Exeter tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

forevertufc wrote:So this thread rages on and so does the embarrassment, theatre, love it, can see the headlines now, police called to the west end tonight after ugly scenes between rival fans, many required hospital treatment after fans of 'cats' and 'mamma mia' went on the rampage.. :)
You had me agreeing there till mentioning cats and mamma mia. Everyone knows the Starlight Express are the real crew in the West End....Even the Milwall and Chelsea boys stay away from them....

This thread has now meandered from slagging the club off over the way you can buy tickets to a seeming handful that cant grasp that police advice cant really be ignored just because its financially convenient.
The police dont give a monkeys if theres 2500 or 5500 fans in the ground, they're only interested in minimizing any liklihood of trouble.

Lets hope that the ones bleating about how segregation isnt needed have some objectionable visiting fans around them sometime soon to spoil their day.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

brucie wrote:Its not a sob story at all - I have the tickets and will be attending. Wodger has a decent point though, we don't really know who actually makes these games all ticket.
Making the games all ticket doesn't prevent segregation at all though. If the away team sells out its allocation then there is absolutely nothing to stop away supporters purchasing tickets in the home end.
The only possible valid reason for making these games all ticket is to control the numbers entering the ground.
As none of these games would reach capacity even if the matches were just pay on the gate there isn't any real viable reason for the matches to be all ticket in the first place.
So it therefore follows that there is no justification for not selling tickets on the day.
Perhaps the club ought to come out and say how and who makes this decsision.
As it appears completely flawed then perhaps this could start to be addressed.
Yes, last season I turned up one hour before kick off at Villa Park for Villa vs Newcastle & joined a queue of about 500 at the ticket office. The Newcastle allocation around 7,000 I think had been sold out before the season even started. The queue comprised of all ages of supporters ( not all from the West Mids area! ), I was served & out of the queue in 20 mins, & the only thing I was asked was my e-mail address so they could send me through offers. I guess that a good 40% of the people in the queue were Newcastle fans, although they were not wearing Newcastle colours. I did not see anyone being turned away without tickets for the Home areas of the ground.
PDP
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Benyon

Post by PDP »

Well I seem to be one of the few who made a mistake and thought I'd get a mate to get a ticket and have founding ticketless today so if anyone has a spare one for sale please let me know. Thanks, pete
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If you wish to know who is winning/losing a debate, look at who is beginning to make personal attacks, even minor ones, on their opponents, for example by using words to cast doubts on their opponents' intelligence or sanity or maturity, to bolster their own less than convincing arguments, rather than simply addressing their opponents views.. ;-)
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Sunnysideup »

Gullscorer wrote:If you wish to know who is winning/losing a debate, look at who is beginning to make personal attacks, even minor ones, on their opponents, for example by using words to cast doubts on their opponents' intelligence or sanity or maturity, to bolster their own less than convincing arguments, rather than simply addressing their opponents views.. ;-)
Yawn.....Maybe you should trot out the Rhetorical Triangle?
There is no winning or losing a debate like this. You (and a slack handful) clearly dont consider all ticket matches to be required wheras various considerations regarding segregation etc lead the police to advise that certain matches should be.

The club will almost certainly know that the match will not be a sell out and should a visiting club not sell its allocation of ticket then there should be no problem selling tickets on the day.

You're trading opinion and not fact, so dont try and make out you are.

It always amuses me when those who have a problem convincing others of their view, start to trot out the "oh youre being personal now".
Invariably when encountered in person they turn out to be pretentious tw@ts. Feel free to make of that what you will.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
LocalGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chappell

Post by LocalGull »

Good response sunnyside :)
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Sunnysideup wrote: Yawn.....Maybe you should trot out the Rhetorical Triangle?
There is no winning or losing a debate like this. You (and a slack handful) clearly dont consider all ticket matches to be required wheras various considerations regarding segregation etc lead the police to advise that certain matches should be.

The club will almost certainly know that the match will not be a sell out and should a visiting club not sell its allocation of ticket then there should be no problem selling tickets on the day.

You're trading opinion and not fact, so dont try and make out you are.

It always amuses me when those who have a problem convincing others of their view, start to trot out the "oh youre being personal now".
Invariably when encountered in person they turn out to be pretentious tw@ts. Feel free to make of that what you will.
My dad and me disagree about this. My dads best friend agreed with me and the slack handful. None of us felt the need to call each other pretentious tw@ts. Probably just people with different opinions. You, on the other hand, are clearly a moron. I come across people like you all the time. You don't agree with me, so you must be a tw@t. That is a fantastic way to win an argument. Well done x x
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't see any personal attacks here, I said some were talking out the back their behinds, that's not a personal attack, that's a statement of opinion. Look, away fans the in the home end, is not the issue here and never has been, the point has been missed time and time again.

If you let away fans in to the home areas, you immediately cause problems,1, there is straight away the potential for trouble between rival fans 2, stewards/security staff have to be taken off duties around the ground to form a cordon between fans, so creating a safety issue ( medical emergency or evacuation of a stand or whole ground) Sure there are more reasons that could be listed.

How many of those complaining on here about all-ticket match's, giving it, the just let them in, actually sit in the bench, and don't go on the popside were the mix of fans would be most likely. Who remembers the Oxford F.A cup tie 2009, when about 50 Oxford fans came on the popside and started kicking off after we scored, these are the reasons why you keep fans apart . Most fans are decent, however only takes 10 in every 100, and most clubs have them.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Sunnysideup »

Kernowgull wrote:My dad and me disagree about this. My dads best friend agreed with me and the slack handful. None of us felt the need to call each other pretentious tw@ts. Probably just people with different opinions. You, on the other hand, are clearly a moron. I come across people like you all the time. You don't agree with me, so you must be a tw@t. That is a fantastic way to win an argument. Well done x x
Perhaps you should read it again (after all, you appear to be Cornish).
Pretentious tw@t refers to the problem resolution guff posted earlier, not to the discussion on all ticket matches being necessary. Mind you, you dont do sarcasm very well either.