Exeter V Torquay 21st April 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Can I pay £20 at the gate?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

OK then, today is 'for the fans' and those going will see each and every player busting a gut to get us the win against our local rivals according to CH who we must remember is suffering with us.

Let's see the outcome come 5pm then shall we?

To be honest, I don't hold out much hope and am struggling to believe a man who says about the decision by the ref to NOT send off Brian Saah on Friday as, "It was a pivotal moment in our whole season......."

Bearing in mind we were already down before a ball was kicked on Friday then I have to say I find such a statement incredible.

If Dale Tonge starts too then it would be clear that CH clearly doesn't intend to back up his 'win for the fans' claims.

If you are popping along to Sid James today to waste another small portion of your life then have a great day out and enjoy it as best you can.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Does anyone know of a stream to watch/ listen to this game onlinefor us exiles? BBC sport on internet doesn't allow commentary
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

We will win today. Exeter are crap at home and we win the occasional surprise away game. Wycombe, Northampton, and Rovers will all lose so we will delay the inevitable until Saturday, a thread entitled 'Another Great Escape?' will be started, and Mansfield will hammer us out of sight at the weekend! ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Exeter have 2 tough games coming up at home to Scunny and away at Hartlepool and I is not inconceivable that they may not get another point. That is why it is vital that we win today. Forget the local pride thing because as it stands we are going down and they aren't so it's meaningless. They are gloating about beating us so they can keep themselves up AND send us down officially but I we win then it COULD be the result that sends them down with us.

They are shit and we are shit. It is purely a question of who wants it most on the day. That is why I am urging fans not to go.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Forest gull wrote:Does anyone know of a stream to watch/ listen to this game onlinefor us exiles? BBC sport on internet doesn't allow commentary
Try radio Devon online......http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiodevon/on-air. Then search through and see if you can find the frequency for the game 1458 I think.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Obviously any Gulls supporters going to the Exeter game today will be the loyal diehard ones, not the fickle fair weather fans.
Best of luck to them and the team..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Totally disagree with that. Such an argument doesn't hold water anymore.
Jon
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Jon »

I maybe mad!, but anyway to get tickets??
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

In fact I'm still amazed the fans have by and large been with the club for so long both home and away. If fans stopped going at Christmas I'd have totally understood. All fans who have played their part this season in whatever games deserve credit and not criticism for 'deserting' as you would I'm sure phrase it especially when months ago it became blatantly apparent that not many people at the club appeared to give a shit as to what is going on. Certainly not the players or managers. IMO the players don't deserve this level of support and that is why I'm saying don't go. They have had chance after chance after chance after chance to show us that they want to play for this club and want to get us out of this hole and failed on each occasion, and failed appallingly. Go and support the club if you wish, like I shall be doing if I go to Mansfield, the players can all **** off bar one or two but if you go to Exeter shouting encouragement for this set of players then you are quite clearly a Buddhist.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Jon wrote:I maybe mad!, but anyway to get tickets??
It's not all ticket, so I guess you can get them at the ground.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

forevertufc wrote: Try radio Devon online......http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiodevon/on-air. Then search through and see if you can find the frequency for the game 1458 I think.
You won't get it online - RD are not allowed to broadcast football online.

They CAN broadcast Conference games however..........

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

20 minutes ago Obviously any Gulls supporters going to the Exeter game today will be the loyal diehard ones, not the fickle fair weather fans. Best of luck to them and the team..

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Totally disagree with that. Such an argument doesn't hold water anymore.
I also totally disagree with that, as a club Tufc have treated all the fans in a terrible fashion in fact from an insider's point of view many people involved with the club in many different ways other than being a fan have been treated terribly, what comes around goes around and if you treat people like that it comes full circle ad bites you in the arse, it's called KARMA, that's whad is happening at Tufc now. Going to the game? Not deserting a sinking ship, commendable, romantic, loyal and when you think about it a little bit ridiculous
Last edited by yellowwot1 on 21 Apr 2014, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

You van get your ticket at SJP you cannot listen to it online only conventional radio.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Well you can but you would need to pay Tufc forsubscription to the service!