Update for the fans on TUFC site

General chat about anything else goes here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, both have "failed" in their respective missions, and both appear to still be in a job next season too - assuming, of course, that Moyes was tasked with winning the league and Hargreaves was tasked with not getting relegated.

It could be that Hargreaves was told to do his best, but if we went down then no matter as he was still going to be employed anyway. It could also be that the Board of Man U stated to Moyes to do his best, but even if he didn't win the league, no worries as he will still be in a job next season.

The other comparisons:

Both have inherited players past their best, but have been forced to play them
Both have had shockers in the transfer market

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I have no personal knowledge of CH but for me he's a genuine, passionate person. With his comments today I can see why he didn't speak after Friday's game. As I posted once I got home, Dagenham were fortunate to have 11 on the pitch by half-time. Why risk an FA fine? Our recent record with the FA isn't good so why add to the list? Why can't you accept his comments as genuine? Yes he's made mistakes, that's how you learn but who hasn't? Seem to recall Alex Ferguson's first season at Man Utd almost led to his sacking and look what happened. Graham Westley's article in today's Football League Paper is worth a read about managers whose teams are about to be relegated.
I acknowledge I'm from a different generation but the abuse thrown at CH on here, plus personal criticism of individual players is, frankly, totally out of order.I accept, though sadly, that this is the modern trend. I travel miles and miles on a regular basis to watch my team and at the moment I'm embarassed to be associated with so called 'fans' on here. Luckily the ones I sit or stand with have a more rational view.
Why do so many on here seem to relish in the club's relegation?
As others have posted their opinions, these are mine!
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

Lol, moyles has far far bigger boots to fill and a huge task to define improvement over the success under Ferguson. 4 months ago we all thought it was impossible for Tufc to get worse.....however it has, CH didn't have to do an awful lot to demonstrate improvement is the point you already know I am making yet choose to question unfortunately your argument is baseless and futile bit worth a punt I suppose
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

nickbrod wrote:I have no personal knowledge of CH but for me he's a genuine, passionate person. With his comments today I can see why he didn't speak after Friday's game. As I posted once I got home, Dagenham were fortunate to have 11 on the pitch by half-time. Why risk an FA fine? Our recent record with the FA isn't good so why add to the list? Why can't you accept his comments as genuine? Yes he's made mistakes, that's how you learn but who hasn't? Seem to recall Alex Ferguson's first season at Man Utd almost led to his sacking and look what happened. Graham Westley's article in today's Football League Paper is worth a read about managers whose teams are about to be relegated.
I acknowledge I'm from a different generation but the abuse thrown at CH on here, plus personal criticism of individual players is, frankly, totally out of order.I accept, though sadly, that this is the modern trend. I travel miles and miles on a regular basis to watch my team and at the moment I'm embarassed to be associated with so called 'fans' on here. Luckily the ones I sit or stand with have a more rational view.
Why do so many on here seem to relish in the club's relegation?
As others have posted their opinions, these are mine!
Here here, everyone is entitled to their opinion including you, I think the.critics of players on here is disgraceful too, it's the management's job to make the club a stable happy confident place to play football, then players will perform.for you. They haven't done that and you reep what you sew.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

yellowwot1 wrote:Lol, moyles has far far bigger boots to fill and a huge task to define improvement over the success under Ferguson. 4 months ago we all thought it was impossible for Tufc to get worse.....however it has, CH didn't have to do an awful lot to demonstrate improvement is the point you already know I am making yet choose to question unfortunately your argument is baseless and futile bit worth a punt I suppose
Not really - you said he was lucky to still be in a job next season and I simply stated that David Moyes was equally lucky too.

You said there was no comparison between the two - granted the jobs are poles apart, but both have not matched the expectations.

Still, United could have sacked Fergie after his first season in charge given the shocker that he had - bet they are rather glad they didn't.
Not saying that Hargreaves is going to suddenly become amazing overnight, but I think he will shut a few people up in the conference next season (if that's where we end up - it is, of course, still mathematically possible for us to stay up....)

:-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
Not really - you said he was lucky to still be in a job next season and I simply stated that David Moyes was equally lucky too.

You said there was no comparison between the two - granted the jobs are poles apart, but both have not matched the expectations.

Still, United could have sacked Fergie after his first season in charge given the shocker that he had - bet they are rather glad they didn't.
Not saying that Hargreaves is going to suddenly become amazing overnight, but I think he will shut a few people up in the conference next season (if that's where we end up - it is, of course, still mathematically possible for us to stay up....)

:-D[/quotrazy.

Ummm correct on a few points to a degree I suppose but anyone expecting moyes to walk into a fergies job and make an improvement would be nuts your comparison on fergie moyes knill hargreaves is just wrong for.so many reasons. Yes it is still in the math to stay up, but that is another thread and I find it hard to believe anyone believes that is what will happen. If he can't handle the conference then he should go back to running a shop and being a tv critic. I hope he does.shut me and a lot of others up but I doubt it very much indeed.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Not really - you said he was lucky to still be in a job next season and I simply stated that David Moyes was equally lucky too.

:-D
Could you please tell me what attributes you have identified in CH, since his appointment, that has led you to that conclusion?

I am genuinely interested as I must be missing something really obvious.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Er he has already shut up an entire bunch of people from league 2 so far so down in the.conference I am confident he would have the same effect...maybe that's what he means?!!!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

yellowwot1 wrote:Er he has already shut up an entire bunch of people from league 2 so far so down in the.conference I am confident he would have the same effect...maybe that's what he means?!!!
Who has he shut up?

Or do you mean the fans on Saturday ........it was pretty quiet at the end of the match !!
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Lol exactly
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I have just read the comments on the OS.

What a smokescreen!!!! Are we really supposed to believe that CH was still SO furious after 135 minutes , that is 2 hours and 15 minutes later, that he did not feel he had sufficient self control to speak to the media, despite the training he must have had previously as a pundit, for 5 minutes maximum???? Of that 5 minute interview I would be disappointed if he could not control himself for ..what 1 minute.. surely that is as much time as would have been taken up discussing the tackle on Coulthirst by Saah after 4 MINUTES of the game.

Do we think that a man with so little ability to control his emotions is the right person to steady the ship?

Reeks of an inexperienced man trying to cover up his own shortcomings by hiding behind a poor excuse.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Have to say I am pleased Chris posted on the official site to explain Saturday's media ban, would have prefered a personal phone call (£) , but hey that at least was good and was a move in right direction following Saturday's extroidinary post match reaction.

Nice to see he took the blame as well. Could not really ask for more from him
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Taken the blame for what? I cannot see any comment that says "it was my fault" - not that it was his fault entirely.

That was not an excuse that was a thinly disguised attempt to "connect" with the fans who were equally furious about the decision.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

MidDevon wrote:Have to say I am pleased Chris posted on the official site to explain Saturday's media ban, would have prefered a personal phone call (£) , but hey that at least was good and was a move in right direction following Saturday's extroidinary post match reaction.

Nice to see he took the blame as well. Could not really ask for more from him
Wot??? Surely you are taking the absolute pizz either that or your not from mid Devon more like mid Czech republic and something got lost in translation
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: So did David Moyes - but he's still got a job next season.
Not according to the reports coming from the daily telegraph today !