Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MF68 wrote:I repeat ...............Who is qualified from our board to make this vital decision?
Putting your hand in your pocket and investing in the club qualifies you to make the decision. If you don't like it I suggest you put your hand in your pocket and buy some shares....

I am getting so fed up of reading all of the abuse directed at the board, until someone shows me some evidence to the contrary I have nothing but respect for the job they are doing.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

hector wrote:apologies - the twitter link may not open

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/c ... story.html
Not sure about David Byrne may be too much of a Talking Head! :lol:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Keep seeing Greavesy,s got the job and Southampton gulls joining him as assistant. Saint and Greavesy. :clap: Sorry could not resist it.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote: Not sure about David Byrne may be too much of a Talking Head! :lol:
It's a "Once in a lifetime" opportunity - if he doesn't get the job we might be on a "Road to nowhere". I'll get me coat.
badamsincalifornia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by badamsincalifornia »

HeavenAndHele wrote: It's a "Once in a lifetime" opportunity - if he doesn't get the job we might be on a "Road to nowhere". I'll get me coat.
Lets just hope that he's not a "Psycho Killer"! :lol:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Whats all this cack about Ray Palour? Joke surely.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

PhilGull wrote: Putting your hand in your pocket and investing in the club qualifies you to make the decision. If you don't like it I suggest you put your hand in your pocket and buy some shares....

I am getting so fed up of reading all of the abuse directed at the board, until someone shows me some evidence to the contrary I have nothing but respect for the job they are doing.
Totally agree with this. Many would do well remember where we would be if it wasn't for the board. There were threads stating they were clueless not getting rid of Knill, then when they do they apparently don't know how to pick the right replacement.

As I said before I hope they appoint the man they want. They appointed Buckle - arguably our most successful manager ever - then Ling who did well for most of his reign until illness took over. Both of those appointments weren't exactly popular. Knill was the man many of us wanted and I don't think many predicted this season going the way it has.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

When I heard Knill had the sack I was glad because I though with the right manager a couple of changes and we would be up and running. I have just read on the forum that Mozika is leaving and not on contract this is out of order after we've helped him get back to fitness. I hope this is wrong and all the players are available to Robbie tomorrow. I think fullbacks need looking at and if Pearce is fit he's a must. Lathrope to play in a 4-5-1 and pray we can get a a big striker on loan with maybe Bodin just behind in the space. We've got to stop giving silly goals away.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

When I heard Knill had the sack I was glad because I though with the right manager a couple of changes and we would be up and running. I have just read on the forum that Mozika is leaving and not on contract this is out of order after we've helped him get back to fitness. I hope this is wrong and all the players are available to Robbie tomorrow. I think fullbacks need looking at and if Pearce is fit he's a must. Lathrope to play in a 4-5-1 and pray we can get a a big striker on loan with maybe Bodin just behind in the space. We've got to stop giving silly goals away.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Regardless of the noises Ling is making and the fact that he knows the current set up better than anyone else, to bring him back would be a huge mistake. The way his sacking was handled was a joke however the club owe him nothing and I can only see us booking our place in non-league if he was to return. Fortunately I think it's pretty unlikely. My preferred candidate remains Sturrock by far, obviously money will dictate everything but if there was a way he could come in until the end of the season with Hargreaves able to work alongside him and take up the job in the summer, that would be ideal for me.
The original taunton_gull!!!
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Another one from Neil Perrett of the Bournemouth Echo (not sure why he's this interested!)

@neilperrettecho: Robbie Fowler expected to be among the applicants for the vacant manager's job at Torquay. #tufc #LiverpoolFC

Sure he was mentioned as interested before Ling got the job. No thanks.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Robbie Fowler? Ray Parlour? No. Just no.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Fonda wrote:Robbie Fowler? Ray Parlour? No. Just no.
It would appear it's silly season Fonda, not sure anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would expect us to take a chance on either of those. They have no experience and no history of knowledge of the club.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

joss labadie player-manager ;-)
The gulls are going up
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

nickfrench82 wrote: It would appear it's silly season Fonda, not sure anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would expect us to take a chance on either of those. They have no experience and no history of knowledge of the club.

What do you mean! Ray Parlour has a vast knowledge of being in debt, drug problems within the game and broken relationships with close fans! What your suggesting is gingerism surely !