Southend United V Torquay United 29/3/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

True, there is all that as well. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Lets hope the loanee from Spurs suddenly doesn't turn into a cr*p player the instant he sets foot on the pitch. This really is the last throw of the dice but hey! we're gonna win the confrence!!! No we aint :-/

Go on lads! surprise us all and get a result, the coupon buster of the day, you know you want to :)

Yes, I'm rambling on now I'll get me coat!!!
Oblivion!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I expect an all out assault on Southend with a formation, team selection and tactics to suit. If it's more of the same then it is obvious CH has given up the ghost despite bringing in the two lads. If we lose this and fail to beat Scunny then we will probably need to win most of our remaining games to stay up, That is obviously not going to happen therefore today we need to see desire and determination like it is our last game in existence. We need to see huge risks being taken as this game really is the last chance we will realistically have of making it possible. We HAVE to make this game count and win it at all costs.

I can accept that our players aren't good enough but there are things that they CAN do without talent and we need to see it in spades today, what I can't accept is if CH fannies about again and lacks the bravery necessary to make a decent fist of it. COME ON CHRIS AND THE LADS!!! HANG IN THERE AND JUST GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT!! THAT'S ALL WE ASK!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Lovely sunny day here in Essex.
Three points would be nice - is this the last, last chance?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

A 0-1 WIN SAY NO MORE
Dexter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by Dexter »

It all depends on who he play up front and how they are supplied. No no-hope hoof balls please, get it to the wingers and send some crosses in! Coulthirst is a presence, I've seen him play for Spurs in the u21s, but it all depends on his attitude.

----------------- Rice
-- Tonge --- Downes --- Pearce --- Nicho?
------------------ Lathrope ------------------
---- Chappel ---------------------- Cameron
-------------------- Craig -------------------
------------- Bodin ----- Coulthirst

A tad experimental, but it would be nice to see a more dynamic midfield where Nathan can get forward. His distribution and shot ability is brilliant.
The deluded optimist
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

hopefully something interesting in the line up and a gut busting performance from the whole squad

can see lots of the others dropping points to, cobblers will probably win tho, so its vital that we get something here today, a draw is no good really, so hopefully we'll throw everything at them, they'll revert to the limp goalscoring threat they providing before mondays win and we'll travel back to devon with all three points

no bets on us, but going 0-2!! new lad with both! 212 gulls there
still keeping the faith
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Same score as 10 years ago, but even more important -

(8) "2-1 to the Torquay boys :scarf: 2-1 to the Torquay boys :scarf: 2-1 to the Torquay boys :scarf: 2-1 to the Torquay boys :scarf:" (8)
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

TEAM :Rice, Nicholson, Pearce, Downes, Stockley , Mansell, Harding, Hawley, Bodin, Cameron, O'Connor
Last edited by TeenageGull on 29 Mar 2014, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

XI Vs Southend Utd: Rice, Nicholson, Pearce, Downes, Lathrope, Mansell, Harding, Hawley, Bodin, Cameron, O'Connor

Subs: Poke, Tonge, Lathrope, Chapell, Yeoman, Benyon, Coulthirst
TUST member 203
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

XI Vs Southend: Rice, Nicholson, Pearce, Downes, Mansell (c), Harding, Hawley, Bodin, Cameron, Stockley, O'Connor
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

divingbboy wrote:XI Vs Southend Utd: Rice, Nicholson, Pearce, Downes, Lathrope, Mansell, Harding, Hawley, Bodin, Cameron, O'Connor

Subs: Poke, Tonge, Lathrope, Chapell, Yeoman, Benyon, Coulthirst
So lathrope is starting and on the bench?
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

ethantufcbaker wrote: So lathrope is starting and on the bench?
The twitter account got it wrong
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Oh dear, oh dear. It really is white flag time isn't it? Apart from Tonge I would potentially have had all of those on the bench starting this game. Has nothing been learned over the last seven months or longer in relation to some of those players? Why have these two new lads been signed if they aren't able to start the game today? Ridiculous.
The original taunton_gull!!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Well after a minor rant post-Newport declaring I wouldn't go again this season, I guess this just shows it's in the blood. I couldn't stay away so here I am in the away end at Roots Hall.

A little bit of May 8th 2004 wouldn't go amiss today