Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I thought that the only points that can be docked if an ineligble player has played in the games. So weve gained 0 points in the game he played which he shouldnt of. Still will have an unwelcome fine!

Not 100% sure on that though.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The running of this club just beggars belief. After Saturdays farce this will go down as the biggest farce EVER. It is a disgraceful cock up of epic proportions. We are a laughing stock yet again. Shambles.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

2 months ago, I had plenty of confidence in this board. Consolidation in L2 with a very good chance of the play offs, a decent team which could be built on and become a very good team with just a couple more players. We've had some losses but due to the lack of talk about them, they were seemingly sustainable. We were also going well in the cup.

Now, we have one of our best players leaving to move onto better things (the grass is always greener isn't it?), we're out of the cup after showing no heart and passion, the players must be getting knackered without ever having a week off and we have debts which now means we cannot afford to sell players and actually buy any in return. We're now playing ineligible players in one of our worst performances for years, the new Grandstand is looking more doubtful and we couldn't even fill the ground against Crawley.

Perhaps the board have allowed things to run away with them and while trying to keep things in check, have just let things slip. Either way, something needs to change as there are the best part of 800 fans who have basically given up in the last few home matches. The only way we ever bring in fans is with good football and winning games. It's about time Buckle told that to Ellis, Branston and Nico who lump it upfield EVERY time and give away the ball EVERY time. Looks like we'll now have 2 decent midfielders in Manse and Stanley, lets get them passing it about.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

I have just spoken to someone very close to Buckle. It is true, both were not registered. Buckle was informed 15 minutes into the game when he was given an email by the secretary whilst sat on the bench.

The secretary has resigned, Buckle offered his resignation.

WHAT A TOTAL AND UTTER JOKE.
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Angry and ashamed
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Buckle has done nothing wrong here, he has no need to offer his resignation.
I thought the lending club held the registration or am I totally missing something?
I don't know what to think other than it's a shambles. I can't think of anything positive to say, if we get a points deduction we're in trouble and a fine would be equally disasterous(sp?).
Gutted.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I wouldn't blame Buckle for wanting to walk. Being forced to sell our top scorer on deadline day, dipping attendances and a low budget followed by this shambles would drive anyone close to the edge. Who exactly is to blame for this mess?
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

To quote the Queen 'weekus horriblis'

If Bucks had anything to do with it then yes he should go. Its not rocket science, they've all been in football long enough to know (or should know) when a player should be able to play following a loan.
TUST #324
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

numpte wrote:To quote the Queen 'weekus horriblis'

If Bucks had anything to do with it then yes he should go. Its not rocket science, they've all been in football long enough to know (or should know) when a player should be able to play following a loan.
I disagree.

It's all very well for someone like Graham Turner to "know the rules" after all he has been working in football for more than 40 years - but for a young Manager like Paul Buckle he has to rely on others to take care of the administrative matters to allow him to concentrate on football matters. He has, on this occasion it seems, been badly let down by the administrators at the club.
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Is there going to be a Press Conference soon? I think it's the least we deserve.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

i think we need a statement from the club ASAP to get this confirmed .. has he done this ..hasn't he? we need to know if this is true or not. if buckle goes this is our season well and truly over.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

HRG wrote:Buckle has done nothing wrong here, he has no need to offer his resignation.
I thought the lending club held the registration or am I totally missing something?
I don't know what to think other than it's a shambles. I can't think of anything positive to say, if we get a points deduction we're in trouble and a fine would be equally disasterous(sp?).
Gutted.
I don't think this is about registering the players, I believe it's more about the time they were signed. It appears that there is a deadline by which the paperwork must be completed in order for players to play - I guess we missed that deadline and so the loanees should not have been allowed to play last night. Presumably they will be fine for the remainder of their loan periods with us but we will no doubt be in trouble with the FA over this.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

gulls_aloud wrote:Is there going to be a Press Conference soon? I think it's the least we deserve.
I heard there was a meeting at 11am but that's just a rumour. Even if true, we may not hear anything for a bit. It doesn't stop me constantly refreshing this page though!
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Completely and utterly ridiculous, do not blame Paul for offering his resignation in the slightest and I wouldn't be suprised if he was to go.

Absolute shambles, disgraceful
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but on Saturday if Macclesfield get a point, Burton & Bradford both win & Torquay lost at home to Stockport, we'd be 5 points adrift off 24th place.

If you include the possible deduction of points & the prospect of Buckle resigning we could be in a whole lot of mess relegation wise...