Exeter V Torquay 21st April 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:Can you make this up - with have been all over them by the sound of it. They havn't had a kick. First attack they have scored.
Story of our season.

We can't score - we have useless shits for strikers who wouldn't know what a goal looked like if it hit them in the **** face.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

taunton_gull wrote:Obviously this is the last place we want to go down, however - given Rovers lost earlier (and I can't see Exeter getting relegated) I would much rather Northampton and Wycombe got results to drag the Gas down with us.
:goodpost:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: It's bloody hilarious how a year or so back people were saying that the likes of Bodin and Craig and others were destined for higher leagues and now it turns out they could possibly 'do a job in the conference'! :rofl:

You couldn't make it up! :rofl: :rofl:
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Passion wins you f*** all.

Mansell is passionate, fists pumping most of the match etc etc - but he's been slated most of the season for being sh*t.

It's goals that win matches - I couldn't give two f*** if they are the most miserable bunch of bastards around and hate Torquay with a passion - as long as they score, that's all I want.

f*** passion - GIVE ME f**king GOALS YOU BUNCH OF USELESS *****!!!!
:rofl:

Made me laugh this Scott! I can imagine you pacing round the room cursing and chucking crockery. That's what I'm doing. :)

Common sense and risk taking. Said it months ago and not even when we're down can CH summon up the courage to go for broke. At least Chesterfield are winning so i only need Grimsby now and I've won my bet! Cheers!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Gloomy Gull wrote:When did we last win a game from 1-0 down ??
Northampton away in 2013.......

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

How I'm so glad I didn't go. Radio commentary " Torquay just lumping down the middle" " Torquay players don't seem to know what they're doing" do us a favour CH FORK OFF.
Last edited by Dave on 21 Apr 2014, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

The last time we came from 1-0 down to win a match was against Northampton back in August (and only time this season), and only twice this season have we gone 1-0 down to draw; and even that would be useless today.

We're doomed.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

forevertufc wrote:How I'm so glad I didn't go. Radio commentary " Torquay just lumping down the middle" " Torquay players don't seem to know what they're doing" do us a favour CH FORK OFF.

CH, hero to zero?
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Send out some bloody instructions HARGREAVES

Listening to Branson on the commentary - he says we are putting the wrong sort of ball at Benyon. Can YOU not see that Hargreaves ??????
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

They crossed over to St.James Park on Sky just now and the reporter said two chances for Torquay fell to Benyon...........I looked away at that point.....no point listening to how he fell over or ballooned it over.

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Does Branson like the sound of his own voice?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Sorry if it's been mentioned already. How many away fans are there roughly?
9 + 4 stewards

Fair play though, they are TRUE supporters......

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Does Branson like the sound of his own voice?
Hargreaves used to.......

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Looking at the stats it appears that Exeter having lots of pressure. What's the odds we lose 1-0 and then folk come on and say we just need a goalscorer?

We also need a defence that can stop the **** going in at the other end and also a midfield that can kick a football to another in yellow. That would be a start.

GET HAWLEY ON!! :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Looking at the stats it appears that Exeter having lots of pressure. What's the odds we lose 1-0 and then folk come on and say we just need a goalscorer?

We also need a defence that can stop the f*** going in at the other end and also a midfield that can kick a football to another in yellow. That would be a start.

GET HAWLEY ON!! :rofl:
With Stevens providing the crosses :lol: