Season Ticket Renewal - Retained List

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

goodluckgull wrote:I renewed my season ticket today. I still want Torquay United to do well and to do that they need money. Torquay United is my club and I will support them, whatever division we are in. I'm in for the good times and the bad times.
I will be renewing mine at the end of the month when I get paid for the same reasons stated here. Got to go through the good times and the bad times.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AlexGulls wrote: I will be renewing mine at the end of the month when I get paid for the same reasons stated here. Got to go through the good times and the bad times.
see you at lincoln then mate. :clap:
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 06 Apr 2014, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Still undecided.

Like Burnham, I can think of other things I could spend it in e.g. a Chiefs season ticket, where I am assured of a good day out each time, rather than the rubbish we get at Plainmoor.

Fulham look set for relegation but a season ticket at Craven Cottage is no more expensive than one for non-league football at Plainmoor

http://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets/season- ... n=ST1415Tw
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: see you at lincoln then mate. :clap:
See you there mate! :-|
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AlexGulls wrote: See you there mate! :-|
:-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I won't be getting one full stop!
The gulls are going up
mini_mid_devon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nathan Craig

Post by mini_mid_devon »

A price of £295 is quoted as "fantastic value" on the OS.

A small value comparison then of clubs within a reasonable distance....

Southampton £585
Cardiff £249
Bournemouth £250
Yeovil £299
Bristol City £299
The gas £225
Plymouth £320
Exeter £275

Exeter Chiefs £300 including all cup, reserve, youth and friendlies...also discounts on bar, food and shirts etc....

This shows how naive the club are being and anyone willing to fork out this sort of money for North Ferriby Utd on a Tuesday night in the middle of February are barking mad!!!

The club must reconsider, because the hard earned cash you do spend on an annual ticket is best value elsewhere, and this will most definatly show in early-bird sales!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

mini_mid_devon wrote:A price of £295 is quoted as "fantastic value" on the OS.

A small value comparison then of clubs within a reasonable distance....

Southampton £585
Cardiff £249
Bournemouth £250
Yeovil £299
Bristol City £299
The gas £225
Plymouth £320
Exeter £275

Exeter Chiefs £300 including all cup, reserve, youth and friendlies...also discounts on bar, food and shirts etc....

This shows how naive the club are being and anyone willing to fork out this sort of money for North Ferriby Utd on a Tuesday night in the middle of February are barking mad!!!

The club must reconsider, because the hard earned cash you do spend on an annual ticket is best value elsewhere, and this will most definatly show in early-bird sales!!
That is a stark indicator of how poor value watching TUFC is.

Some will question the notion of 'loyalty' and there is that I suppose but in a climate where people have less money to spend on things that are not essentials, when you do spend you want the best value you can get. There is a degree of chicken and egg about it, in that the less revenue the club get in, the less they can do, but then look at what they have done with it anyway. I just do not feel that I can commit myself to another season like the last two - if I have to make a choice of how I spend MY money, then I want it to be on something I enjoy, rather than endure.

Practically, because of work, I rarely make the mid-week games, so I have probably missed enough games to not make it worthwhile having a season ticket anyway, but I do think I am at that stage of apathy that I will more than likely pick my games next season. I never look forward to going to football now, other than to catch up with my friends. I could happily stay in the pub.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

On the flip side to the negatives on this thread, that Chiefs season ticket looks sensational value at £300
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

It's a vicious cycle. The club desperately need our money but there's a strong argument that they don't deserve it because of the shambles we have endured over the last 18 months. However, the difference between selling say 1,000 season tickets and 500 is nearly £150,000. The fewer we sell, the more we will struggle next season - but I don't blame anyone for not renewing.

I think we'll sell more if we start with a clean slate. Get rid of as many players as possible and try and make a few 'exciting' signings (if that's possible at that level). Then a statement from Thea saying something along the lines of "I remain fully committed to the club and expect us to be challenging for an instant return to the Football League." She doesn't have to mean it but you have got to try and convince the fans that we can have a successful season. Trimming the season ticket prices would also help but I'm not sure if that's a viable option.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

So basically, rely on the gullibility of supporters to renew just because the chairperson said they expect us to challenge for promotion?

Can you define "exciting signings"? Cameron ex-Villa, Cruise played Champions League for Arsenal, Chapell.........weren't these exciting signings last summer?

Personally I've never been so disillusioned by the whole club.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nickfrench82 wrote:On the flip side to the negatives on this thread, that Chiefs season ticket looks sensational value at £300
no it doesnt, its bloody rugby, and sanitised americanised rugby at that, oh and its in exeter!! thats three good reasons not to go

we're torquay united fans, we dont expect to be entertained, who wants majorettes and half time and tom hark three times a season when we score, i know i bloody dont

halftimes for moaning about the match with your mates and having a pee!
still keeping the faith
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

The amount of season ticket sales will probably have an impact on Hargreaves' budget this summer so I would be doing everything I can to try and sell as many as possible. 'Exciting' players is a bit vague as I wouldn't put raw youngsters who have dropped down the leagues into that category. As Hargreaves has said, we need more leaders - experienced characters with success at that level. Those type of players would 'excite' me but I can understand why you're disillusioned with life at Plainmoor. We can either throw in the towel and feel sorry for ourselves or try and enjoy the summer and get behind the team next season.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I can think of a few easy things off the top of my head;

-offered 10% off to those renewing their season tickets for next year
-Match day programmes are £2 with a ST rather than £3
-publicise the 10% you get in the club shop with a ST
-(believe you have to pay for a birthday etc message) why not offer with 1 season ticket 1 free message
-on your birthday claim a free gift from the club shop (something around £5 in value)

Just little things that make it a more worthwhile purchase
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

bixieupnorth wrote: no it doesnt, its bloody rugby, and sanitised americanised rugby at that, oh and its in exeter!! thats three good reasons not to go

we're torquay united fans, we dont expect to be entertained, who wants majorettes and half time and tom hark three times a season when we score, i know i bloody dont

halftimes for moaning about the match with your mates and having a pee!
:goodpost:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!