Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

CP Gull wrote: I don't think this is about registering the players, I believe it's more about the time they were signed. It appears that there is a deadline by which the paperwork must be completed in order for players to play - I guess we missed that deadline and so the loanees should not have been allowed to play last night. Presumably they will be fine for the remainder of their loan periods with us but we will no doubt be in trouble with the FA over this.
I would imagine that this is spot on. Look at Swindon's and Shrewsbury's line ups for last night. No Benyon and no Wroe. You can't tell me neither would have figured in the respective 18 man squad. Also no Torres for Chelsea either
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

But, they signed contracts transferring the player, not loans.

Anyone know of any loans that took place on Monday and the player played yesterday (apart from our two)
TUST #324
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

As far as I was aware, there was a deadline of 5pm to register PERMANENT transfers to enable them to play the following day, but for loans there was no such deadline as there is no change of a player's registration, just some paperwork to say that player will now be on loan somewhere.

As far as I can see, the only way they would be inelIgible to play is if we didn't send any pAperwork AT ALL until after the 11pm deadline, meaning that technically they weren't even on loan with us.

This is only as I understand it, and could be incorrect!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

devington wrote: I would imagine that this is spot on. Look at Swindon's and Shrewsbury's line ups for last night. No Benyon and no Wroe. You can't tell me neither would have figured in the respective 18 man squad. Also no Torres for Chelsea either
Thanks. Someone said they were not registered, hence my confusion.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

I've already found two loan players on deadline day who played last night for their new club.

Bignall played for Brentford and Bassone played for Charlton and I didn't have to look very hard.

Reckon there is a good chance , quite a few of the loans on deadline day played last night.
TUST #324
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

numpte wrote:To quote the Queen 'weekus horriblis'

If Bucks had anything to do with it then yes he should go. Its not rocket science, they've all been in football long enough to know (or should know) when a player should be able to play following a loan.
Buckle going is not the answer numpte. In fact it would just the opposite. I know we are all angry but targeting Buckle would only serve to make things a lot worse.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Thinking about it, we comented yesterday on how miserable Simon Baker look last night in the front row of the directors box. My friend said to me that he had hardly said a word to anyone in the first half, as he sat next to "Mrs" Buckle in the second. When I turned round he really was "ashen" faced, like I have never seen him look before.

It is always interesting to gauge the chairman's reaction during matches... I suppose he knew more than us at the time.....but one things for certain, that man was utterly devastated. He REALLY does care.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

MidDevon wrote:Thinking about it, we comented yesterday on how miserable Simon Baker look last night in the front row of the directors box. My friend said to me that he had hardly said a word to anyone in the first half, as he sat next to "Mrs" Buckle in the second. When I turned round he really was "ashen" faced, like I have never seen him look before.

It is always interesting to gauge the chairman's reaction during matches... I suppose he knew more than us at the time.....but one things for certain, that man was utterly devastated. He REALLY does care.

Of course he cares, he's a fellow fan, but is he really up to the job of Chairman?

Thanks for sorting the flags by the way ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Of course he cares, he's a fellow fan, but is he really up to the job of Chairman?

Thanks for sorting the flags by the way ;-)
Dave - do you know anymore on the ins and outs of this which you can share? Worried about the Buckle reignation rumours.
TUST member 328
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It's more or less covered on here mate. I won't go into specifics but Buckle is totally blameless in all of this and was clearly given the green light to play them.

I'm sure the Club will put some kind of spin on it though, as they usually do. It's disgraceful and a real letdown for the Manager.
Dave

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:It's more or less covered on here mate. I won't go into specifics but Buckle is totally blameless in all of this and was clearly given the green light to play them.

I'm sure the Club will put some kind of spin on it though, as they usually do. It's disgraceful and a real letdown for the Manager.
So he has offered his resignation due to his anger at the clubs incompetence?

We now need to do everything possible to keep him at the club otherwise the mess is going to be unrecoverable.
TUST member 328
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Southampton Gull....just wanted to point out how much it appeared to effect him, that is a positive thing in my view

I would also say that as a Chairman we need him to concentrate on driving the club forward by dealing in strategy, seeking financial backing, dealing with the business plan to get the stand built etc, I do not think we could ever expect the chairman to ensure we register players correctly, that clearly is not his job either....he pays someone to do the administration correctly.

Finally we should remember that, as far as I am aware, an unregistered player is an uninsured player, the consequencies of that last night could have been much more devastating than a 3 or 4 point reduction.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm pretty sure that this whole episode could actually help us in a strange way.

If he stays with us I'm hoping he channels his anger into his work and fires the players up enough to perform a whole lot better than of late. Added to that I would hope that the fans get behind him and give him the kind of support he hasn't really had in his time with us.

He's had to endure an awful lot that most fans aren't aware of, interference from Colin Lee, that had more of an impact on his ability to do his job than people can possibly imagine, factions within the Board, and now incompetence from club officials. Let the man do his job, support him and reap the rewards, he's doing an excellent job as far as I'm concerned, with very little help from above.
Dave

numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

So......what is the issue. We didn't register them or registered them late because a host of other clubs played their loan players last night.
TUST #324
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

MidDevon wrote: Finally we should remember that, as far as I am aware, an unregistered player is an uninsured player, the consequencies of that last night could have been much more devastating than a 3 or 4 point reduction.
Don't think that would be an issue as both of these players are registered with their respective parent clubs i.e. Robinson (Shrewsbury) ; Stanley (Morecambe). They are still their players, we are simply borrowing them as things stand. The problem is more of a bureaucratic one I think.