Harrop for manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Garydegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Adrian Foster

Harrop for manager

Post by Garydegull »

How nice it is to see so much passion !!
First match ive been at this season where the guy in charge has a real passion for torquay and the players are responding :)
Garydegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Garydegull »

This is the Harrop appreciation thread ..... no negatives please. Ill be a 1 man band if need be and support him on my own :)
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

No if we get 3 points today give another game next week we don't need to rush this appointment
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Temporary solution, nothing more
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Always has his say, positive manager at youth level. Deserves his chance.
Garydegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Garydegull »

He kissed Bodin when he subbed him.... now that passion lol !
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Karl Hawley

Post by TufcHills »

Why kiss Bodin? Cost us the game
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

TufcHills wrote:Why kiss Bodin? Cost us the game
Eh!

Why do you think Bodin cost us the game?
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

As I said in the match-day thread I really hope Geoff is retained on the bench for the rest of the season irrespective of who comes in. He is an excellent person to have around, he said and did all the right things today and really understood the importance of acknowledging the fans and trying to create a positive atmosphere generally. He said that managing Torquay United is a 'honour' and for that comment alone he should have the support of the fanbase. I have no doubt that he understands completely the gravity of his situation, his actions today really made the fans feel like a part of the club again. I have a feeling the recalling of Lathrope et al, as well as the inclusion of Pearce and Nicholson once more may well have a positive effect on the rest of the season. I thought we were excellent today, the shape in particular looked completely unrecognisably better than what we have seen so far up to this point.

Massive well done to Geoff. Glad we could acknowledge him at the final whistle too.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Stop going on about Bodin it is pathetic. He did not cost us the game, he just missed his shot when he had the chance. He played very well today, was always a threat.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

bengull wrote:As I said in the match-day thread I really hope Geoff is retained on the bench for the rest of the season irrespective of who comes in. He is an excellent person to have around, he said and did all the right things today and really understood the importance of acknowledging the fans and trying to create a positive atmosphere generally. He said that managing Torquay United is a 'honour' and for that comment alone he should have the support of the fanbase. I have no doubt that he understands completely the gravity of his situation, his actions today really made the fans feel like a part of the club again. I have a feeling the recalling of Lathrope et al, as well as the inclusion of Pearce and Nicholson once more may well have a positive effect on the rest of the season. I thought we were excellent today, the shape in particular looked completely unrecognisably better than what we have seen so far up to this point.

Massive well done to Geoff. Glad we could acknowledge him at the final whistle too.

Agree with all of that. When you looked over to the Bench, it looked right! A man who loves the club, getting the players going and even joining in with the supporters when chanting. A great man.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Off topic, but Bodin was the worst player today at 5/10. Made too many dreadful decisions.

Harrop should be given the job. Excellent manager, excellent man, free. Ticks every box.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:Off topic, but Bodin was the worst player today at 5/10. Made too many dreadful decisions.
Harrop should be given the job. Excellent manager, excellent man, free. Ticks every box.
Matt.
Don't ever rush to judgement, Matt..!! :~D
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I agree, Bodin was buzzing and I bet Harrop wished he'd not had the kiss and left him on. Bodin produced some of the best football seen at Plainmoor this season, playing in a system that he fitted like a glove. Hawley played well and fitted in the team as previous games he looked like a spare part. Harrop did well but should have had three point in the bag as Morcombe only had one shot on target second half. If Harrop had got the points He would have been in the driving seat but you could see Morcombe getting into the game and we did not act. But he deserved more than a point it's a shame this did not happen a month ago. Well done the squad and you all looked smart for the first time in the warm up.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I thought Bodin did very well today, as did the whole team. In fact, for the first time in a long time, it seems as if we now have a real football team who can go places.