2 from 4

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

2 from 4

Post by portugull »

I wonder what the odds are on TUFC going down with Pompey are?

It looks like 2 from 4 namely United, Northampton ,Pompey and Wycombe.

We still have to play Bristol Rovers and Wycombe so a miracle could still happen if we win 5 out of 7 .BUT even I, a supreme optimist now accept this is very unlikely. But you never know.

I cannot remember a season when so much has gone wrong. It is a sign of the times that so often the people in charge of events whether in schools, hospitals, police stations, town halls AND football clubs,simply do not have the ability to perform and manage in a professional and competent manner.

If you want success in any business you need top people and sadly our Board have proven that while their hearts are in the right place they simply lack the ability to appoint the right calibre of people. Never easy but so very important.

It does not matter which level you operate in appoint the wrong people and you will fail.I exclude Chris Hargreaves because the damage was done well before his arrival. I am normally positive and I hope this post does not sound bitter but I am very, very disappointed with the performance of the Board and Management of Torquay United the club I have supported for over 60 years.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

portugull wrote:I wonder what the odds are on TUFC going down with Pompey are?

It looks like 2 from 4 namely United, Northampton ,Pompey and Wycombe.

We still have to play Bristol Rovers and Wycombe so a miracle could still happen if we win 5 out of 7 .BUT even I, a supreme optimist now accept this is very unlikely. But you never know.

I cannot remember a season when so much has gone wrong. It is a sign of the times that so often the people in charge of events whether in schools, hospitals, police stations, town halls AND football clubs,simply do not have the ability to perform and manage in a professional and competent manner.

If you want success in any business you need top people and sadly our Board have proven that while their hearts are in the right place they simply lack the ability to appoint the right calibre of people. Never easy but so very important.

It does not matter which level you operate in appoint the wrong people and you will fail.I exclude Chris Hargreaves because the damage was done well before his arrival. I am normally positive and I hope this post does not sound bitter but I am very, very disappointed with the performance of the Board and Management of Torquay United the club I have supported for over 60 years.

I would take Pompey out of the equation. I am expecting a Dead Cat Bounce from them after their little spending spree.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I think rovers are in trouble. I reckon they will come down with us.

I know we realisticly down but part of me still thinks we can do it. (Well if we can score goals)
I reckon we will beat southend. But even if we dont we still have to play rovers, exeter, mansfield and wycombe. There all scrappy games but its possible.

Theres just that little bit of hope left in me that we can somehow get out of it. The fact that its still only 6 points when it was 10 few games ago.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Seriously if anybody thinks we can stay up with this load of a crap then they are mental.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

brucie wrote:Seriously if anybody thinks we can stay up with this load of a crap then they are mental.
Ive watched rovers, wycombe, exeter and southend recently for work and they have all been awful and very beatable. Yes our team is not much better but theres still a chance to get a result.

Until the day its official I will hope.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

brucie wrote:Seriously if anybody thinks we can stay up with this load of a crap then they are mental.
I was going to take you to task again Brucie for your apparent flippance when it comes to derogatory mental health comments but I have to say I totally agree with you on this occasion! :na: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Brett - I have been watching teams all season that are no better than us but the pattern continues the same ie win one game lose the next five. We cannot string anything together. Thats why we are going down.
Hargreaves answer to the problem is to sign an eighteen year old left back with no league experience. You would think he would have learnt from the disasters that were Wilkinson,O'Brien etc but apparently not.
I don't know where we are going under Hargreaves and Hodges - there is no direction,tactics anything. It is quyite unbelievably worse than ever.
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

Portugull, reading your comment about inability to manage etc I can't help but wonder just how expensive Colin Lee is looking right at this moment? Successful business man, successful football man dispensed because of cost! Well how much is the management shambles left after his departure going to cost our beloved club in the long term?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote:Brett - I have been watching teams all season that are no better than us but the pattern continues the same ie win one game lose the next five. We cannot string anything together. Thats why we are going down.
Hargreaves answer to the problem is to sign an eighteen year old left back with no league experience. You would think he would have learnt from the disasters that were Wilkinson,O'Brien etc but apparently not.
I don't know where we are going under Hargreaves and Hodges - there is no direction,tactics anything. It is quyite unbelievably worse than ever.
to the conference brucie, to the conference.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

harbertongull wrote:Portugull, reading your comment about inability to manage etc I can't help but wonder just how expensive Colin Lee is looking right at this moment? Successful business man, successful football man dispensed because of cost! Well how much is the management shambles left after his departure going to cost our beloved club in the long term?
Im sure Southampton Dave will be along in a minute, once his blood pressure drops, to point the error of your reasoning but I will start with the heavily discounted season ticket offer costing us a big chunk of the loss posted for that season.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Colin Lee? Two words: Mo Camara.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Wasn't he in that 80's band called Aztec? :}
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Wasn't he in that 80's band called Aztec? :}
Don't think anyone got that joke. You could say they were oblivious.

I'll get me coat.