Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

it has to be sturrock or martin allen for me, someone who knows this league, as much as we all love hargreaves not sure he is ready for this yet, but im sure he will be one day.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

A lot players liked Ling., if the board ask the players for advice then it could well be Ling.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'd really prefer they used their own initiative. If Ling was popular, it was probably because the players in question were picked regularly and training was easy. Results ought to dictate he's not even under consideration. Not to mention what he said about the club when he left.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

All we have to watch out for now is Danny Stevens coming back lol
WiltshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by WiltshireGull »

Taking ling would be a poor decision surely , seeing as he was temporarily off on stress-related illness and I'm sure the position we're in will provide more than enough stress for him to have to deal with ?
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Roadrunner
as much as we all love hargreaves not sure he is ready for this yet, but im sure he will be one day.
You might be right on that Roadrunner, but Hargreaves needs to get a move on or it'll be time to retire before he gets started !
He's already the old man coach at Bournemouth with a manager who is the best part of six years younger than him. Hargreaves is now 41, yet Eddie Howe was already Bournemouth manager at 31.

Higher up we have Managers younger than Hargreaves such as Roberto Martinez, who will have had lengthy spells managing 2 or 3 clubs, won the F.A Cup etc. I'm not suggesting Hargreaves should be considered by Man Utd if they get fed up with Moyes, but if he's still not ready to take charge of a smallish club at League 2 level, then maybe he should reassess his ambitions for the future.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

First time managers are generally doing ok in L2 this year. I'd like Hargreaves for his spirit and his familiarity with Eddie Howe's approach at Bournemouth. Experience isn't guaranteed success look at Worthington, Ward and Boothroyd.
Alternatives if they're interested Mark Venus or Steve Burr.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Bournmouth took a chance on Eddie Howe, they had no money, were on -15 points before the season started and he had never managed before. I haven't checked the table in a while, but last I checked, they're not doing too badly now.....
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'd like to think the club won't have a preferred candidate, that they just give it to on a whim. For most jobs there is an interview process, at which the applicants will outline their thoughts, and formulate a plan of action - in this instance presumably involving playing style, staff requirements etc. I'm not suggesting they should give it to the candidate that wants least money and promises the prettiest playing style - merely that when they interrogate the interviewee's, somebody surprising might emerge as the right choice.

That, or just save time and give it to Tarzan.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hargreaves now evens on sky bet with sturrock 2/1. Interesting that Ian dowie is new favourite for Northampton
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Remember Martin Ling was the last applicant to be interviewed and got the job!

He impressed the Board when everyone thought Foster? from Brighton was a certainty.

I would so love to be a fly on the wall at a Board interview for a new manager. I guess 3 or 4 Directors make up the Board on such occasions.
Yellow Tree
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Yellow Tree »

Robbie Fowler anyone??

Just come across this.......can't see it personally

This would be a risky one for me but I like the idea of a high profile ex player.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... uay-United
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Yellow Tree wrote:Robbie Fowler anyone??

Just come across this.......can't see it personally

This would be a risky one for me but I like the idea of a high profile ex player.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... uay-United
I'd want to know from this w****r, why he describes Torquay as being 'laughingly in 23rd place in league 2'.

Yes we're 23rd, and bang in trouble, but to have a no mark journalist make comments like 'laughingly', that is quite frankly pathetic.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickfrench82 wrote:Bournmouth took a chance on Eddie Howe, they had no money, were on -15 points before the season started and he had never managed before. I haven't checked the table in a while, but last I checked, they're not doing too badly now.....
the reason being nick, is that they were that much in the sh*t there was no-one else. and yes he has been brilliant.

however our predicament is different -for a start bournmouth didnt run the risk of leaving the football league.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow Tree
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Yellow Tree »

nickfrench82 wrote: I'd want to know from this w****r, why he describes Torquay as being 'laughingly in 23rd place in league 2'.

Yes we're 23rd, and bang in trouble, but to have a no mark journalist make comments like 'laughingly', that is quite frankly pathetic.
Quite! Not sure what this guy's problem is, and where he comes up with, IMO, such a far fetched story?