Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay Utd - 21/12/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Poor old Dagenham even put their keeper up into our box in the last couple of minutes (4 minutes of extra time were given) & they still didn't look like scoring. The last twenty minutes were a bit nail biting, & would have been happier if we could have got a second before we resorted to defending so deeply, but hey, we got the result !!!Brilliant for Jak's parents to have travelled down from Liverpool, got to have a few words with some of us, & seen their son have a good game; Aaron's Mum & Step-Dad had recently arrived from Oz for a short stay & got to see him having a brilliant game as well ! Good build-up to Christmas for all of us ! The Yellow Army were brilliant, particularly towards the end when we had to dig in; we missed the vocal talents of Austrian Andy, but Ben led enthusiastically as always. Now got to fit in some work in between the fixtures for the next few weeks: :scarf: :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Realgullfan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Damien Mozika

Post by Realgullfan »

Poke - 8 -
Tonge - 6 -
O'Connor - 6 -
Downes - 9 -
Cruise - 5 -
Manse - 6 -
McCourt - 7.5 -
Mozika - 7.5 -
Chapell - 6 -
Bodin - 8 -
Marquis - 8 -
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Have we started charging by the word?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Wet and windy. Having said that each side had to deal with it and I 'd say we did the best. To me the ball spent a lot of time in the air but when it was on the deck we used it better. I believe our midfield in the centre of the pitch won the battle there making D&R play on the wings. And from where I was seated our defence and midfield did enough to reduce the wingers effectiveness, resulting in poor final ball. I was hearing a lot of muttering in the D&R ranks to this effect.
Towards the end we were using long ball to relieve the pressure and Marquis was clearly tired of chasing lost causes. But then in the last few minutes we played it more on the deck and created a few more opportunities as well as kept the ball.
Overall, we deserved the win and it wasn't down to luck - I think we were better organised competed effectively for the 50/50 balls and dealt with the conditions that little bit better.
Well done all round.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Have we started charging by the word?

Matt.
You'd be in trouble then! :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hence the question, Steve. I was extremely, exceptionally, incredibly worried, bothered and concerned. :clap: Whoops...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Jeff wrote: Atmosphere wasn't the best today, so Saah didn't get any attention (either positive or negative) that I could hear
There was someone pretty vocal giving him a slagging once he started getting a strop on with Marquis :lol:
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Dockers Pal wrote:Wet and windy. Having said that each side had to deal with it and I 'd say we did the best. To me the ball spent a lot of time in the air but when it was on the deck we used it better. I believe our midfield in the centre of the pitch won the battle there making D&R play on the wings. And from where I was seated our defence and midfield did enough to reduce the wingers effectiveness, resulting in poor final ball. I was hearing a lot of muttering in the D&R ranks to this effect.
Towards the end we were using long ball to relieve the pressure and Marquis was clearly tired of chasing lost causes. But then in the last few minutes we played it more on the deck and created a few more opportunities as well as kept the ball.
Overall, we deserved the win and it wasn't down to luck - I think we were better organised competed effectively for the 50/50 balls and dealt with the conditions that little bit better.
Well done all round.
I think that sums it up perfectly. It wasnt the case that Dagenham were rubbish (their home record shows that), it's because we were the better side. Our midfield got on top of theirs and for the most part our defence were totally solid.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........