Shamir Goodwin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not on the evidence of the Exeter and Morecambe matches - if Bodin maintains that form he is our best chance of staying up. You are talking absolute bollocks.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

brucie wrote:Not on the evidence of the Exeter and Morecambe matches - if Bodin maintains that form he is our best chance of staying up. You are talking absolute bollocks.
Goals per chances very poor. I rate him very slightly above Danny Stevens and this only because of his height.

Welsh international my arse!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

kevgull wrote: Goals per chances very poor. I rate him very slightly above Danny Stevens and this only because of his height.

Welsh international my arse!
He has 10 times the talent and potential of Stevens. He's lacked consistency, but is clearly improving in that respect.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Fonda wrote: He has 10 times the talent and potential of Stevens. He's lacked consistency, but is clearly improving in that respect.
And fingers crossed he now has the manager to get the best out of him. There is no doubting the boys potential.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Needs a big improvement on his decision making for me. Probably a very good player during training.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

This Goodwin lad seems to have come in under the radar a little. Wouldn't be surprised if the story went something along the lines of Brighton tearing Bournemouth Reserves/Youths apart with this lad at the forefront.

Regardless of how many strikers we've got, Sullivan and Yeoman don't truly cut the mustard and Hawley is miles away from form so having this lad as an option from the bench isn't an issue for me.
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

I've been hoping for a good win for months!
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by cosmic74 »

Jeff wrote:This Goodwin lad seems to have come in under the radar a little. Wouldn't be surprised if the story went something along the lines of Brighton tearing Bournemouth Reserves/Youths apart with this lad at the forefront.

Regardless of how many strikers we've got, Sullivan and Yeoman don't truly cut the mustard and Hawley is miles away from form so having this lad as an option from the bench isn't an issue for me.
Completely agree Jeff, don't think Greavsie would have taken a punt on the first striker offered to him. Hopefully he has torn Bournemouth youth apart and the Gaffer thinks he could cut it at our level!!

COYY

IN CHRIST WE TRUST!!
I live for matchdays!!!!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's a risk free and potentially very good loan signing for us. He obviously has an excellent youth record and has scored at a very good rate in the Conference South earlier this season. He now has a chance to step up two divisions and make his mark in professional football.

A one month loan of a youth forward from Brighton to take a look at him won't cost us too much, but if he does step up, then we've found a gem. We're not going to sign a proven goalscorer on loan in January, so any signing is going to be either a youngster or someone not in their parent club's plans. If he turns out to be a Nicky Ajose or Jason Roberts type youth loan then he could save us, and if he doesn't work out, we haven't lost too much, not like signing someone on a 2 year deal.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

mickyflash wrote:I've been hoping for a good win for months!
:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Gulliball wrote:It's a risk free and potentially very good loan signing for us. He obviously has an excellent youth record and has scored at a very good rate in the Conference South earlier this season. He now has a chance to step up two divisions and make his mark in professional football.

A one month loan of a youth forward from Brighton to take a look at him won't cost us too much, but if he does step up, then we've found a gem. We're not going to sign a proven goalscorer on loan in January, so any signing is going to be either a youngster or someone not in their parent club's plans. If he turns out to be a Nicky Ajose or Jason Roberts type youth loan then he could save us, and if he doesn't work out, we haven't lost too much, not like signing someone on a 2 year deal.
:goodpost:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Jeff wrote:This Goodwin lad seems to have come in under the radar a little. Wouldn't be surprised if the story went something along the lines of Brighton tearing Bournemouth Reserves/Youths apart with this lad at the forefront.

Very brave (progressive?) decision to bring in Goodwin on the back of resigning an injury prone Stockley. I guess the likes of Smith who left Wimbledon and is now back with his parent club, after scoring a hat full of goals is not on our radar.

Like you say Sullivan,Yeoman and Hawley already have question marks against them this season. I would also add Stockley to that list.

This leaves Benyon who is still trying to resurrect his career after unsuccessful moves to Swindon and Southend respectively. He's got a great attitude and is a fantastic " fox in the box" type of player. We know what he is capable of given the right circumstances.

IMO 2 of our strikers need to quickly form a partnership and regularly start the remainder of our games left this season. Stability in our forward line will determine the outcome of our season.
Here's hoping!
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

I thought I'd ventured on to the wrong forum for a sec when I saw the heading 'Shamir Goodwin'..... 'Sham' has been playing for my adopted side (Tonbridge Angels) for the last couple of months and it comes as no surprise that we have snapped him up (albeit on a month's loan).

As seen in a previous youtube clip on this thread, Sham likes to shoot ....and from range...and believe me, he likes to shoot whenever the goal is in sight.

He's also pretty skilful on the ball, attacks defenders and, as mentioned, has an eye for goal.

I watched the game at Gander Green Lane when Sutton entertained the Angels and this clip shows his goal in the 2-1 win. (Sham's goal is at around the 7m55sec point).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_NnDmFfu4

The Longmead* faithful were gutted to see him return to his home-club Brighton as he has been a shining light in a not-so-bright season for the Conference South Kent outfit.

I can only wish Sham all the luck in the world for his brief spell with us - and if it doesn't work out I'm sure Mr Tommy Warrilow will be back on the phone to Óscar García Junyent to try and entice Sham back into an Angels' shirt!

:scarf:
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

Kernowgull wrote:

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!!!

The natives of Tonbridge will be apoplectic with rage at being associated in any way with their very posh neighbours! :lol:
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

KentGull wrote:
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!!!

The natives of Tonbridge will be apoplectic with rage at being associated in any way with their very posh neighbours! :lol:
My sincere apologies Kentgull, my knowledge of the Kent area is limited to say the least! Although the number of times Ive received abuse for my Cornish heritage, I might just pretend it was an intentional geographical dig ;-)