Goodwin and Stockers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Goodwin and Stockers

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Both have now signed on loan for the remainder of the season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Poor sods are stuck with us till the end!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Both should start tonight if fit! I hope :-D after Saturdays strike force or did we have one.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Can't get excited about loans extensions now, would have put Goodwin up front with Stockley and not bothered with Enoch to be honest.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Can't get excited about loans extensions now, would have put Goodwin up front with Stockley and not bothered with Enoch to be honest.
I can only agree as up front it's like the lottery you never win. I'd still like to see Craig I know I harp on about him but I feel he's been wasted by all the managers.
Swanny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Swanny »

I can't say I'm thrilled with their loan extensions. Neither Stockley or Goodwin are contributing enough in my opinion and both tend to be anonymous for most of the games. I'm in the bring back and use our own players camp. I think using so many loan players this season have just made matters worse and Knill and now Hargreaves have lost the plot in not knowing their best team / formations. I wish we had someone like Ling who gets the best from OUR players.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Manager picks settled side: doesn't have a plan B
Manager picks bespoke side: doesn't know his best formation.

And that's before we allow that we seem to get an injury a week, forcing change upon us.

No different to the majority of fans, of course, who know absolutely nothing of the realities of running a football club or managing a team, but it's no less tragic to read.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I see where you're coming from, Matt, but to be completely honest, I'd lop off a testicle for a manager with a working plan of any kind right now.

The calls for Ling or Knill back are just desperate though, neither are the answer to our problems. What we need is to play some decent football. Passing it around on the floor. That's how you start picking up points when the pitches improve and the ground becomes drier. That's why over the last 10 years, our best ends to seasons have always been with ground football playing teams.

If we had to go for an ex-manager who plays the right way and is arrogant enough to get the job done, it's Paul "The Special One" Buckle.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Neither good enough to keep us up.
Couple more nails in the conference coffin.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

by Swanny » Today, 17:15

I can't say I'm thrilled with their loan extensions. Neither Stockley or Goodwin are contributing enough in my opinion and both tend to be anonymous for most of the games. I'm in the bring back and use our own players camp. I think using so many loan players this season have just made matters worse and Knill and now Hargreaves have lost the plot in not knowing their best team / formations. I wish we had someone like Ling who gets the best from OUR players.

by cambgull » 26 minutes ago

I see where you're coming from, Matt, but to be completely honest, I'd lop off a testicle for a manager with a working plan of any kind right now.

The calls for Ling or Knill back are just desperate though, neither are the answer to our problems. What we need is to play some decent football. Passing it around on the floor. That's how you start picking up points when the pitches improve and the ground becomes drier. That's why over the last 10 years, our best ends to seasons have always been with ground football playing teams.

If we had to go for an ex-manager who plays the right way and is arrogant enough to get the job done, it's Paul "The Special One" Buckle.
Some points there that I 100%, wholeheartledly am in agreement with!

Get the ball down and give each other half a chance to try and actually do something with it. Its not that hard to play passing football on the floor, hoofing the bloody thing in the air is harder and more physically draining. Its a fact football on the deck gives you a far greater chance of winning matches.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Whilst I agree with the premise that passing football can be more effective, don't forget that our playing surface is shocking at the moment.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DevonYellow wrote:Whilst I agree with the premise that passing football can be more effective, don't forget that our playing surface is shocking at the moment.
so is the team.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Does anyone know if wilkinson and Obrian have returned
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

O'Brien went ages ago - Is Wilkinson still here, hopefully not. Don't really understand why people are always slagging off Stockley.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote: Don't really understand why people are always slagging off Stockley.
Me neither. Decent player. More than happy to have him and Goodwin here til the end of the season.