Torquay United v Scunthorpe United - 5/4/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

DTG wrote:Ok, we're down. We throw the games against rovers and wycombe and beat the Greek scum to send them down?
That is depressing when we still could beat them 3 and still would fall short. Would love exeter to go down with us
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

The comments Hargreaves made when Knill was in charge have really come back to bite him. He just isn't managerial material it seems. I really dread to think what kind of side we'll have next year but I really think as it stands we will occupy the bottom third of the conference unless serious changes are made - unfortunately finances will dictate and the aim will just be to keep the club's head above water. Even when we went down last time I honestly can't remember it being this bad. The club has been run into the ground by complete amateurs and it is a disgrace - they are not fit and proper people.
The original taunton_gull!!!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I would have hoped that our highly paid striker, Hawley, would have welcomed an opportunity to take a penalty. Just sod off Hawley, waste of space.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

taunton_gull wrote:The comments Hargreaves made when Knill was in charge have really come back to bite him. He just isn't managerial material it seems. I really dread to think what kind of side we'll have next year but I really think as it stands we will occupy the bottom third of the conference unless serious changes are made - unfortunately finances will dictate and the aim will just be to keep the club's head above water. Even when we went down last time I honestly can't remember it being this bad. The club has been run into the ground by complete amateurs and it is a disgrace - they are not fit and proper people.
Think your being been a bit optimistic there mate we are going to struggle big time next season on the evidence of CH attitude thus far,

You know what I would back Thea big time if she took the bold step of removing Baker, Hargreaves and especially MR non league Phillips.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Think your being been a bit optimistic there mate we are going to struggle big time next season on the evidence of CH attitude thus far,

You know what I would back Thea big time if she took the bold step of removing Baker, Hargreaves and especially MR non league Phillips.
:goodpost:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Scunthrope a team who should be ashamed they are going up totally outplayed by us. Hawley breaks his arm, Stockley gets sent off and Hargreaves takes off our best player, you really couldn't write this.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote: Think your being been a bit optimistic there mate we are going to struggle big time next season on the evidence of CH attitude thus far,

Is occupying the bottom third of the conference not struggling? :-/
The original taunton_gull!!!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Will Stockley be out for 3 games? Same offence as Goodwin...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

TeenageGull wrote:Hawley breaks his arm, Stockley gets sent off and Hargreaves takes off our best player
ended up doing something else after the first few mins, so what, why and who in question to your statement above!
still keeping the faith
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Why weren't the strikers ripping the ball off Tonge to take the penalty? Bottlers.

Why did we sub our best player in Shaq?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'm sure this season has lasted about 15 months?? we been waiting for the drawbridge to be pulled up for weeks and weeks now, and it still hasnt closed completely

we've apparently played quite well against a lot of teams who are supposedly our betters, its so depressing when its been the most level fourth division for years and we still havent had the bollocks, the luck or the guidance to dod anything about it except drop out of the league with barely a whimper?

it really is embarassing to see the same thing happen week after week, the whole squad should be hanging their heads in shame this season. its unfortunate that any of them are still contracted to us.

in a few weeks that have seen a great torquay united fan die and plainmoors greatest landlord pass away too it puts things into perspective at least. our life as football fans will go on, and TUFC will surely soldier on in some form or another but for

mark batten and geoff brett the battle is finally over

RIP two great football men
still keeping the faith
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

DevonYellow wrote:Why weren't the strikers ripping the ball off Tonge to take the penalty? Bottlers.

Why did we sub our best player in Shaq?
Agree

Why did Tonge take the penalty?

I want CH to state why.

Has no one else got the balls to take one?

And also replicating Hawleys against Exeter trying to place it just doesn't work!

As for Shaq he did look tired, he ran his socks off!
Still would have taken Bodin off though!

And as for the sub Benyon 3 woeful touches and a yello- cheers!

Didn't see stockleys red as he got a nice flick on but again what a useless contribution
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

It just gets worse and worse :@ :@ :@ Never known a season like it. So depressing :'( :'( :'( :'(
Oblivion!!!!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

One word; DISGRACE.

When you are either 4-0 up or already promoted, that is when you allow your defenders to take a penalty. NOT when you are bottom of the table and couldn't score in a brothel. AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE AND HARGREAVES SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN. Also, when you bring in a loan player from Spurs who caught the eye of Real Madird and Barcelona not long ago and is your best player on the pitch, YOU DO NOT TAKE HIM OFF! AGAIN, HARGREAVES SHAME ON YOU. The boo's when his number was shown on the board could be heard from China. I said that Hargreaves cannot be blamed if we go down because it isn't his team and there isn't much else he can do (which is true) but his tactics and management has been all wrong. What a shame that the player who scored a goal at Wembley to get us out of the conference, is taking us back down there.

Our players are awful. Tonge, O'Conner, Mansell, Cruise, Bodin, Stockley, Hawley, Cameron, they are all absolute garbage. We'll be relegated next week away at Rovers and it's back to portaloo's, terrible grounds, atrocious stands, abysmal views, shoddy food and even worse football.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Hmzster
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by Hmzster »

Bad day all round. Geoff landlord of The Union died yesterday, team
couldn't score in a brothel, Tongue who hasn't scored for a millenium takes the pen and the bouncers....I mean stewards are as pathetic and egotistic as ever. What a sh*t afternoon. I'm afraid the bouncers TUFC employ have lost the club another three season tickets for next season.