Mozika Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote: I wasn't seeking redemption for being in the pub - rather for being so gullible as to believe that post was made by Mozika himself! :lol:
dont worry shane - you wouldnt get it for that........ =D

however, you must have had one over the eight to think that it was Mozika's post! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:DM has left for pastures new. Confirmed today. We simply couldn't afford him, apparently.

Of course the comment from "Damien Mozika" is a wind-up and you, Shane, are nothing like stupid enough to genuinely believe otherwise.

A real shame, since he was a classy player and one who could certainly do a job for us. The club don't know where he's gone, but I would be extremely surprised if he didn't end up at Bury. Brassy was a massive fan.

Matt.
I suppose if he ends up at bury, it will just go to confirm what a super player he is, and how far out of our league he is.

I maintain, that he is no big loss...a mercenary...if he is/was on big money, then he never did quite enough to warrant it. Decent enough player but nothing special.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not so sure how classy he really was. Played well against Bristol Rovers. Was rubbish aganst Exeter, and was even worse when he came on as a sub against Morecambe. He is nowhere near as good as Labadie.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

A midfield three of Lathrope behind Labadie and Mozika would have been my preferred choice from recent personnel, but whether it be money or fitness, that won't be happening and I wish him all the best. He'll do someone a decent job elsewhere.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

News hot off the presses: Hector disagrees with stated opinion of Ferrarilover. Includes bonus feature: Brucie thinks player is shit.

If you've read one thread, you've read them all...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

The facts are that Mozika was excellent in a couple of games and invisible in the rest. His performance at Plymouth was lethargic in the extreme and his introduction against Morecambe probably cost us the win. Contrast with Mansell who puts in 100% effort and leadership every game and I know which I prefer. Labadie is ten times the player Mozika is so its no loss to me.
Tust member 191
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Mattpuma wrote:The facts are that Mozika was excellent in a couple of games and invisible in the rest. His performance at Plymouth was lethargic in the extreme and his introduction against Morecambe probably cost us the win. Contrast with Mansell who puts in 100% effort and leadership every game and I know which I prefer. Labadie is ten times the player Mozika is so its no loss to me.
:goodpost:

Exactly, just look at Mozika's record and it is clear that he never stays anywhere for very long, is usually injured and it demonstrates what folly it would be to offer this journeyman a lengthy contract...hence

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/br ... story.html

...and forever the case is likely to be. A reasonable player when fit, which is rare enough, but nothing worth pushing the boat out for...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

In all fairness to Mozika, I think it was difficult for him to play so many games in a short period over xmas due to his fitness issues. In fact it was a stupid decision by Knill to play him all those games, along with another stupid decision not to put O'Connnor at right back etc etc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Mattpuma wrote:The facts are that Mozika was excellent in a couple of games and invisible in the rest. His performance at Plymouth was lethargic in the extreme and his introduction against Morecambe probably cost us the win. Contrast with Mansell who puts in 100% effort and leadership every game and I know which I prefer. Labadie is ten times the player Mozika is so its no loss to me.
:goodpost: Spot on. Sorry to add, if the club can secure Labadie for the rest of the season, and maybe he might now it's clear he's surplus to requirements get him on a permanent move in the summer would be fantastic, he is as you say, 10 times the player than mozika.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

When I saw Labadie last season he looked one of the best young midfielders I've ever seen at our level, the physical side of his game is seriously impressive.

I think people are underestimating how good Mozika could have been for us but there's no doubt that Labadie is the one I would want permanently. Absolute quality player.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed Dave, personally not underestimating how good Mozika could have been for us his performance against Rovers was top class, however honesty has to come into it, second half against Exeter he was poor, against Plymouth to be fair he was hopeless, and being fair again, he didn't have a lot of time on the pitch v Morecambe, but those few minutes were pretty pointless, just think it's down to time and finance, our club have neither.

If the team were safe mid table, the club could give Mozika the time to get fully fit, which personally despite what some say, I do not think he was, with out him, it frees up some money to perhaps secure Labadie for the rest of the season or maybe bring in one more, Labadie is the player more likely to see us safe at the end of season.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

forevertufc wrote:Agreed Dave, personally not underestimating how good Mozika could have been for us his performance against Rovers was top class, however honesty has to come into it, second half against Exeter he was poor, against Plymouth to be fair he was hopeless, and being fair again, he didn't have a lot of time on the pitch v Morecambe, but those few minutes were pretty pointless, just think it's down to time and finance, our club have neither.

If the team were safe mid table, the club could give Mozika the time to get fully fit, which personally despite what some say, I do not think he was, with out him, it frees up some money to perhaps secure Labadie for the rest of the season or maybe bring in one more, Labadie is the player more likely to see us safe at the end of season.

I thought you sum it up well. Mozika was a reasonable player, alhough I have seen far better in midfield for us, but his history suggests he is not a player you could stake a big chunk of salary on. Labadie on the other hand seems to be a lot more solid, reliable and talented.
LocalGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chappell

Post by LocalGull »

hector wrote: I suppose if he ends up at bury, it will just go to confirm what a super player he is, and how far out of our league he is.

I maintain, that he is no big loss...a mercenary...if he is/was on big money, then he never did quite enough to warrant it. Decent enough player but nothing special.
Was an ok engine room player that when fully fit could of done a good job I think, but classy? No chance. Had no guile about him at all, and one of the most awkward players I've seen at times since the days of Jean Pierre Simb. Had a good physical presence and with time would have done ok, but let's not kid ourselves that he was a superb baller.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If it was a choice between Mozika and Labadie I agree with those above. Labadie is a fantastic all round midfield player at this level. If there is any chance we could get him here permanently it would be a real coup. But I'd have thought he was here in place of Mcourt, who's own loan ended as JL's started? It's unfortunate the budget wouldn't stretch to keeping Mozika as well. I thought he looked decent, was getting fitter, and as a partnership he and JL could have worked well.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure I agree with you there Shane, I think the recall of Lathrope spelt the end of McCourt, and Damon was the intended replacement for McCourt, I am convinced Labadie is meant more as a replacement for Mozika, again I am in no doubt what Mozkia could have become given time, however Labadie gives us everything in midfield that Mozika wasn't consistently enough.

Labadie give you some bite in there, Mozika didn't, Labadie, we know has a goal or two in him, Mozika some how managed to hit the post (header) from 2 yrds against Rovers when it was harder to miss, Labadie has defensive qualities, and can turn defence into attack very quickly through midfield, some thing we just didn't see enough of, from Mozika, that's why I think he is here to cover the Mozika position.

To keep Mozika the club would have needed to ditch Mansell , I know there's a few out there who would gladly see that happen, however since Mansell was signed, every manager we've had, have agreed, because they've all keep him in the first team, his only breaks have been through injury or suspension, what should that tell us ? Don't completely understand the Mansell bashing, not the best footballer, but energy, never stops running , commitment to cause, fight, desire, drive, never gives up, we're a div 4 club in a relegation scrap, those are qualities you need out on the pitch, rather have Mansell right now than Mozika.