation fight. I think that there is a sort of possibility that we manage to survive even if AK stays until the end of the season. It would be extremely hard though...and even if we do we still need to start the new season with him next year which guarantees the same problems that we have at the moment. And as I think the problem is in him, I think the price of sacking him should be paid now rather than being paid too late.
Am I the only one who thinks that if our club has no money and we can still get so many loanees then maybe we get them for free but on the price of guaranteed number of games that they would play? How come Mccallum was racing down the highway for the sake of playing with some unknown for him guys? How come today's game was the first one Azeez was not involved in? How come Ball missed only one game despite his awful at times displays and inability to score goals? How come a 18 year old boy with no FL experience gets in the place of a proven L2 midfielder like Lathrope who was close to promotion to L1 on 2 occasions? How come O'connor (his ability is not under any question) gets in the place of our man of the match from the last game (Pearce)? Any sort of trend developing here guys?
However, the only thing we can do is support the team. Some of them love Torquay as much as we do and are always giving their best.
Up the Gulls!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:He's out of his depth and he's lost the plot. He doesn't know his best team, he's evidently lost the dressing room, and he's showing all the classic relegation traits in that he's signing loan players and chopping and changing each week.

After being a severely pessimistic fan last season under Ling, I promised myself that I'd only focus on the positives this season and back Knill all the way. Unfortunately he's failed so miserably that I can't find any positives from this season at all, and I'm already very sure that we will go down unless someone comes in and takes over.

His recruitment has been excellent on paper. In fact it's truly outrageous that anyone could take such a decent bunch of individually talented footballers and somehow contrive to turn them into something which doesn't even slightly resemble a professional football outfit.
I have never in my 16 years as a fan, seen such abject, clueless and glorified park-football-esque performances at Plainmoor. They have been beyond shocking, and apparently the last couple of games have been worse.

I see the usual ridiculous calls for unrealistic Warnocks and Holloways etc are popping up. It won't happen, stop kidding yourselves!!!

What a pile of sh*t this season is
Perfect this bit smiffs :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

yellowsmiffy wrote:He's out of his depth and he's lost the plot. He doesn't know his best team, he's evidently lost the dressing room, and he's showing all the classic relegation traits in that he's signing loan players and chopping and changing each week.

After being a severely pessimistic fan last season under Ling, I promised myself that I'd only focus on the positives this season and back Knill all the way. Unfortunately he's failed so miserably that I can't find any positives from this season at all, and I'm already very sure that we will go down unless someone comes in and takes over.

His recruitment has been excellent on paper. In fact it's truly outrageous that anyone could take such a decent bunch of individually talented footballers and somehow contrive to turn them into something which doesn't even slightly resemble a professional football outfit.

I have never in my 16 years as a fan, seen such abject, clueless and glorified park-football-esque performances at Plainmoor. They have been beyond shocking, and apparently the last couple of games have been worse.

I see the usual ridiculous calls for unrealistic Warnocks and Holloways etc are popping up. It won't happen, stop kidding yourselves!!!

What a pile of sh*t this season is
You are right there. If Knill does go, then I think the best we can hope for is Martin Allen, and to be honest, I doubt he is in our range either.

I haven't checked the LMA site to see which managers are out of work but to be honest I don't see it as a gamble, as none could do worse than Knill is.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Paulo Di Canio anybody??

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by MH91 »

Judging by the fact that he was getting 50k per week in Sunderland, I don't think he would be willing to get on the 50k per year boat :) . The guys on the commo today suggested Nico and Manse pair. Anyone up for that? (Just to mention I am not a big fan of that idea).
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

MH91 wrote:Judging by the fact that he was getting 50k per week in Sunderland, I don't think he would be willing to get on the 50k per year boat :) . The guys on the commo today suggested Nico and Manse pair. Anyone up for that? (Just to mention I am not a big fan of that idea).
I would take Rab C Nesbitt right now.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MH91 wrote:The guys on the commo today suggested Nico and Manse pair. Anyone up for that? (Just to mention I am not a big fan of that idea).
Only on the proviso they don't select themselves anymore!!
Crazy suggestion.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by MH91 »

As crazy as it sounds..it would be better than now...
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I hate all these doom and gloom threads that spring up every time things start going bad for us, but i have to be completely honest here, right now I do not see where our next points are coming from. I think it's time for fresh ideas. :-|
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

MH91 - O'Connor is in the team because he is a class act. A good signing by Knill. IF the manager is still here next week he can play O'Connor at right back. Together with Downes,Pearce and Cruise there is really nothing wrong with that back four.
Its where we go from there that is the problem though!
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

i recall that when Knill was appointed supporters were told that he had close links with both David Moyes and Man u!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Doesn't really matter if he got Rooney and Van Persie here, he'd soon make them turn to poo and then drop them and then bring them back again and then drop them and then bring them on as subs in the 85th minute away at Mansfield having been 1-0 down since the first minute.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Then he would say "we did ok".