Game on or Off

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Game on or Off

Post by tauntongull »

Given last nights weather and the battering of wind and rain we are getting in Taunton now does anyone know whether the game is definitely on? Why or why do we have the problem of late match postponements when surely it is easier to give people the chance not too travel as it is so expensive these days. Need to make a decision to travel in the next 30 minutes!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Positively
-there's been no mention of a pitch inspection
- the argyle pitch is very good drainage wise, I'm guessing it wouldn't have been that saturated so could take this current rain
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

According to the PAFC Twitter page the match is defo on!

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle 13m
UPDATE: Weather easing, wonderful #pafc groundstaff more than coping, no doubting Devon Derby is green for go pic.x.com/N3c1jgHLbn
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

The PASOTI site shows game as definitely on. Their unpaid for pitch has excellent drainage. The game though will be a bit of a lottery.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Weather was bad last year too remember but pitch was perfect. Also weather set to improve around kick-off time.
Watch out for road works on way down though.
See you all there! COYY!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Games at Bristol Rovers & Newport have been postponed but I suspect the Plymouth pitch, that they stole and continue to prosper on, from their robbing ways, will be too good to succumb to the rain. It was very wet last year but pitch was fine.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

hector wrote:Games at Bristol Rovers & Newport have been postponed but I suspect the Plymouth pitch, that they stole and continue to prosper on, from their robbing ways, will be too good to succumb to the rain. It was very wet last year but pitch was fine.
They didn't steal it. If anyone stole it, Argyle's previous owners did. Argyle's current owner actually helped to save the club from the previous owners. Anyway, their pitch isn't going to help them today. The weather means that today's game is a lottery, and Plainmoor is slightly better when it comes to lotteries than Home Park is.. :-D
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Taking something without paying; sure sounds like theft to me...
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

jonnyfive wrote:Taking something without paying; sure sounds like theft to me...
Politicians do it all the time. They have been caught once yet are still doing it. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

I vote theft too. They have a pitch, that they play on, that they took from another company without handing over the required payment. Pretty damning